No Chance on Thanksgiving

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With two kinds of turkeys (one brined and Popeye's Cajun flavored), homemade mac & cheese, candied sweet-potatoes with pineapple, green beans, stuffing. There's no chance that I get out of this without gaining at least a pound on the day.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
With two kinds of turkeys (one brined and Popeye's Cajun flavored), homemade mac & cheese, candied sweet-potatoes with pineapple, green beans, stuffing. There's no chance that I get out of this without gaining at least a pound on the day.
I brought sweet potato pie and dank collards. My maga-inlaw said "bless your heart you're going to make us love this black folk food aren't you?" I also brought sage chimichurri and a brown butter fennel gratin, but I guess I'm an Indian this Thanksgiving ?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wife and her side of the family are cooking jerk turkey and other Jamaican style foods
Nice. Irie. I did jerk chicken yesterday as a warmup but it didn't fall off the bone. Marinade was on point, smoke on point, char was gr8. I think imma pressure cooker it before the grill next time.

Advice?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wife and her side of the family are cooking jerk turkey and other Jamaican style foods
Man my problem with jerk chicken (or jerk anything) is my first time having it was at a place in Montego Bay that used to be called "The Pork Pit." It was so delicious. Other jerk-chicken or jerk-pork I've had from other places isn't seasoned the same.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had the pleasure of having jerk crab...on a beach...in Jamaica. Warm and buttery with that delicious jerk taste. Honeymoon was beyond legit.
Marriage is great- Parenthood, now that's still great, but no matter what any parent tells you, they still at times daydream about the time when they were newlyweds or single ?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nice. Irie. I did jerk chicken yesterday as a warmup but it didn't fall off the bone. Marinade was on point, smoke on point, char was gr8. I think imma pressure cooker it before the grill next time.

Advice?
Lol I can’t cook so trust me you don’t want my advice . Best I can do is grill

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marriage is great- Parenthood, now that's still great, but no matter what any parent tells you, they still at times daydream about the time when they were newlyweds or single ?
Our two boys are 9 and 7. It's so freaking hard right now. Patience Patience PATIENCE.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I brought sweet potato pie and dank collards. My maga-inlaw said "bless your heart you're going to make us love this black folk food aren't you?" I also brought sage chimichurri and a brown butter fennel gratin, but I guess I'm an Indian this Thanksgiving ?
"I just want to thank everyone for coming, even @HeHateMe who decided to bring all the terrorist food to what was a traditional Thanksgiving..."

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Only one pound??

That's weak, i'm going for 2 myself...LOL

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Turkey is timed for halftime..By then, I won't want to eat though.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I got my cornbread that's all I need. Turkey and cornbread.

I'll probably skip this game. Maybe watch a quarter but the Bears are boring and shitty. I don't expect a good game

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Turkey is timed for halftime..By then, I won't want to eat though.
Always hard to eat while my team is playing. Even drinking sometimes doesn't work. Nerves make the stomach all weird.

It's so strange how something which I have completely no control over the outcome can control my mood and how my body is actually processing food.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Always hard to eat while my team is playing. Even drinking sometimes doesn't work. Nerves make the stomach all weird.

It's so strange how something which I have completely no control over the outcome can control my mood and how my body is actually processing food.
Yup...It's amazing how aggravating watching your team can be..And I don't even know a single one of them personally.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I got my cornbread that's all I need. Turkey and cornbread.

I'll probably skip this game. Maybe watch a quarter but the Bears are boring and shitty. I don't expect a good game
You got gravy?

Cornbread, turkey and gravy is a gluttons paradise. No gravy and things can get real dry.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
You got gravy?

Cornbread, turkey and gravy is a gluttons paradise. No gravy and things can get real dry.

I got some gravy to dip the cornbread into.

Once or twice a year I get a craving for cornbread, it's just too good