CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
CCS Bulls Forum:

Bulls win a game against a top level team… “it’s just one game, don’t read too much into it.”

Bulls lose a game to a top level team… “that team just proved it’s clearly better than the bulls.”

can’t have it both ways. Either these games are indicative or they aren’t. Can’t cherry pick which times it matters and which times it doesn’t

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CCS Bulls Forum:

Bulls win a game against a top level team… “it’s just one game, don’t read too much into it.”

Bulls lose a game to a top level team… “that team just proved it’s clearly better than the bulls.”

can’t have it both ways. Either these games are indicative or they aren’t. Can’t cherry pick which times it matters and which times it doesn’t
I already believed the Heat are better than the Bulls, and this game just gave me extra assurance of it. Without Herro, they went to Chicago. And Butler was clearly the best player on the floor. Adebayo is way better than Vucevic. This same team, essentially, came 2 games away from winning a championship. Even if the Bulls get there someday with anything close to this roster, right now, they aren't there yet.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I already believed the Heat are better than the Bulls, and this game just gave me extra assurance of it. Without Herro, they went to Chicago. And Butler was clearly the best player on the floor. Adebayo is way better than Vucevic. This same team, essentially, came 2 games away from winning a championship. Even if the Bulls get there someday with anything close to this roster, right now, they aren't there yet.
Well, if you believe it…it must be so

and as per usual you ignore the main crux of what I’m talking about

oh, and jimmy was 6/15 shooting and didn’t have big numbers anywhere else, but he was somehow clearly the best player on the court that 1 game?? Mmmmk

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
CCS Bulls Forum:

Regular season games can be a taste of what's to come in the playoffs. I think close regular season games don't say a whole lot because a couple bounces another way and things change. If you blow out / beat down your opponent regularly then it may be more of an indicator. That's one thing I think many fans (myself included) forgot in 2010-11 when they beat the Heat three times in the regular season. All those games were close games that came down to the wire though. Sure, the Bulls got the blowout win in Game 1, but they got smacked the next 4 games.

Saturday, the Bulls lost to a good Miami team missing their 6th man in a close game. The Bulls was behind Miami most of the game until that surge in the 3rd which extended briefly into the 4th. They did make a push at the end and a couple of bounces their way, and they win that game.

However, the Bulls now sit at 13-8, 5th in the East, which is approximately where I predicted them to be (4th-5th). Granted they're not far back from first at all, but we do see Milwaukee surging, and I expect Philly to pick it up once Embiid is back to speed. I don't trust Washington to maintain what they have, but we'll see.

The Bulls offense has suffered lately falling to 13th in O-Rating. It's painfully obviously they need some interior help and the shooting percentages of Vuc the past two seasons returning to form would be nice. I did read they're on pace for 51 wins this year, which would be a nice accomplishment for this team in their first year together.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That bubble run by Miami is one of the stranger run to the Finals I've seen by a team. Really the only thing that beats it is the 1999 Knicks 8th seeded run, also under unusual circumstances, though more normal than the bubble.

That said, I think this Miami team is actually better than that one, but I still would pick the Nets and Bucks to beat them in the playoffs though.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, if you believe it…it must be so

and as per usual you ignore the main crux of what I’m talking about

oh, and jimmy was 6/15 shooting and didn’t have big numbers anywhere else, but he was somehow clearly the best player on the court that 1 game?? Mmmmk
He is a legit two way all star. No one on the Bulls can be described as that. Forced the Bulls into a lot of turnovers. 6/15 is one made shot away from 7/15 which would be sufficient. Just missed the 4 threes he took. Also made 6 free throws. 1 turnover. He's arguably having the third best season of any player in the East other than KD and Giannis. Where it stands right now, we lost that trade.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He is a legit two way all star. No one on the Bulls can be described as that. Forced the Bulls into a lot of turnovers. 6/15 is one made shot away from 7/15 which would be sufficient. Just missed the 4 threes he took. Also made 6 free throws. 1 turnover. He's arguably having the third best season of any player in the East other than KD and Giannis. Where it stands right now, we lost that trade.
Great season? Yes

but that’s not what you claimed

you claimed he was clearly the best player on the court THAT game. And that’s simply not true. No matter how many what if’s you throw out there. You must own a goalpost hauling company, cuz you sure do move em a lot

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Regular season games can be a taste of what's to come in the playoffs. I think close regular season games don't say a whole lot because a couple bounces another way and things change. If you blow out / beat down your opponent regularly then it may be more of an indicator. That's one thing I think many fans (myself included) forgot in 2010-11 when they beat the Heat three times in the regular season. All those games were close games that came down to the wire though. Sure, the Bulls got the blowout win in Game 1, but they got smacked the next 4 games.

Saturday, the Bulls lost to a good Miami team missing their 6th man in a close game. The Bulls was behind Miami most of the game until that surge in the 3rd which extended briefly into the 4th. They did make a push at the end and a couple of bounces their way, and they win that game.

However, the Bulls now sit at 13-8, 5th in the East, which is approximately where I predicted them to be (4th-5th). Granted they're not far back from first at all, but we do see Milwaukee surging, and I expect Philly to pick it up once Embiid is back to speed. I don't trust Washington to maintain what they have, but we'll see.

The Bulls offense has suffered lately falling to 13th in O-Rating. It's painfully obviously they need some interior help and the shooting percentages of Vuc the past two seasons returning to form would be nice. I did read they're on pace for 51 wins this year, which would be a nice accomplishment for this team in their first year together.
I don’t disagree with any of this

but some others are freaking out acting like the bulls are clearly an inferior team over one pretty close loss

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
In my opinion, Miami proved that they were better the other day. The Bulls have basically become the Toronto Raptors of 5 years ago. Right down to DeRozan being on both teams, the European center, and prototypical point guard with good shooting and defense. Fringe contenders
Bump since rami trying too hard

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which part of this have I been proven wrong about exactly?

Rapts made the conference finals. I'm pretty sure that is about fringe contention level