Hub: Decision to start Fields over Dalton came right from George McCaskey.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
No, I'm not. Just look at what is going on. Think about how dysfunctional everything has to be behind the scenes irrespective of which report is true or partially true.
I know the mccaskeys are Jack offs but nothing about the report made sense.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dumb. Dalton was injured.

Just asking - do you seriously think Nagy isn't capable of that?

There were a number of NFL talking heads saying Nagy committed coaching malpractice after that start for Fields....

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Just asking - do you seriously think Nagy isn't capable of that?

There were a number of NFL talking heads saying Nagy committed coaching malpractice after that start for Fields....
I think Nagy is very well aware that he’s been in the hot seat since the start of the season, I don’t think he’s sabotage himself that early in the season, he’s tool maniacal for that.

And many think that Nagy wanted to start Dalton instead of Fields because it was safer for his job, and that’s exactly what happened. Until of course Dalton got injured.

at that point playing Fileds was both the best option and perhaps only option for Nagy, so why the fuck would he chose to sabotage him? It’s not even a logical idea.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think Nagy is very well aware that he’s been in the hot seat since the start of the season, I don’t think he’s sabotage himself that early in the season, he’s tool maniacal for that.

And many think that Nagy wanted to start Dalton instead of Fields because it was safer for his job, and that’s exactly what happened. Until of course Dalton got injured.

at that point playing Fileds was both the best option and perhaps only option for Nagy, so why the fuck would he chose to sabotage him? It’s not even a logical idea.

Consider this for a minute. If George McCaskey had to tell Nagy to play Fields, it likely wasn't out of the blue. Remember, these are the "collaboration team" here from last year's press conference.

So what likely happened is that George was hinting to Nagy all this time to play fields, and nagy being stubborn, refused. George deferred to his coach, but when it became apparent that Dalton wasn't it, George put his foot down, since Nagy wouldn't take the hint, and salty nagy hung out Fields to dry, in an effort to convince Geroge to let Nagy start Dalton over Fields when Dalton got healthy.

The irony is, had Nagy just taken the hint instead of being an insecure coach, he likely could have sold Fields growth, and wouldn't be fired by the end of the year.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
No, I'm not. Just look at what is going on. Think about how dysfunctional everything has to be behind the scenes irrespective of which report is true or partially true.
No one is in charge of this team. It’s all scapegoating and cya bullshit top to bottom and fuck the fans, fuck winning, just protect my income at all cost….

Romo27

Liked Posts:
Consider this for a minute. If George McCaskey had to tell Nagy to play Fields, it likely wasn't out of the blue. Remember, these are the "collaboration team" here from last year's press conference.

So what likely happened is that George was hinting to Nagy all this time to play fields, and nagy being stubborn, refused. George deferred to his coach, but when it became apparent that Dalton wasn't it, George put his foot down, since Nagy wouldn't take the hint, and salty nagy hung out Fields to dry, in an effort to convince Geroge to let Nagy start Dalton over Fields when Dalton got healthy.

The irony is, had Nagy just taken the hint instead of being an insecure coach, he likely could have sold Fields growth, and wouldn't be fired by the end of the year.
I agree with this. For whatever reason, Nagy is sold on Andy Dalton being the answer to this horrible offense. Nagy's ego is well-documented, and he's the head coach, remember? George, on the other hand, saw and heard fans and national media pundits saying that it was stupid to not play Fields. We know that George pays attention to the image and optics of what's happening with the team, and he was probably getting an ear full from people he trusts that Nagy was making a mistake. He probably did as you say, and was trying to subtly suggest that Fields should start. The problem is that Nagy's ego made him oblivious to subtlety, so George had to just say it. It's been documented that Nagy considers himself a genius, and George should just understand that he knows what's best. He would start Fields, but he wouldn't change the scheme to actually try to make Fields successful, or to even protect him from being killed by pass rushes that went right over the speed bump offensive line. I think that in the back of his mind, Nagy has been hoping that Fields would get hurt so that he could finally play Dalton, and show everyone how brilliant he really is. He probably truly believes that they will win out only if Dalton is the starting QB going forward.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Doesn't take away the fact that Nagy called his nonsense that got Fields killed that day.
And that is exactly my point. He called stuff to intentionally get his quarterback killed to prove a point to the owner. He should have been fired then.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Their collaboration is to destroy the beat reporters

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I know the mccaskeys are Jack offs but nothing about the report made sense.

How so? Nagy said Fields wasn't starting when Dalton got better and then a day later, reversed it.

I am not saying it's true but the bullshit and the equivocations and the crazy leaks have got to be red flags for any candidate - whether legit quality coaching candidates and frankly, even concerning to the discounts at this point.

Last edited: