Grant is fast as hell!

Eferrari34

Liked Posts:
He makes me very nervous fielding punts for numerous reasons, but when he ran that reverse you could see that speed. They went away from him entirely after Q1. I’d like to see some additional plays with him. I know Nagy wants a Tyreek Hill clone, but that doesn’t exist. I’m not suggesting Grant is that guy; but it was shocking when I saw something new & we might as well give him some chances. The defenses will be confused as hell seeing a play that is different from our 15 normal calls that we repeat

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yeah it was weird they used him on offense, he actually made a few plays and then they never played him again.

Lol, offensive genius

if a player has any type of success on a play they must immediately have a water break, after celebrating of course. This is because genius Nagy, as you correctly stated, wants to keep the defense on its toes.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I would just like to see a staple play that every team in the nfl runs multiple times a week.

screens
Slants
Qb run up the middle somewhere in the ten had line.

Why is it that red rider had all day to throw but fields gets hit or pocket collapses in seconds.

how can they not learn to protect the one linebacker blitz in between the left tackle and the left guard?

our defensive backs are garbage! Why the fuck would you grab the dudes jersey, he has you beat oh well. Hope the safety makes a play or it’s a poor throw.

to be a good cornerback you’ve got to keep yourself in position to keep an eye on both the qb and the receiver. Either you can do this bc you high field of peripheral vision, you’re smart or combination of both.

bc zone defenses couldn’t be easier to play as a defender but I would hate playing it bc a qb with any clue and time will eat you alive.

I love buddy Ryan, he said there were two safeties good enough to play the division in all his years teaching. He also said it’s a waste to have two of them. I agree, the most overrated position in defense. They’re practically useless.

Paying Eddie Jackson for all those turnovers that were created by pressure on the qb was stupid. It’s a position where you spend $2-3million per year!

I love the bears and always will but it’s been tough for years now.

Eferrari34

Liked Posts:
I would just like to see a staple play that every team in the nfl runs multiple times a week.

screens
Slants
Qb run up the middle somewhere in the ten had line.

Why is it that red rider had all day to throw but fields gets hit or pocket collapses in seconds.

how can they not learn to protect the one linebacker blitz in between the left tackle and the left guard?

our defensive backs are garbage! Why the fuck would you grab the dudes jersey, he has you beat oh well. Hope the safety makes a play or it’s a poor throw.

to be a good cornerback you’ve got to keep yourself in position to keep an eye on both the qb and the receiver. Either you can do this bc you high field of peripheral vision, you’re smart or combination of both.

bc zone defenses couldn’t be easier to play as a defender but I would hate playing it bc a qb with any clue and time will eat you alive.

I love buddy Ryan, he said there were two safeties good enough to play the division in all his years teaching. He also said it’s a waste to have two of them. I agree, the most overrated position in defense. They’re practically useless.

Paying Eddie Jackson for all those turnovers that were created by pressure on the qb was stupid. It’s a position where you spend $2-3million per year!

I love the bears and always will but it’s been tough for years now.

I agree with everything you said. I think some of the early Dalton incompletions were b/c he gets the ball out FAST. He also looked good b/c he has the experience to Audible; did you see how many times Andy Audibles out of Nagy’s play. Almost every time.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
We have plenty of speed on this offense that we criminally under utilize. If you think about it, it is actually impressive how Magys scheme us so badddd none of them get separation

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
We have plenty of speed on this offense that we criminally under utilize. If you think about it, it is actually impressive how Magys scheme us so badddd none of them get separation
Honestly I have no idea how we don't have a wide open guy within 3 seconds every play from speed alone. I miss the Martz days where we'd send four guys on a go route and Cutler just picked one.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here’s how dumb the Bears are right now on offense…

The Dolphins ran jet sweep action on a number of run plays against the Ravens in the first half of their Thursday night game. Most of the action was a decoy. In the second half, they ran a wheel off the jet motion and Albert Wilson was wide open for about a 60 yard gain. It was a complete coverage bust.

When the Bears used Grant early in the game off the same jet look, I thought for sure they studied the tape and would attempt a wheel route with the jet motion receiver but never tried it one time. That is just unbelievable! Make the Ravens prove they made the correction.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the Fields/Dalton talk...yes...a smart10 year NFL vet is gonna read the defense and get the ball out faster than any rookie save a few savants.

Spectrum continuum guys like Manning and Brady maybe. Big Ben and Newton had the ability to buy the time by shrugging d-lineman. But Fields has speed and good size.

I think Fields will be great, and worst case scenario watching him is he will need a great coach to be great, but at bare minimum he could win with McVay when Stafford quits as a human joystick.

I sense he's more than that, but either way Bears should be good at QB for 15 years unless they screw this up.

Invest everything in protecting him and developing him while the defense rebuilds.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Grant definitely showed that speed and moves today. If we can get a competent offense, he could do some damage…
he is really fast bringing the ball out of the end zone and coming up short of the 25...lol

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've never seen anyone go from 9 yards deep in the end zone to facedown at the 14 yard line as fast as Jakeem Grant. Very impressive.