Blackhawks trading Subban to Buffalo

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now send Fleury to the Avs or Bruins for a yacht and attached full submersible.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Guess they're trading him for "future considerations." Not to sound too cold, but I won't miss him.

Some interesting names on this list. Strome is obviously not surprising -- I would do a Strome for Debrusk trade straight up, why the hell not?

Also, I'll be the minority here considering the guy's baggage, and this is sure to piss off the tear-it-all-down folk, but I think I would take a chance on E. Kane at 3.5 per year. Assuming you can get him for peanuts and SJ will eat half his salary.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guess they're trading him for "future considerations." Not to sound too cold, but I won't miss him.

Some interesting names on this list. Strome is obviously not surprising -- I would do a Strome for Debrusk trade straight up, why the hell not?

Also, I'll be the minority here considering the guy's baggage, and this is sure to piss off the tear-it-all-down folk, but I think I would take a chance on E. Kane at 3.5 per year. Assuming you can get him for peanuts and SJ will eat half his salary.

I wouldn't. Locker room cancer and he doesn't put us in contention. I think he's also signed through 2025, so we'd be stuck that long with him.

They'd have to eat half (and they're paying dead cap on a Martin Jones buyout), take some of our trash, AND send us picks/prospects before I'd consider it.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
In case it washed clear from the tweet this is a done deal

Granada

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't. Locker room cancer and he doesn't put us in contention. I think he's also signed through 2025, so we'd be stuck that long with him.

They'd have to eat half (and they're paying dead cap on a Martin Jones buyout), take some of our trash, AND send us picks/prospects before I'd consider it.

Yeah but 3.5 million for a top-six forward for 4 years is an absolute steal and the dude still has good hockey left. He's good for 20 goals, 40 points at least. Did he have issues in SJ's locker room? Can't recall now, I know he had problems in Winnipeg's when he was a lot younger.

You can say what you want about the guy, but he'd be a blast to watch on the ice. Tough as nails power forward who hits, fights, and scores. There's no way SJ would send us pick/prospects. I'd do it anyway, as long as it was half his salary. Doubt the Hawks would want him though because they already got so much heat on them, but still, I would like it. In my view, taking a chance on a player like Kane is much better than some of the other players that the ex-GM has taken chances on.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perhaps he is better than some of the beancounter's acquisitions, but I would not get him at the expense of the rebuild. Either we get pieces that help us build the team up long term or no dice.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perhaps he is better than some of the beancounter's acquisitions, but I would not get him at the expense of the rebuild. Either we get pieces that help us build the team up long term or no dice.
Yup...no Theo Fleurys, Doug Gilmours, or Bobby Orrs....picks or prospects...no bullshit that this team is a few tweaks from being a contender.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Yup...no Theo Fleurys, Doug Gilmours, or Bobby Orrs....picks or prospects...no bullshit that this team is a few tweaks from being a contender.
Jim I am sorry that I will disagree with you, this team is very far from a few tweaks to be a contender. There is to much deadweight eating up cap space that can be used for players that can eventually help this team move forward.
Dehaan and Strome for starters, I love JT but his talents have diminished so much, that it’s not helping, great at faceoffs but this team needs more on the scoresheet from him.
Once this team gets a qualified GM who has hockey sense and direction the Hawks will be better team. I certainly hate being such a pessimistic fan, but it’s difficult to see any light at the end of the tunnel. I may be wrong, but at this point there is not so much optimism surrounding this team.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jim I am sorry that I will disagree with you, this team is very far from a few tweaks to be a contender. There is to much deadweight eating up cap space that can be used for players that can eventually help this team move forward.
Dehaan and Strome for starters, I love JT but his talents have diminished so much, that it’s not helping, great at faceoffs but this team needs more on the scoresheet from him.
Once this team gets a qualified GM who has hockey sense and direction the Hawks will be better team. I certainly hate being such a pessimistic fan, but it’s difficult to see any light at the end of the tunnel. I may be wrong, but at this point there is not so much optimism surrounding this team.
If my verbage did not properly convey my thoughts, I apologize, but I was trying to say exactly what you did...I agree 100% with you...I watched the Hawks bring in guys like Fleury and Gilmour and Coffey and Housely and Tonelli and pretend like they were still the players they were at their prime and it made the team better, when what it really did was deplete resources need to properly replenish and rebuild a team from within... Rocky's dad worked on the model that getting 8 seed every year and at least your 2 home playoff game revenues was success...I hope his son and grandson understand the reality that no one stays on top permanently, and that you build, hopefully win, endure a proper rebuild, and hopefully win again.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Honestly, I even think E. Kane would be good on a rebuilding team. Why wouldn't he be? He's a bargain top-six talent who can protect all your young guys and then some, at only 3.5 per year. I've said it before and I'll say it again: even on a rebuilding team, you need a sprinkling of vets; and bargain vets at that, which E. Kane would be.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
If my verbage did not properly convey my thoughts, I apologize, but I was trying to say exactly what you did...I agree 100% with you...I watched the Hawks bring in guys like Fleury and Gilmour and Coffey and Housely and Tonelli and pretend like they were still the players they were at their prime and it made the team better, when what it really did was deplete resources need to properly replenish and rebuild a team from within... Rocky's dad worked on the model that getting 8 seed every year and at least your 2 home playoff game revenues was success...I hope his son and grandson understand the reality that no one stays on top permanently, and that you build, hopefully win, endure a proper rebuild, and hopefully win again.
I’ll stick up for Housely. He was damn solid his first year here and ran the PP like a boss.

He shouldn’t have been averaging 20 minutes a game but he still had wheels. Those same wheels fell off the second year but his first year he was damn good on a back end relying on Kleem, Miro and Crapotsev.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Subban having season ending surgery, so much for anything great on the future considerations. I guess less pucks now hey Da Hawk?