Report: Pace likely out

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Oh Dear merciless football gods. We the downtrodden Bears fans come to you with a humble request. Please we beg of thee in thy capricious ways to grant us this one request. Let the Bears do the right thing. Amen and Fuck the Packers.
Can you say a prayer that Teddy “retires”?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
At this point, none of this matters. There's a lot of smoke now not just around Nagy, but Pace as well. And with the rumor churn dying down, I'd wager that both camps have been told to knock it the fuck off, and that

"whatever our decision will be at the end of the year, our mind is already made up, so if any more leaks from either camp happen, it will only reflect poorly".

Which is why the spin for the most part has stopped. The last thing George McCaskey wanted to do was to have to come down and address the coaches and the team.

Pace and Nagy both likely are gone after their childish leak war in the media...
Please shut the fuck up. You're an idiot

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I think the odds of Pace not being in the GM position after this season is really high, maybe 90%+. The odds of him not still being somewhere in the Bears organization are significantly lower, maybe 40%. I don't know how he has managed such a good sales pitch to the front office, but they seem to really be on the Pace fan bandwagon for keeping around to do something even if its not GM. Honestly, if it weren't for some of his mid round draft picks, he would really not be a great candidate for any other roles in the NFL if the Bears let him go.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think the odds of Pace not being in the GM position after this season is really high, maybe 90%+. The odds of him not still being somewhere in the Bears organization are significantly lower, maybe 40%. I don't know how he has managed such a good sales pitch to the front office, but they seem to really be on the Pace fan bandwagon for keeping around to do something even if its not GM. Honestly, if it weren't for some of his mid round draft picks, he would really not be a great candidate for any other roles in the NFL if the Bears let him go.

I forget who it was, but I remember one of the beat guys saying that while his source wouldn't confirm or deny who is staying or going, told him to "buckle up - its going to be a wild ride" right before all the shit hit the fan a week or so ago prior to the lions.

That in part is why I think the McCaskeys are going to do something unprecedented for them. Its also why I think they will turn over the keys to the kingdom to Josh McDaniels.

He's not the guy I want - but supposedly the McCaskeys really liked him during his coaching interview in 2017, and the sticking point is how much power the Head Coach gets in terms of final say. This was also the same reason McDaniels backed out of the Colts deal at the last minute - he was promised that level of power, but once his lawyers read through the contract, Josh found out Ballard renegged on a bunch of stuff and didn't tell him - at that point the trust was shattered and McDaniels said "fuck it, I'm out" (that story per Hub Arkush).

Not to mention the McCaskeys want to max out the purchasing price for the Bears, and I think in their world, McDaniels checks all those boxes.

Keep in mind - I said in THEIR world, not mine. The McCaskeys have their own little world they operate in, and this would be something I could see them doing.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Word.

You can cuss all you want inside the thread, but keep the titles clean please & thank you.

(Inside of the thread is also where you can welcome the "triggered bitches")

Already did one edit to the title. let me know if its not far enough and I will tweak it further.

Edit - nevermind, you got it

msadows

Liked Posts:

Because he's personable and still has a lot of connections in the NFL.

He might be a bad GM but there is a very real chance we never get Fields if it weren't for pace.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
That in part is why I think the McCaskeys are going to do something unprecedented for them. Its also why I think they will turn over the keys to the kingdom to Josh McDaniels.
They pretty much already did that with Wannstedt.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this the same guy or information organization that told us Nagy was gone after the Thanksgiving game? Cause that didn't age well.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Please shut the fuck up. You're an idiot
This guy will take the title back after the season - when no games are being played - with draft and new hire hype.

...then during the season: eVeRYoNe knEW ThIs tEAm waS gOInG tO bE BaD.

Hur Dur

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Because he's personable and still has a lot of connections in the NFL.

He might be a bad GM but there is a very real chance we never get Fields if it weren't for pace.
I don't really know that the Fields pick isn't the same move a lot of people would do if in the GM role. Once Fields started slid a little bit, it's not like Pace made some extraordinary deal that screwed some other team out of picks. He traded up for pretty much the expected value and picked Fields, I would say about 70% of other potential GMs would have made a similar move if in Pace's position.