Coaching change death spiral..

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Bears are in in right now. Its no fun for the organization, fans or this board.

Its the natural progression. Shitty record. Players lose energy. Coaches start working on resumes instead of game plans. This board gets pretty stale.

There must be a winter for there to be a spring. Come black Monday, January 10th, spring arrives for the NFL's downtrodden and the coaching searches begin.

5 weeks left guys. And then the coaching rumors start flying, John Gruden's name inevitably gets mentioned and college coaches who have no business in the NFL start flirting with the idea of having no recruiting season.

Hang in there guys. 5 more weeks of winter. And for the first time in decades, the Bears have a QB with upper-echelon talent to tempt a candidate.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears are in in right now. Its no fun for the organization, fans or this board.

Its the natural progression. Shitty record. Players lose energy. Coaches start working on resumes instead of game plans. This board gets pretty stale.

There must be a winter for there to be a spring. Come black Monday, January 10th, spring arrives for the NFL's downtrodden and the coaching searches begin.

5 weeks left guys. And then the coaching rumors start flying, John Gruden's name inevitably gets mentioned and college coaches who have no business in the NFL start flirting with the idea of having no recruiting season.

Hang in there guys. 5 more weeks of winter. And for the first time in decades, the Bears have a QB with upper-echelon talent to tempt a candidate.
I wish we could hire Jon Gruden.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I do think Nagy fixes alot of the Bears problems IF they hire a quality head coach to replace him. And there is no guarantee on head coaches they are all a gamble.

I know its not a popular opinion, but the franchise is 32-27 cumulatively over the last 4 seasons. That is far from dismal and dysfunctional.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I do think Nagy fixes alot of the Bears problems IF they hire a quality head coach to replace him. And there is no guarantee on head coaches they are all a gamble.

I know its not a popular opinion, but the franchise is 32-27 cumulatively over the last 4 seasons. That is far from dismal and dysfunctional.
1638550060517.png

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Getting rid of Nagy will fix almost everything. He is the cause of 9/10 problems on the Bears.
They have been trading picks away for too long. It has caught up to them. Kindle Vildor doesn't have NFL talent. Bill Belichick would have cut Eddie Jackson by now. The defense just keeps getting older. And Justin Fields is NOT settled.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The funny thing is I actually like Nagy, as a head coach. If he could actually bring in an offensive coordinator and would truly turn the offense over to him, I would be happy. Was hoping that would happen last year.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

HOW MANY OF THOSE Wins came against the Lions?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I like the idea, but remember who would be the decision maker on that move.

With Pace also on the ropes this would all come down to Ted Phillips.

Here's the key question - Do you see him as the guy who fires someone mid season?

Personally I see Ted as a guy who would never fire someone mid season and actually hire the failed GM to a different role to actually help him hire a GM and head coach.

That's right, I'm saying Ol' Teddy boy is the kind of guy who promotes his own failed GM to help find a successful one.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Having the right coach makes a huge difference in today's NFL with limited practice. Look how quickly the Patriots have recovered from Brady. They had one losing season and may go to the playoffs this season.

25 of the 32 NFL teams have had the same head coach less than 5 seasons. Stunning. Elite head coaching talent may be the only thing in the NFL harder to find than a franchise QB.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Having the right coach makes a huge difference in today's NFL with limited practice. Look how quickly the Patriots have recovered from Brady. They had one losing season and may go to the playoffs this season.

25 of the 32 NFL teams have had the same head coach less than 5 seasons. Stunning. Elite head coaching talent may be the only thing in the NFL harder to find than a franchise QB.
LOL BB was playing games, they had the most Covid opt-outs last year, mostly starters. He knew it was a throw away year