George tells team no truth to Nagy firing rumors

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Why would you wait so long to do this? Bears ownership are idiots, they could have had the official Chicago Bears twitter just tweet "No truth to rumors - no decision has been made to fire Nagy after THU" and killed these rumors in the cradle.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
**** PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ****

Please notice that Mighty Joe Young/Hal9000/Teddy KGB/Vash/Q/Whatever the Else He Wants to Call Himself is not offering any opinion on this. It's because he's been called out on how stupid he is. He is essentially becoming a more diabetic version of @Aesopian.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why would you wait so long to do this? Bears ownership are idiots, they could have had the official Chicago Bears twitter just tweet "No truth to rumors - no decision has been made to fire Nagy after THU" and killed these rumors in the cradle.

There is something else to this as well though. It's true he did address the team and coaches but he hasn't put out any official statements either.

Seems weird

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My take:
After a day of being roasted as bumbling idiots, George took Nagy's head of the chopping block and issued a denial to save face. He will just wait a week or 2 longer after getting pantsed by Ari and GB

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He said Nagy won't be fired after the game Thursday. The rumor said it was gonna to happen this Monday. He is basically telling the truth, but it does not mean Nagy will not be fired on Monday

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My take:
After a day of being roasted as bumbling idiots, George took Nagy's head of the chopping block and issued a denial to save face. He will just wait a week or 2 longer after getting pantsed by Ari and GB
100% and this is what i thought was gonna happen before he came out. Rather than just firing him outright, the whole organization came off as a clown show and now they'll suffer through Nagy for a little while longer just to make themselves look better for their next coach.

Incredible how awfully ran this team is but hey, new facilities or something!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Who knows, but the simplest explanation is that Mark Konkol, a guy who admitted sports isn’t his wheelhouse and that his story was based on a single phone call, simply got it wrong.

I was skeptical when he kind of hemmed and hawed about it on the radio, saying he was “pretty sure” and that it was “looking like it was going to happen”.

I know some people will be convinced Konkol was right and that ownership had to change their plans when it all went public, but Bears beat guys have already said Konkol’s story was incorrect when it says Nagy was notified of his impending termination.

Anything is possible, but the evidence and the lack of corroboration from Bears beat guys who live in Halas Hall suggests Konkol was misinformed by someone he thought had better information than they actually did. He didn’t vet it and simply rolled with it, by his own admission.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He said Nagy won't be fired after the game Thursday. The rumor said it was gonna to happen this Monday. He is basically telling the truth, but it does not mean Nagy will not be fired on Monday
Well if we're going to play with being literal here, they could technically fire him on Friday.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who knows, but the simplest explanation is that Mark Konkol, a guy who admitted sports isn’t his wheelhouse and that his story was based on a single phone call, simply got it wrong.

I was skeptical when he kind of hemmed and hawed about it on the radio, saying he was “pretty sure” and that it was “looking like it was going to happen”.

I know some people will be convinced Konkol was right and that ownership had to change their plans when it all went public, but Bears beat guys have already said Konkol’s story was incorrect when it says Nagy was notified of his impending termination.

Anything is possible, but the evidence and the lack of corroboration from Bears beat guys who live in Halas Hall suggests Konkol was misinformed by someone he thought had better information than they actually did. He didn’t vet it and simply rolled with it, by his own admission.
I also heard that interview and was not very convinced.

If this guy was not a Pulitzer prize winner oh, I don't think the report would have had any traction whatsoever.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
100% and this is what i thought was gonna happen before he came out. Rather than just firing him outright, the whole organization came off as a clown show and now they'll suffer through Nagy for a little while longer just to make themselves look better for their next coach.

Incredible how awfully ran this team is but hey, new facilities or something!
Nagy might as well mow the lawn too or some shit.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There is something else to this as well though. It's true he did address the team and coaches but he hasn't put out any official statements either.

Seems weird
But in another thread you said the Bears were doing PR to clean this up. Nice job, Sybil

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Didn't Khan do the same with Marrone in 2019 when speculation was he would be fired in mid season- but Khan did a release to the media, and then fired Marrone after the season. George only told the players.

Nagy is on very thin ice.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats