1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Is Desai still a thing?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Um the pass rush pressured Huntley on those plays. The problem Vildor made it easy for the pass to be completed. Quinn clearly flushes Huntley and likely would have sacked him if not for the fact Vildor left Watkins unguarded.

So again you guys just say dumb shit without bothering to watch the game. You are crying about pressure then when the D provides it blaming the DL for Vildor gaving up the easy play.
D did not provide late in 4th and never do. You sight 1 instance you perceived through your fanboy eyes. You are just being silly at this point. Watch the drive back. They did nothing to really pressure the newbie QB.

This is where your circular reasoning come in to play. I show, beyond any doubt, Bears get less QB pressure than 90% + other teams do and you keep going back to meaningless shit and even singular plays. Hilarious!!!

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would trade every single one of those 32 sacks for 5 wins!

Sucks to see them lose but at least it put Nagy out the door faster.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
@pablovi How can you lie and say they Desai was pressuring? The 3 big pass plays.

1. Vildor commits PI despite having deep help.

2. Vildor is playing Cover 3 and has the deep sidelines and bites on inside route.

3. Vildor has S help but forgets to actually guard Watkins.

You are making shit up claiming they played presure. Cover 3 literally means 3 deep zones. Vildor had S help on the other 2 plays and fucked it up. It is clear you dont know what you are talking about here.
He had ONE deep safety, the same as the previous week deep pass play. Even the announcers said it, I think it was Romo, but don’t remember and don’t have access to the videos.

The Buccaneers had 211 passing yards, and 182 rushing yards.
The Packers had 195 passing yards and 154 rushing yards.
The Browns had 246 passing yards and 215 rushing yards.
The Steelers had 205 passing yards and 105 rushing yards.
The Ravens had 219 passing yards and 123 rushing yards.
Only two teams had more than 300 yards passing.
The 49’s had 322 passing yards and 145 rushing yards.
Only one team, on the very first game of the season, which everyone was healthy and he wasn’t using the same scheme, had more than 300 yards and less than a 100 yards rushing.
The Rams had 321 passing yards and 79 rushing yards.

So, how have team beat us? By running, It’s pretty clear.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Sucks to see them lose but at least it put Nagy out the door faster.
So, no talent doesn’t apply to Nagy? Or how is it?
Where you say the talent in this team is at, offense or defense? Which one has more talent?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So, no talent doesn’t apply to Nagy? Or how is it?
Where you say the talent in this team is at, offense or defense? Which one has more talent?

Nagy has had talent sure not elite but still enough to get a sample size of what he's about and putting up the worst stats in a decade for the Bears makes it hard to defend him. I would say on paper the defense but it's mostly aging vets.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Get to the QB, hurry him, make him throw before it's there....yeah, I laid it out for you. Bears do NOT cause consistent pressure which affords opposing QBs better opportunities.

No secret. Very straight forward. QBs struggle against teams who give them more consistent pressure.

Yeah did that on last drive and the pass was completed because Vildor did not guard Watkins.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Nagy has had talent sure not elite but still enough to get a sample size of what he's about and putting up the worst stats in a decade for the Bears makes it hard to defend him. I would say on paper the defense but it's mostly aging vets.
For seasons we’ve been saying the talent and money is on the defense. The offense has been deleted of talent for years, and we only have some talented RB’s, you can say Arob has talent, but that’s it.
I’m all for firing Nagy, it shoud, Ben done, because he’s a bad coach, disregarding talent. But Desai is doing a Sabas a job ad Nagy, with mor e talent on defense. And you people defend him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He had ONE deep safety, the same as the previous week deep pass play. Even the announcers said it, I think it was Romo, but don’t remember and don’t have access to the videos.

The Buccaneers had 211 passing yards, and 182 rushing yards.
The Packers had 195 passing yards and 154 rushing yards.
The Browns had 246 passing yards and 215 rushing yards.
The Steelers had 205 passing yards and 105 rushing yards.
The Ravens had 219 passing yards and 123 rushing yards.
Only two teams had more than 300 yards passing.
The 49’s had 322 passing yards and 145 rushing yards.
Only one team, on the very first game of the season, which everyone was healthy and he wasn’t using the same scheme, had more than 300 yards and less than a 100 yards rushing.
The Rams had 321 passing yards and 79 rushing yards.

So, how have team beat us? By running, It’s pretty clear.

There is no D where 2 deep safeties cover the same side of the field so saying he has 1 deep safety is stupid. The point is on that Ravens drive Vildor fucked up even when the D safety was right there to help him. Are you expecting to have 2 deep safetied covering the same guy as Vildor. Do you know how stupid that sounds?

You also seem confused. No one said the run game is good. I said they pass game has been a problem becaude they give up big plays. The Ravens and Steelers beat us on the lost drive because the D ie Vildor gave up big plays even when he had S help.

As for the run game, you never asnseered my question, how do you distinguish between scheme issues and players not executing?

Is it your argument that talent does not matter in football? It is all just coaching. Like if a guy can't shed a block, that is the coached fault?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For seasons we’ve been saying the talent and money is on the defense. The offense has been deleted of talent for years, and we only have some talented RB’s, you can say Arob has talent, but that’s it.
I’m all for firing Nagy, it shoud, Ben done, because he’s a bad coach, disregarding talent. But Desai is doing a Sabas a job ad Nagy, with mor e talent on defense. And you people defend him.

Nope. Talent is overrated on D. Mack is injured and only Quan, Johnson and Quinn would start on most teams.

Nagy has been head coach for a while and it is obvious he has input on who they draft. Any deficiency in O talent is because of him. Desai has only been DC this year and so he has had little say in the D talent acquired over the years and the inability to replenish that talent as the D has aged.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

A coach in year one is going to be defended more than a seasoned coach just the way it is. Desai has a lot to improve but so does personnel as the DB issues is on his scheme and the players involved.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
There is no D where 2 deep safeties cover the same side of the field so saying he has 1 deep safety is stupid. The point is on that Ravens drive Vildor fucked up even when the D safety was right there to help him. Are you expecting to have 2 deep safetied covering the same guy as Vildor. Do you know how stupid that sounds?

You also seem confused. No one said the run game is good. I said they pass game has been a problem becaude they give up big plays. The Ravens and Steelers beat us on the lost drive because the D ie Vildor gave up big plays even when he had S help.

As for the run game, you never asnseered my question, how do you distinguish between scheme issues and players not executing?

Is it your argument that talent does not matter in football? It is all just coaching. Like if a guy can't shed a block, that is the coached fault?
I’ve been saying the D is overrated since Fangio left, heck, I even say that fuller and Jackson were overrated while a Fangio was here, because his scheme and the pressure it created make them look a lot better than they were. It was all proven when Pagano came here, and now even more when a fuller was benched by Fangio.

Mack and Hicks have been injured a couple of games, not the entire season. And you make it sound like everyone in defense is awful, when only one player is.

Of course talent matters in the NFL, to win something, and have a winning season. Not to be average, a good coach, can make average NFL players or even below average players be an average unit or even better. Like Fangio did.

My whole point is that if you cannot make your unit be at least average, with the talent you’re given, then you’re not doing your job correctly. Maybe Deasi can be a decent DC with great players, but it’s clear he can’t with the players we have, he’s bottom 5. So, what’s the point in keep paying him? It’s clear we won’t be able to change the entire D in years, so why keep him? Even Pagano did better than him!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope. Talent is overrated on D. Mack is injured and only Quan, Johnson and Quinn would start on most teams.

Nagy has been head coach for a while and it is obvious he has input on who they draft. Any deficiency in O talent is because of him. Desai has only been DC this year and so he has had little say in the D talent acquired over the years and the inability to replenish that talent as the D has aged.
Regardless of your flawed, biased opinion of this or that. The big picture says the Bears pass rush is near league worst in pressuring the QB. Looking at little bits and pieces does nothing to discredit the big picture.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Ok you are jumping ahead. Your gripe was no safety help. Do you acknowledge that on 2 of the 3 big plays on the final drive Vildor had S help but still fucked it up? He had it on the PI and he had it on the big Watkins play. So is it Desai's fault he failed to cover Watkins and carry him to the S?

Once we agree he had safety help on the majority of those plays then the question becomes is giving him S help on every single play making it too easy for the O? If an O knows your CB is so bad that you are going to play with S help every single play then do you think they can't adjust?

3rd, is it your argument that you cant expect an NFL corner to play Cover 3. You reference Cover 4 but Cover 3 and Cover 4 both require the CBs to cover a deep zone. So even if you play Cover 4 that means Vildor does not have S help in his zone. It just means his zone is a deep quarter not a deep 3rd as in Cover 3.

Cover 3 is a standard concept and actually one meant to protect the CB because the CB has a straghtforward read and his only job really is to stay in his deep 3rd and stay over the top of the WR. It doesnt get much easier than that. Vildor was 10 yards off his man and all he had to do was protect the sideline. He went chasing a dude in someome else's zone instead.

Essentially you are saying the Bears can never blitz and never play anything other than Single high or Cover 2 in crunch time if you expect Vildor to always have S help. That makes the O's job easy especially when Vildor will still fuck it up. So you want to make the D predictable and never blitz when Mack is out just son the QB can easily read the D and still be content knowing Vildor will still fuck up somehow.

Lots of bullshit in there about what I said and did not say. Vildor had minimal to no help in the gamewinning drive by your own images of Cover 3.

Cover 3 gives safety help on inside breaking routes not deep verticals. This is objective fact. Desai should not have had them in Cover 3.

No, I am NOT saying the Bears can never blitz and I literally said the OPPOSITE when I said Desai cannot run flooded zones or else we will be gashed all day forever (you aren't even reading my posts, you fraud).

I miss First Timer and rory. They would also never let you get away with your bullshit analysis as you strive to exonerate Desai because you went hard all in on him and now feel the need to double down by spinning the fact Vildor sucks (truth) as "Desai is not at fault" and act like my counterpoint doesn't exist.

Desai is getting outcoached in key drives where it matters the most.

Cover 3 is NOT safety help for the corners deep and Vildor got beat deep in cover 3 per your own image.

Can you acknowledge that? No, because you have a narrative and you are caping for Desai hard. Which you don't even have to.

Vildor sucks.

Pace sucks for letting Fuller go and not having a legit CB to replace him.

Desai sucks but at least he is learning on the job as best he can I suspect and he is doing better than Pagano's last year for sure.

Nagy sucks for many many reasons including letting this soft ass D stay soft ass and out of position frequently under the DC and D position coaches.

But most of all, Eddie Jackson ...... (nah I'm fucking around on that last one). Hahaha

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
How about we get Desai some cornerbacks. This group is so subpar we should be getting absolutely torched every week and yet we don't.

That makes me want to look for other issues before we give up on Desai.

Granted it could be a long time before we assemble another front 7 like this, but the sacks haven't really come from where you would expect and where you have paid for either. It's been a group effort.

Sure, CB2 is horrible but Desai doesn't coach around them by using alternative schemes and concepts. That BAL game was his low water mark (hopefully)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’ve been saying the D is overrated since Fangio left, heck, I even say that fuller and Jackson were overrated while a Fangio was here, because his scheme and the pressure it created make them look a lot better than they were. It was all proven when Pagano came here, and now even more when a fuller was benched by Fangio.

Mack and Hicks have been injured a couple of games, not the entire season. And you make it sound like everyone in defense is awful, when only one player is.

Of course talent matters in the NFL, to win something, and have a winning season. Not to be average, a good coach, can make average NFL players or even below average players be an average unit or even better. Like Fangio did.

My whole point is that if you cannot make your unit be at least average, with the talent you’re given, then you’re not doing your job correctly. Maybe Deasi can be a decent DC with great players, but it’s clear he can’t with the players we have, he’s bottom 5. So, what’s the point in keep paying him? It’s clear we won’t be able to change the entire D in years, so why keep him? Even Pagano did better than him!

There is a huge difference in having Fuller and an 87 passer rating against and Vildor and a 137 passer rating against. Again Vildor wad the worst starting CB in the NFL and was 280 out of 286 defenders across all positions.

I said nothing about Hicks being out. Mack was hobbled for several games before being ruled out for year. He only played 7 games which means he will miss the majority of the season something that never happened under Fangio or Pagano.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Regardless of your flawed, biased opinion of this or that. The big picture says the Bears pass rush is near league worst in pressuring the QB. Looking at little bits and pieces does nothing to discredit the big picture.

The big picture also says they are near the bottom of the league in blitzing because they cant afford to blitz with a black hole at 2nd CB. The more you blitz the more pressure you create.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lots of bullshit in there about what I said and did not say. Vildor had minimal to no help in the gamewinning drive by your own images of Cover 3.

Cover 3 gives safety help on inside breaking routes not deep verticals. This is objective fact. Desai should not have had them in Cover 3.

No, I am NOT saying the Bears can never blitz and I literally said the OPPOSITE when I said Desai cannot run flooded zones or else we will be gashed all day forever (you aren't even reading my posts, you fraud).

I miss First Timer and rory. They would also never let you get away with your bullshit analysis as you strive to exonerate Desai because you went hard all in on him and now feel the need to double down by spinning the fact Vildor sucks (truth) as "Desai is not at fault" and act like my counterpoint doesn't exist.

Desai is getting outcoached in key drives where it matters the most.

Cover 3 is NOT safety help for the corners deep and Vildor got beat deep in cover 3 per your own image.

Can you acknowledge that? No, because you have a narrative and you are caping for Desai hard. Which you don't even have to.

Vildor sucks.

Pace sucks for letting Fuller go and not having a legit CB to replace him.

Desai sucks but at least he is learning on the job as best he can I suspect and he is doing better than Pagano's last year for sure.

Nagy sucks for many many reasons including letting this soft ass D stay soft ass and out of position frequently under the DC and D position coaches.

But most of all, Eddie Jackson ...... (nah I'm fucking around on that last one). Hahaha

Um no, they played Cover 3 on one of the 3 plays. The other 2 plays he had safety help but committed PI when the S was there to intercept and then failed to guard Watkins and carry him to the deep S on the other play. Neither of those were Cover 3. They were single hi where the S was in position to help Vildor if Vildor had done his job.

You also are not understanding. I never said he had safety help on Cover 3. I am saying it is illogical to expect Vildor to have safety help when he is not an underneath guy but responsible for one of the 3 deep zones. When people say S help they really mean deep help. The point is Cover 3 and 4 means the CBs are part of the deep help rather than the guys underneath that need deep help.

In essence Vildor is the deep help on that play. He is suppose to help the underneath guys if someone gets deep against them on the sidelines. So he failed in providing the deep help. That is the point. You are effecfively saying Bears can never play Cover 3 or 4 because Cover 3 and 4 has the CBs covering a deep zone ie they are the deep help not being helped by the deep help. So if you always want Vildor to have deep help it means he would always have to play man or an underneath zone which generally means no Cover or Cover 4.

On each of those 3 plays 10/11 essentially did their job and the scheme had people in position to make a play. Then Vildor decided to committ PI, abandon his deep coverage zone and then fail to guard his man underneath and carry him to the deep S. 3 plays and 3 fucks ups of different varieties.

Last edited: