Report: Pace likely out

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Because my outgoing history of Ryan Pace criticisms that varies from micro transactions to major draft blunders and coaching hires suggests that i actually have something behind my criticism and me saying he sucks doesn't invalidate what i have to say.

Also, you saying he's has 3 stellar drafts in a row isn't objective. It's flat out bullshit. Keep going around and saying "people who use (insert word) means (give it whatever meaning suits you).

Stellar drafts 3 years in a row. Moron....
The only bust the last 3 years was Ridley. 7th round picks (Denmark and White) aren't expected to be everyday contributors. If you look at the last 3 years and all his picks from the 4th round and below he only had one I would considered a bust (Ridley).

Last edited:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The only bust the last 3 years was Ridley. 6th round picks aren't expected to be everyday contributors. If you look at the last 3 years and all his picks from the 4th round and below he only had one I would considered a bust.
Their 39th overall pick this year hasnt played a down for them all season. But keep picking and choosing what rounds matter and ignore that 2019 is actually a terrible draft considering all they have to show for it is a RB, a completely replaceable position with the shortest shelf life.

This roster is not good. The coaching staff is not good. The results speak for themselves. Again, you deserve all the mediocrity that they give to you. Enjoy!

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Their 39th overall pick this year hasnt played a down for them all season. But keep picking and choosing what rounds matter and ignore that 2019 is actually a terrible draft considering all they have to show for it is a RB, a completely replaceable position with the shortest shelf life.

This roster is not good. The coaching staff is not good. The results speak for themselves. Again, you deserve all the mediocrity that they give to you. Enjoy!
I am not ignoring anything. 5th round picks and later aren't generally going to become pro bowl players. You are just looking for good starters and hoping for more.

Yes Jenkins hasn't played, but calling him a bust would be incredibly early to do so.
Pace has obviously improved in the draft and has filled the team with a young core:
The entire oline outside of Peters
Fields, Monty, Herbert, Mooney, Jackson, Roquon, Kmet, Johnson.
The only weakness out of the position groups right now is corner back and wide receiver. And every team is going to have weak position groups. To say that the roster is not good is just ignorant.

They are literally discussing Paces draft history on the Score right now and how many NFL experts say he has been great at drafting and that would be the reason he keeps his job.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am not ignoring anything. 5th round picks and later aren't generally going to become pro bowl players. You are just looking for good starters and hoping for more.

Yes Jenkins hasn't played, but calling him a bust would be incredibly early to do so.
Pace has obviously improved in the draft and has filled the team with a young core:
The entire oline outside of Peters
Fields, Monty, Herbert, Mooney, Jackson, Roquon, Kmet, Johnson.
The only weakness out of the position groups right now is corner back and wide receiver. And every team is going to have weak position groups. To say that the roster is not good is just ignorant.

You're right.... not good is being kind. It's one of the worst in the NFL.

Remember the Bill Parcells quote about you are what your record says you are? Well..... Pace is a loser. Go argue that with a HOF coach if you want.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
It’s crazy this guy got almost a decade when he is not noticeably better than any of his predecessors. Now the next guy might actually be decent and they’ll fire him after 2 seasons, lol

Bear down baby

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You're right.... not good is being kind. It's one of the worst in the NFL.

Remember the Bill Parcells quote about you are what your record says you are? Well..... Pace is a loser. Go argue that with a HOF coach if you want.
I think we found Hub Arkush's CCS account. You cant make this shit up. Its too early to call Jenkins a bust but its not too early to call the draft in its entirety stellar. I cant believe i once again got baited into arguing with another delusional Pacesexual.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I personally don’t get the infatuation with Pace from some. He has been on Emery levels as a GM

So far the only 1st round pick that has panned out has been Roquan while Fields is pending .
2nd round picks? Maybe Eddie Goldman but this year hasn’t been the best for him
I couldn’t name one 3rd round pick pace has made
All he has to his name is “gems”

He has been ass in F.A. Overpaying for anybody who can breathe to the point it kills us in cap

His trades have been terrible too. Dude has bids against himself and destroys our draft capital every year. Like why the fuck did we give up anything for Grant?

His coach can’t go a game with blowing a timeout to challenge something and got mentally raped by a blown kick in 2018

Seriously what has Pace done for this team that has been meaningful??

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I personally don’t get the infatuation with Pace from some. He has been on Emery levels as a GM

So far the only 1st round pick that has panned out has been Roquan while Fields is pending .
2nd round picks? Maybe Eddie Goldman but this year hasn’t been the best for him
I couldn’t name one 3rd round pick pace has made
All he has to his name is “gems”

He has been ass in F.A. Overpaying for anybody who can breathe to the point it kills us in cap

His trades have been terrible too. Dude has bids against himself and destroys our draft capital every year. Like why the fuck did we give up anything for Grant?

His coach can’t go a game with blowing a timeout to challenge something and got mentally raped by a blown kick in 2018

Seriously what has Pace done for this team that has been meaningful??
Monty is his 3rd round find. A RB. Cool!

Pace has done nothing to earn such extreme devotion by these cult members. From the beginning my take has been that people were so fed up with Emery and his weirdness that Ryan Pace was this youthful, energetic "breath of fresh air" and they went all in on him and have dug themselves too deep to climb out of the hole.

Another theory is that i think we have some closeted homosexual Bears fans who find him and his haircut attractive(and that's ok if you are gay @dabears70 , more power to you!). Its the only thing that makes sense because it sure isn't his accomplishments.

But most likely the answer here is that there simply are a lot of really really really really really dumb fans who aren't familiar with the rest of the NFL. If you look at guys like Trevis Gipson, Bilal Nichols, James Daniels, Cole Kmet as these GM draft defining type of players, then you just aren't paying attention to whats happening outside of Chicago. Every team has talent. Every team has guys.

As i've been saying for a few years now, this team has skated by on established veterans from the outside of the organization. Who is your NFC defensive player of the month? Robert Quinn. Who was the face of the franchise prior to Justin Fields, who is always the highest ranking Bears player on top 100 lists? Khalil Mack. Who has been the most consistent offensive player under Matt Nagy? Allen Robinson. Akiem Hicks FA. Danny T before he fell off, FA. Kyle Fuller was an Emery pick. Getting guys who pan out for other teams isnt the job of a GM. Get the talent on your team for a "collaborative" vision with your coaching staff.

Putting everything on the coach is just lazy. There is a good reason why there is so much national talk about Pace being on the hot seat for a couple years now. The talent isn't there. Just because the Bears ownership is incompetent and likes him doesn't mean he's actually good at what he does.

Remember, these are the folks who thought Matt Nagy deserved to coach the Bears in 2021 and even coach a rookie QB with a lot invested in him.

Ryan Pace would be fired in probably 28 other organizations.

/rant

Last edited:

Bort

Liked Posts:
One thing fans are overlooking is that the McCaskeys give Pace a lot of credit for overhauling their scouting departments.

There’s probably even some truth to this when you compare how bad Phil Emery’s drafts and Pace’s early drafts were to how good Pace’s last 2 drafts were.

That perception might be enough to keep him working for the Bears in some capacity.

One Team

Liked Posts:
One thing fans are overlooking is that the McCaskeys give Pace a lot of credit for overhauling their scouting departments.

There’s probably even some truth to this when you compare how bad Phil Emery’s drafts and Pace’s early drafts were to how good Pace’s last 2 drafts were.

That perception might be enough to keep him working for the Bears in some capacity.
I agree with this.

What the public sees is only a portion of what actually goes on.

So many moving parts.

These GM's sit in an incredibly precarious position between success and failure.

The public builds and tears down these folks on a whim. Wonder how the Rams GM will be characterized by this season's end...at this point it could go either way...Seattle's GM was a hero a few years ago... what's his perceived competence now?

From my 30,000 foot view of the Bears, it seemed to me like King George was wanting a break from the 'shoot and replace' treadmill this franchise was on, and he was willing to work through the growing pains with a young GM. I still opine that he does not want to get back on that treadmill, and may make additional moves or changes within his organization.

The 'fan' judgement in absolute terms of them is hard to take seriously.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Define good

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agree with this.

What the public sees is only a portion of what actually goes on.

So many moving parts.

These GM's sit in an incredibly precarious position between success and failure.

The public builds and tears down these folks on a whim. Wonder how the Rams GM will be characterized by this season's end...at this point it could go either way...Seattle's GM was a hero a few years ago... what's his perceived competence now?

From my 30,000 foot view of the Bears, it seemed to me like King George was wanting a break from the 'shoot and replace' treadmill this franchise was on, and he was willing to work through the growing pains with a young GM. I still opine that he does not want to get back on that treadmill, and may make additional moves or changes within his organization.

The 'fan' judgement in absolute terms of them is hard to take seriously.
7 year “whim”

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The only bust the last 3 years was Ridley. 7th round picks (Denmark and White) aren't expected to be everyday contributors. If you look at the last 3 years and all his picks from the 4th round and below he only had one I would considered a bust (Ridley).
That's a bit of a deceiving statement. It's not like he has had 11 of 12 non busts during during those 4 rounds over 3 yrs.

Those picks are:
David Montgomery-about what he should be
Riley Ridley- bust
Cole Kmet- at or moreso below expectation
Jaylon Johnson- Home Run
Justin Fields -undecided trending up
Tevon Jenkins- undecided a minus for drafting a known injured player.

So it's more Pace hasn't had but half the picks in those rounds as he should have due to his penchant for givimg pics away and of those 6, 2 you cant judge, 1 was a homerun, 2 are meh, and 1 bust.

So of 12 picks he had awarded him, 7 are either completely not here by trading away or busting.

Not a ringing endorsement.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is Pace piss poor at his job? Of course, he is.....drafting might be the be the only thing that's even gets a mediocre grade. His trades are laughable and he mismanaged the Bears into salary cap hell. That being said.....when was the last time the Bears had a GM that actually knew how to construct and manage an NFL team? Look at them. Emery, Angelo, Wanny, Graves......wtf.....do we have to go all the way back to Jim Finks?

Should the Bears launch Pace? Sure, they should.....but does anyone actually think they will hire anyone who is any better?

History says absolutely NOT.

Bad coaching, bad GM but what's worse is team ownership.....and there's no fixing that.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
SO here is the cognitive dissonance I see here.

If we had a good coach, I think most would say we would be at least 6-5 right now, maybe 7-4..... And the previous years probably easy 10-6....

If that is the case, then how can we argue that the roster is bad? I think the coach has mismanaged the roster, and that is partly on Pace and is a fireable offense. But I also think if we are to say he has put together a winning roster, that it would be conceivable to move him upstairs and have a new GM pick the new coach and keep the drafting and scouting infrastructure in place.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
2019 was a terrible draft for the Bears. Montgomery was a hit, but RB is probably the lowest ROI - hell the Bears probably got an equal or better RB in the 6th round in this last draft. A 4th, a 6th, 2 7ths and 3 of them are out of the NFL, with the last 1 on his way out in Shelley is way below expected even for day 3 picks.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
@Gustavus Adolphus how have we been so critical of Pace when he had this "stellar" draft? A RB and nothing else. WOW!
View attachment 15744
Poor Riley Ridley.. I had high hopes for him.
I assume he couldn't grasp the genius of Nagy's offense.
Never mastered the ability to run a 5 yard curl, followed by a 5 yard hitch, and then a 5 yard curl.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Former Texan GM Ric Smith would be a huge upgrade over Pace. He found two HOF (Watt and Hopkins). Found Watson. Texans were perennial playoff contenders when he was there. Sign HIm.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Monty is his 3rd round find. A RB. Cool!

Pace has done nothing to earn such extreme devotion by these cult members. From the beginning my take has been that people were so fed up with Emery and his weirdness that Ryan Pace was this youthful, energetic "breath of fresh air" and they went all in on him and have dug themselves too deep to climb out of the hole.

Another theory is that i think we have some closeted homosexual Bears fans who find him and his haircut attractive(and that's ok if you are gay @dabears70 , more power to you!). Its the only thing that makes sense because it sure isn't his accomplishments.

But most likely the answer here is that there simply are a lot of really really really really really dumb fans who aren't familiar with the rest of the NFL. If you look at guys like Trevis Gipson, Bilal Nichols, James Daniels, Cole Kmet as these GM draft defining type of players, then you just aren't paying attention to whats happening outside of Chicago. Every team has talent. Every team has guys.

As i've been saying for a few years now, this team has skated by on established veterans from the outside of the organization. Who is your NFC defensive player of the month? Robert Quinn. Who was the face of the franchise prior to Justin Fields, who is always the highest ranking Bears player on top 100 lists? Khalil Mack. Who has been the most consistent offensive player under Matt Nagy? Allen Robinson. Akiem Hicks FA. Danny T before he fell off, FA. Kyle Fuller was an Emery pick. Getting guys who pan out for other teams isnt the job of a QB. Get the talent on your team for a "collaborative" vision with your coaching staff.

Putting everything on the coach is just lazy. There is a good reason why there is so much national talk about Pace being on the hot seat for a couple years now. The talent isn't there. Just because the Bears ownership is incompetent and likes him doesn't mean he's actually good at what he does.

Remember, these are the folks who thought Matt Nagy deserved to coach the Bears in 2021 and even coach a rookie QB with a lot invested in him.

Ryan Pace would be fired in probably 28 other organizations.

/rant
Agree. Long time ago fired, in fact. Pace has NOT drafted well. In 7 years...

Round 1:

White, Floyd, Mitch, Roquan, JF (hopeful but not if Pace is still in charge of roster), and traded away 1st twice.

Roquan is the only 1st round level player out of the whole lot, and we all hope Justin pans out, but THAT RIGHT THERE is a prime example of poor drafting. You've GOT to hit on a higher percentage of Round 1 picks if you want to succeed as a franchise, and as a GM.

I know many argue trading two #1's for Mack was worth it, but he's been beat up and less effective each passing year, in essence not worth the two first rounders Pace gave up. Yeah, we got back a 2nd (Kmet), but still. There is no way you can argue he's added talent to this roster via the draft or trades. And in the case of Mack, the price was too great considering he blew the Trubisky pick prior. And paying Quinn what he's being paid?! Jimmy Graham?! Good grief.

No. Pace is not good at his job managing the roster. No. No. NO!