2021 CCS Fantasy League

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
So, trade happened in my home league. It was kamara/aj green for Gibson/kittle/brandin cooks. Shit got vetoed and I finally posted that if people keep vetoing trades just because their team isn't involved that I'm gonna completely remove the option.

Someone called the trade bs. I said it isn't their job to manage something else's teams. I think it's risky, but still a fair deal and would very much consider it if it were my team. What's others thoughts? @gpphat @knoxville7 @HawkBear @PrideisBears

Without seeing the rest of the two teams hard to really evaluate the trade...but either way I am with you and it doesn't look like there would be collusion considering Cooks is always underrated and typically puts up solid weeks, Kittle and Gibson are injury gambles that can pay off. So if the Team with Kamara has been dealing with injuries or depth issues, then I can get moving Kamara especially with the uncertainty at QB.

But the most important part of the deal is that there doesnt seem to be collusion, so there is no need to veto the trade

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Honestly, I'm not sure about kamara with hill as the starter. iirc, he was trash last year in this same situation.

His targets went up each week with Hill until Brees came back, but still not a comfortable situation with Kamara. The leagues I have him in, I am hoping for a good week this week and I may try to sell him too and get a low end RB1 and a WR2 or TE

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Without seeing the rest of the two teams hard to really evaluate the trade...but either way I am with you and it doesn't look like there would be collusion considering Cooks is always underrated and typically puts up solid weeks, Kittle and Gibson are injury gambles that can pay off. So if the Team with Kamara has been dealing with injuries or depth issues, then I can get moving Kamara especially with the uncertainty at QB.

But the most important part of the deal is that there doesnt seem to be collusion, so there is no need to veto the trade

The dude that traded Kamara has been squeaking by with Mecole Hardman and Shenault in his flex spots. Higbee is his TE. He's got Monty and OBJ. He traded Arob for Joe Burrow before the bottom cratered too. People just see Kamara.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The dude that traded Kamara has been squeaking by with Mecole Hardman and Shenault in his flex spots. Higbee is his TE. He's got Monty and OBJ. He traded Arob for Joe Burrow before the bottom cratered too. People just see Kamara.
yeah so Cooks shores up his Flex spot with a high upside player who is getting an upgrade at QB this week with Taylor coming back (that's not saying Taylor is good, just better than Mills), a healthy Kittle is a massive upgrade to Higbee, and a healthy Gibson is still a low end RB1. It is a risky trade because it hinges on the health of 2 major pieces, but could be what he needs to strengthen his team in the long run.

Shame they vetoed it

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
yeah so Cooks shores up his Flex spot with a high upside player who is getting an upgrade at QB this week with Taylor coming back (that's not saying Taylor is good, just better than Mills), a healthy Kittle is a massive upgrade to Higbee, and a healthy Gibson is still a low end RB1. It is a risky trade because it hinges on the health of 2 major pieces, but could be what he needs to strengthen his team in the long run.

Shame they vetoed it
Sucks too because I had a deal with the guy who was getting kamara to send me Henderson for cooper & knox to replace the wr and te he was about to lose and I need a second rb. Knox is on my bench anyway and Cooper is my wr3. That deal was also vetoed, but I was gonna overturn it anyway since the other dude didn't need to do it if the kamara deal didn't go through.

Sad thing is both are fighting for playoff spots (along with many of us), and if one team got fucked in that deal it was one less team we'd have to deal with. That's how I saw it anyway.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The whole thing caused an absolute shit storm. One guy was threatening to drop his whole team because the deal didn't go through. Another guy was threatening to quit if it went through. I told everyone next year the veto is gone since they can't use it in good faith and I essentially shut down all trades because these guys pull this crap consistently when their team isn't involved and people get bitter then veto everything.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The whole thing caused an absolute shit storm. One guy was threatening to drop his whole team because the deal didn't go through. Another guy was threatening to quit if it went through. I told everyone next year the veto is gone since they can't use it in good faith and I essentially shut down all trades because these guys pull this crap consistently when their team isn't involved and people get bitter then veto everything.
I hate to say it, but your league is full of a bunch of bitches lol

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I hate to say it, but your league is full of a bunch of bitches lol
Yeah, that was already thrown in the league chat lol. I actually think the word was "pussies."

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, that was already thrown in the league chat lol. I actually think the word was "pussies."
People who will veto trades are also the ones who are likely to do shady trades or collude.

In my leagues I don't have the veto option and I have even changes it so there is no review time and all trades go through immediately. This way a guy who loses a player either Wednesday afternoon or Saturday afternoon can still have an opportunity to make a trade and play that player.

Too many times people stick with how things are done just because that is the only way they have done it. And the guy who threatened to leave the league of you pushed the trade through is probably someone who either is planning to leave anyways or someone you probably want to leave.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
People who will veto trades are also the ones who are likely to do shady trades or collude.

In my leagues I don't have the veto option and I have even changes it so there is no review time and all trades go through immediately. This way a guy who loses a player either Wednesday afternoon or Saturday afternoon can still have an opportunity to make a trade and play that player.

Too many times people stick with how things are done just because that is the only way they have done it. And the guy who threatened to leave the league of you pushed the trade through is probably someone who either is planning to leave anyways or someone you probably want to leave.
He's a baby that had no problem ripping off an inexperienced player, which I made sure to point out to him. I also pointed out that I didn't veto that deal because I knew no cheating was going on. I've had a couple trades in this league over the years that were clear collusion that I vetoed, and I also removed the parties from the league the next season. Most of these guys that veto are the ones sending out lopsided trade offers that only benefit their team.

I already told them next year I'm doing exactly how your league is set up. No vetoes, immediate processing of trades.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Being the commish is a thankless job lol. In my long standing league, we have it set where the league champion takes it over. They can propose rule changes and we just vote on it. We got rid of the veto years ago.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just 1 game behind you now

#AllBoutHowHotURComePlayoffTime
#LongestHashtagEver!
man i havent looked at my team in weeks. Everyone is either injured or garbage. Reminded me why ive stuck to my daily fanduel games the past 5 years.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think i am just going to lose out..... thanks

I am a paper handed bitch without D Henry

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
man i havent looked at my team in weeks. Everyone is either injured or garbage. Reminded me why ive stuck to my daily fanduel games the past 5 years.
You beat me with 3 major spots on Bye or injured. Caught my team sleeping. Lucky fuck

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

My CCS team probably has the most talent of my teams and everyone has just completely underperformed. My keeper league I thought would suck and it's been a fucking monster.

My home league has everyone injured, but I'm still in it somehow. Hell, that team is injured so bad, I picked up Taysom Hill for the stretch run and dude might undergo season ending surgery in his first start. It's fucking ridiculous. I've been down Hopkins, Edmonds, Michael Carter, Cooper, Toney, and I just lost Dalvin.

Last week was the worst starting lineup I've ever fielded and I snuck out a W. I had to play Carr, Cedric Wilson, Shenault, Westbrook-Ikine, & rex fucking burkhead.