Stratmaster

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Despite at least 8 minutes of garbage time, the Bulls didn't score their 30th point of the 2nd half until their last shot.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
move on tough loss

Nah not really. We're coming off the toughest part of our schedule, the second night of a B2B, without a frontcourt, or our best defender. It would have been surprising if we won.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tell me you don’t know what the difference between being a good team defender and a good one on one defender without telling me

That’s never been what I claimed
Dude, you just inferred that Deron Williams and Kyle Korver were bad defenders in order to criticize my take on Boozer's defense. And their defensive rating in 2009-10 was greater than Boozer's. So, by your own logic, they must be better defenders than he was.

All I was saying is that the "defensive rating" stat is a terrible metric to rely on in order to measure ability on D. And your insistence that Boozer was "good at rotations" is ridiculous. I watched close to 150 Bulls games in Boozer's first two years in Chicago and I find it insulting to my intelligence to suggest he was a good defender in any facet. Whether team or individually. I was only willing to compromise on "adequate" because the other guys around him made up for his short comings, and they managed to make it work with him.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Dude, you just inferred that Deron Williams and Kyle Korver were bad defenders in order to criticize my take on Boozer's defense. And their defensive rating in 2009-10 was greater than Boozer's. So, by your own logic, they must be better defenders than he was.

All I was saying is that the "defensive rating" stat is a terrible metric to rely on in order to measure ability on D. And your insistence that Boozer was "good at rotations" is ridiculous. I watched close to 150 Bulls games in Boozer's first two years in Chicago and I find it insulting to my intelligence to suggest he was a good defender in any facet. Whether team or individually. I was only willing to compromise on "adequate" because the other guys around him made up for his short comings, and they managed to make it work with him.
Well, your lack of it is insulting…so yeah

cool, you watched a lot of bulls games. So did I. Not sure what your point is with that

boozer was a good team defender. It’s sad that someone that claims to watch as much basketball as you do, can’t differentiate between team defense and individual defense

everywhere boozer went, he had good team defensive ratings. Sorry that you can’t comprehend this

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As with any bad loss, just forget it happened and go get the next one. Gimme matchup against the Rockets next so perfect bounce back opportunity.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, your lack of it is insulting…so yeah

cool, you watched a lot of bulls games. So did I. Not sure what your point is with that

boozer was a good team defender. It’s sad that someone that claims to watch as much basketball as you do, can’t differentiate between team defense and individual defense

everywhere boozer went, he had good team defensive ratings. Sorry that you can’t comprehend this
You just lost the argument dude. Your just cherry-picked 2 of the guy's former teammates you claimed were worse than him. And it turned out that they had a better DEFRTG than he did!

I would ask you how you define "team defender" vs. "individual defender". However, I don't respect your opinion to begin with, because it's clear to me that you don't know basketball. Plus, you'd probably just say something like "Bo0z3r wAs Go0d @ r0tAt!oNs" - not true by the way

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So, I can't speak to Boozers team defense, as I'm not even sure how one would really define that. It's not something I ever noticed while watching games back then, the bulk of which I watched in 2010-2012 prior to Rose's ACL tear.

It is fact that Boozer was a bad individual defender (that could be seen in every game) and was routinely removed from games in the 4th quarter for Taj Gibson because of his poor defense.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You just lost the argument dude. Your just cherry-picked 2 of the guy's former teammates you claimed were worse than him. And it turned out that they had a better DEFRTG than he did!

I would ask you how you define "team defender" vs. "individual defender". However, I don't respect your opinion to begin with, because it's clear to me that you don't know basketball. Plus, you'd probably just say something like "Bo0z3r wAs Go0d @ r0tAt!oNs" - not true by the way
Lmao I never claimed boozer had a better defensive rating then they did.

So just as I predicted a few posts ago…you’re moving the goal posts

I’m so glad my opinion doesn’t matter to you so much that you went out of your way to post reply after reply about it numerous times now. You didn’t have to interject your over opinionated self into it. Yet, you did. I guess you have zero life, or my opinion matters more to you than you’re letting on. Either way, whatever

boozer was a high IQ player that knew where he was supposed to be at all times. Now, true his athletic limitations hampered his ability to get there as quickly as some players. But for a 6’9/6’10 big man, he wasn’t that far behind many others in the league in that regard. And his high IQ and instincts helped make up for some of that

again, let me know when you’re ready to start comprehending the difference between individual defense and team defense

I mean, it sure is odd that boozer was such a poor defender…yet EVERY team he played on played above average to elite level defense as a team. Yes, some teammates being exceptional defenders helps that…but as we can see with coby white…the other 4 guys on the court can only cover for the poor defender so much.

but hey, what do I know?! You watched 150 bulls games, so you know everything apparently ?

grow up

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lmao I never claimed boozer had a better defensive rating then they did.

So just as I predicted a few posts ago…you’re moving the goal posts

I’m so glad my opinion doesn’t matter to you so much that you went out of your way to post reply after reply about it numerous times now. You didn’t have to interject your over opinionated self into it. Yet, you did. I guess you have zero life, or my opinion matters more to you than you’re letting on. Either way, whatever

boozer was a high IQ player that knew where he was supposed to be at all times. Now, true his athletic limitations hampered his ability to get there as quickly as some players. But for a 6’9/6’10 big man, he wasn’t that far behind many others in the league in that regard. And his high IQ and instincts helped make up for some of that

again, let me know when you’re ready to start comprehending the difference between individual defense and team defense

I mean, it sure is odd that boozer was such a poor defender…yet EVERY team he played on played above average to elite level defense as a team. Yes, some teammates being exceptional defenders helps that…but as we can see with coby white…the other 4 guys on the court can only cover for the poor defender so much.

but hey, what do I know?! You watched 150 bulls games, so you know everything apparently ?

grow up
So we are in this back and forth, of which you are clearly a participant, and I'm somehow the only loser between us. I'd respect you more if you conceded that you were also a "loser" but you seem like the type to not admit it.

The fact that you are going out of your way to defend a shitty defender is mind boggling. He was only an adequate part of the system because others (like former DPOY Joakim Noah) were helping to fill in for his lack of agility, length, and athleticism. You never got maximum effort out of Boozer on defense.

The proper term isn't "team defender". It's help defender. And that was actually Carlos' greatest weakness as a defender. He wasn't all that great as a man-to-man defender either. But he was OK against post scorers who didn't possess a big size advantage against them. He was consistently assigned to defend the weakest opposing offensive player between the 4 or 5. There's a reason for that

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, it sure is odd that boozer was such a poor defender…yet EVERY team he played on played above average to elite level defense as a team.
If moving the goal posts = making shit up to help your argument, you are the master at that.

03 Cavs: dogshit defense
04 Cavs: dogshit defense
05 UTA: 26th/30 defense
06 UTA: 22nd
07 UTA: 17th
08 UTA: 12th
09 UTA: 10th
10 UTA: 10th

That's a big time difference maker defensively right there.

I'm more than happy to educate you. Don't feel like you have to keep making up stuff anymore.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So we are in this back and forth, of which you are clearly a participant, and I'm somehow the only loser between us. I'd respect you more if you conceded that you were also a "loser" but you seem like the type to not admit it.

The fact that you are going out of your way to defend a shitty defender is mind boggling. He was only an adequate part of the system because others (like former DPOY Joakim Noah) were helping to fill in for his lack of agility, length, and athleticism. You never got maximum effort out of Boozer on defense.

The proper term isn't "team defender". It's help defender. And that was actually Carlos' greatest weakness as a defender. He wasn't all that great as a man-to-man defender either. But he was OK against post scorers who didn't possess a big size advantage against them. He was consistently assigned to defend the weakest opposing offensive player between the 4 or 5. There's a reason for that
The back and forth was started by you. Again, you responded to something that wasn’t in reply to you. So yeah, you’re the one harping on this topic a bit more than I
If moving the goal posts = making shit up to help your argument, you are the master at that.

03 Cavs: dogshit defense
04 Cavs: dogshit defense
05 UTA: 26th/30 defense
06 UTA: 22nd
07 UTA: 17th
08 UTA: 12th
09 UTA: 10th
10 UTA: 10th

That's a big time difference maker defensively right there.

I'm more than happy to educate you. Don't feel like you have to keep making up stuff anymore.
Yes, you’re moving the goal posts again. Now you’re referencing team ranking in defense. I never did that

Id be more than happy to educate you on reading comprehension if you’d like?!

Also, if those Cavs teams were so bad defensively, then how come Boozers defensive rating was good somehow? Since you claim it’s all team defense in that rating?

AC3FB7C1-1643-44D7-95C8-43AF4612A71A.png

i guess some of those bulls defenses were just barely above total garbage then?! Or wait…could it be that there’s a difference between overall team defense and an individuals defensive rating?! No way that could be…the great Rami has spoken and said that’s not the case!!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Or wait…that’s right! Defensive rating IS for an individual!!!

9698430E-5B0D-4ADA-AB30-DC5FDEF8A1B4.png

So again, yes you’re a loser for arguing with me this long about something that wasn’t directed to you, and that you have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about on the subject

defensive rating is for individual performance. Yes, it is influenced by team defense, but to act like that’s all that matters is dumb as hell, as individual performance absolutely matters in the rating. So to say boozer was a horrible defender would be dumb considering he put up similar defensive rating numbers everywhere he went, with different teammates every year. And his numbers are above to look at. You can’t argue with numbers

Now, I’m done “discussing” this crap with your over opinionated clueless ass self

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It’s also worth noting that before boozer joined the bulls…Noah’s defensive rating was just over 100 points per 100 possessions. Not bad

the first year boozer was in Chicago…Noah’s dropped to 97 and remained under 100 every year boozer was there.

the first year boozer was gone from Chicago, Noah’s defensive rating then jumped back up to over 100 again

but yeah, boozer was so horrible defensively, right?!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Hell Carlos boozer even had 5 more defensive win shares in his career than Noah did. Not saying boozer was a better defender than Noah. It just backs up my point that boozer wasn’t an absolutely horrible defender as is claimed

and they both played 13 seasons in the league, so it’s not a longevity thing either