2021-2022 IGT Masterthread

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that this will actually be a pretty good heat check for the team. They were thinking they were invincible practically. And without Vuc these are matchups that aren't supposed to go their way. Would have pulled it off probably without the silly foul issues. Once Jones got neutered it was over.
This one likely goes their way if Vucevic plays

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad the Bulls could choke this one away after I fell asleep so I couldnt hedge a bet. I thought let it ride. They are up 16 and the Blazers havent played well. Welp!

@zack54attack I should get a free Bulls hat for it!!!!!

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
I don't mind saying when the bulls hurt themselves during a game. But we were fighting the Blazers as well as the Refs last night. My god the early Tony Bradley fouls were just a preview to the one sided b.s calls we received all night. Portland got away with hacking us all night, and we get nothing. They give them phantom calls, soft incidental contact calls all night. The Lillard hook on Lonzo call that went against the bulls was terrible. They drive and fall down anywhere on the court and the refs grant them a foul even when no one touches them, meanwhile we get mauled finishing a play and no call. I can't even be mad at Zack for getting a tech this time. I hope we never get that ref team again. And would it hurt our coach to fight for his team a little bit more. Sometimes you gotta take one for the team. Walk out on the court like Phil used to do when it's so obvious. Sorry for the vent job, we'll bounce back.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It would have to be a trade with the future in mind if they trade him. Unless you're getting an absolute steal of a veteran. I.e. Zion is demanding a trade and his value plummets based on that (kind of put him in the vet category because who knows how long his knees will last. He's like a shorter Andrew Bynum with more perimeter player skills).

Not to be cliche and throw Kawhi's name in, in regard to PAW, however Klaw played with a balanced Spurs offense with 3 HOFers and great coaching. Definitely a little bit of a parallel (not claiming this Bulls team sniffs the Spurs - just dismissing the claim young guys can't develop with a bunch of good players surrounding them).

Coby White has a lot of skills and has a lot of talent and room for growth. But how many players fit the prototype of a ball dominant guard? I'd rather place my bet on one who can consistently shoot and play good defense.

Defensive rating is a formula based on how the team defense does with you on the floor. It's a measurement of team defensive success only accounting for player X's minutes while on the floor. LaVine is becoming a solid defender and no longer is a liability and I give him credit. I wouldn't exactly call him a big difference maker on that end either.
I’m not even going to bother with the Leonard comment lol

Coby, I agree…he isn’t what the bulls need

in regards to defensive rating, Lavines is now approaching Luol Deng type rating. Sure, you can say it’s partly a product of his teammates around him, but then that would be the case for every player in the nba, so I’m not really seeing your point there. Unless you’re saying defensive rating should be ignored? I’m talking about defensive rating in points allowed per 100 possessions

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls are actually prone to blowing leads this whole year so finally losing a game after blowing a lead isn't a surprise to me. Team needs to learn how to keep a big lead consistently

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Bulls are actually prone to blowing leads this whole year so finally losing a game after blowing a lead isn't a surprise to me. Team needs to learn how to keep a big lead consistently
I'm curious how much this being their 4th road game in six days on the west coast factored into this one. Especially down essentially two starters and people getting big minutes who don't normally. Shots started coming up short, that Lavine shot at the end was just absolutely perfect for him, and went front iron. Another big test friday before going home so I guess we'll see. I know that 4 games in 6 days isn't really uncommon, but time zones and road trips can mess with teams.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'm curious how much this being their 4th road game in six days on the west coast factored into this one. Especially down essentially two starters and people getting big minutes who don't normally. Shots started coming up short, that Lavine shot at the end was just absolutely perfect for him, and went front iron. Another big test friday before going home so I guess we'll see. I know that 4 games in 6 days isn't really uncommon, but time zones and road trips can mess with teams.
I really don't like going up against jokic with no real big. That will be our toughest matchup yet without Vucevic.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I really don't like going up against jokic with no real big. That will be our toughest matchup yet without Vucevic.
Hopefully recovery has gone well and he can come back for the Knicks. I didn't hear if he was asymptomatic or not. I hope so because if he was having health issues it may be a bit of a road back even when he is cleared. Won't be able to put him on the court with Coby at the same time.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Hopefully recovery has gone well and he can come back for the Knicks. I didn't hear if he was asymptomatic or not. I hope so because if he was having health issues it may be a bit of a road back even when he is cleared. Won't be able to put him on the court with Coby at the same time.
I read yesterday he hasn't been able to start cardiac testing which means he hasn't tested negative yet (I believe that was the report).

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
This is a no Vuc loss we just have to fine another player over 6'8 that can play. I would have liked to see Marko get a few minutes as a stretch big.

Its simply hard to play offense 3 and 4 on 5 all game when you are that small but I was still really upset that when Nurkic got his 5th foul in the 4th they just came down and did dumb $hit for like 6-8 possessions

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah that is a fair point. Zach was hot up to that point though, just an unfortunate miss really...you won't get a better look than that in that situation.

I won't get too upset over this loss, it is a long season and you're bound to lose some games you're not supposed to and win some you're not supposed to. This playing with the lead thing though, that's a trend to keep an eye on as that will translate to the playoffs

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't like going up against AD either but somehow we escaped that one. Denver is a better team, though dealing with many injuries themselves

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Didn't like going up against AD either but somehow we escaped that one. Denver is a better team, though dealing with many injuries themselves
Yeah I was worried about AD for sure, but man can that dude play soft at times. Bulls had a nice plan on attacking him as well

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I was worried about AD for sure, but man can that dude play soft at times. Bulls had a nice plan on attacking him as well
Yeah very true. I am fully expecting a dominant game from Jokic and a much tougher game overall. They have Aaron Gordon as well who I am not sure if we'll matchup well against either. Though he hasn't really been putting up notable numbers since moving to Denver.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah very true. I am fully expecting a dominant game from Jokic and a much tougher game overall. They have Aaron Gordon as well who I am not sure if we'll matchup well against either. Though he hasn't really been putting up notable numbers since moving to Denver.
Going from a top 2 option to a like #5 option will do that

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Going from a top 2 option to a like #5 option will do that
Well this season Murray is out and MPJ and Barton have been out lately as well and yet he still does not seem to improve his numbers. Absolutely we would expect his numbers to be down due to a different role, but idk if you could really say he's the last option out there at this current point in time.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well this season Murray is out and MPJ and Barton have been out lately as well and yet he still does not seem to improve his numbers. Absolutely we would expect his numbers to be down due to a different role, but idk if you could really say he's the last option out there at this current point in time.
That’s fair. I’d say playing next to Jokic probably doesn’t help his numbers, but Gordon used to play with Vuc and got his still. So yeah, I guess it is a bit odd

I will say, his numbers aren’t really off from his career averages and what not though. Not sure where you’re seeing the drop off at?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m not even going to bother with the Leonard comment lol

Coby, I agree…he isn’t what the bulls need

in regards to defensive rating, Lavines is now approaching Luol Deng type rating. Sure, you can say it’s partly a product of his teammates around him, but then that would be the case for every player in the nba, so I’m not really seeing your point there. Unless you’re saying defensive rating should be ignored? I’m talking about defensive rating in points allowed per 100 possessions
Wasn't Boozer in the top 10 in the NBA in DefRating when he was on the Bulls for a couple of years?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Wasn't Boozer in the top 10 in the NBA in DefRating when he was on the Bulls for a couple of years?
I believe so. He was an excellent team defender, as has been discussed by others in this forum recently