Day Interested in Bears?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why would he come and work for a GM who is on his 9th life and is a mediocre start to the season away from people chanting for him to be fired?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why would he come and work for a GM who is on his 9th life and is a mediocre start to the season away from people chanting for him to be fired?

Why would he want to take the position that his good buddy just got ridiculed, harassed, and run out of town doing?

This "article" is basically a guy just pointing out how crazy the CFB news have been lately that Ryan Day to the bears wouldn't be surprising. No news, just a guy shooting shit.

I'm not sure why Day would want to touch this shitshow when nagy could tell him everything wrong with it.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Well, we have tried an established former HC, the CFL, OC from a another successful team, so why not try a College Head Coach?

I want Roman, but I would not shed a tear if we convinced Day to leave and coach the Bears

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Questioning whether he would make the move is valid.

But any fan calling for the next coach to be fired after a mediocre start is a complete imbecile and it is senseless to think a coaching candidate is worried about that.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I know I link speculative threads a lot in order to generate conversation on the board on days where the news is stale and people are instead just playing grab ass, but even I don't post threads from Sports Mockery any more - their track record is awful.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
His relationship/experience with Fields would be a huge asset.

He proved this year he's a good coach even without Fields. Coming from college though I bet he'd want more control than just a regular coach like Urban Meyer

He and Harbaugh should be 1a and 1b this offseason for the Bears

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He has NFL experience and obviously can handle an entire team. Seems a viable candidate who obviously coaches to his players strengths.

msadows

Liked Posts:
His relationship/experience with Fields would be a huge asset.

He proved this year he's a good coach even without Fields. Coming from college though I bet he'd want more control than just a regular coach like Urban Meyer

He and Harbaugh should be 1a and 1b this offseason for the Bears

I like day but he also has first and 2nd round picks all over that offense. That offensive line has like 3 first round picks I think? That offense should shit on the big 10.

If Stroud didn't look good he wouldnt be out there very long.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I get it, but if Day is the right fit for Fields and they win and/or he looks great… people will move on.

I don’t think that Pace being here or not is going to drive the Day interest. Might happen with a new GM.

Last edited:

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I know I link speculative threads a lot in order to generate conversation on the board on days where the news is stale and people are instead just playing grab ass, but even I don't post threads from Sports Mockery any more - their track record is awful.
Only posted it because it is coming from The Athletic.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I like day but he also has first and 2nd round picks all over that offense. That offensive line has like 3 first round picks I think? That offense should shit on the big 10.

That is fair, but he did make it to the playoffs twice and beat Clemson who had equal talent. Alabama that year with Fields being injured was just too much of a gap.

Ohio St going to have two 1st round WRs this year like Bama had last year. Lots of talent but what Fields did with Day was night and day from how he used Haskins. Using Stroud differently too. That to me speaks volumes.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Hypothetically speaking, though I don’t know much about Ryan Day, this could be interesting.

I don’t know how many times its occurred where a college coach ends up coaching his QB in the NFL, but lets look at the benefits. First of all, you’re allowing the QB to continue playing a system or even style that made him a top pick in the NFL to begin with. That comes with comfort. Sure the NFL is a different speed and all but you still have to have a foundation to succeed.

Secondly and to me, the most important factor in this whole thing is our history of QB’s. I truly believe the Bears are sick and tired of the QB carousel that’s happened here for eternity and yet they’ve never found a way to fix it. Draft hasn’t helped them, and neither have the numerous coaches and zillion OC’s.

I say go for it. Give Day a shot but if you want him, you gotta go big to get him because the guy is set at Ohio. This could be a way for the Bears to hopefully and finally fix this QB issue that has made them waste millions on other things that haven’t worked.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I honestly believe that pro HC is a less demanding gig than a top college HC. All that recruiting and turnover has to be a burden. Top level pressure seems similar as well.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I honestly believe that pro HC is a less demanding gig than a top college HC. All that recruiting and turnover has to be a burden. Top level pressure seems similar as well.
I think it’s easier to deal with the recruiting and turnover at a top college program than it is with most NFL organizations. A program like Ohio St is always going to get top players in the country and I think it’s easier to prepare those guys. Most teams looking for new HCs in the NFL are bad organizations and the pressure is on from Day 1.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm in the unpopular...I want Harbaugh and to bring the DC(was with Ravens) to come

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Hypothetically speaking, though I don’t know much about Ryan Day, this could be interesting.

I don’t know how many times its occurred where a college coach ends up coaching his QB in the NFL, but lets look at the benefits. First of all, you’re allowing the QB to continue playing a system or even style that made him a top pick in the NFL to begin with. That comes with comfort. Sure the NFL is a different speed and all but you still have to have a foundation to succeed.

Secondly and to me, the most important factor in this whole thing is our history of QB’s. I truly believe the Bears are sick and tired of the QB carousel that’s happened here for eternity and yet they’ve never found a way to fix it. Draft hasn’t helped them, and neither have the numerous coaches and zillion OC’s.

I say go for it. Give Day a shot but if you want him, you gotta go big to get him because the guy is set at Ohio. This could be a way for the Bears to hopefully and finally fix this QB issue that has made them waste millions on other things that haven’t worked.
Agreed back up the brinks truck, you've made enough cheap imitation swings go for it!

DB012031

Liked Posts:

Day's issue that will hold him back is his impatience on offense. He is a big play guy (which is what Michigan took away last weekend, hence why Michigan won, Oregon as well). If you look at today's NFL, the 2 high safety look is back and is preventing the big play. I don't think Day mentality would allow him to accept that in many games, he is going to need those slow methodical 10+ play drives to score.

I will say, people may want to rethink that Ohio State O-Line....Aiden Hutchinson made them his bitch all day long (granted, he probably goes in the top 10 in the draft). The OSU tackles had NOTHING for him all day.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it’s easier to deal with the recruiting and turnover at a top college program than it is with most NFL organizations. A program like Ohio St is always going to get top players in the country and I think it’s easier to prepare those guys. Most teams looking for new HCs in the NFL are bad organizations and the pressure is on from Day 1.
Recruiting is time consuming and he's competing for the same players that other top programs are. That's after scouting them without a front office. Ohio state now has one but it's not yet the norm outside of top programs and they still may have 100 player visits during requiting with the better prospects getting home visits from the coach. They're basically all FAs. You then are training/coaching kids with only high school play under their belts.