Report: Pace likely out

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Agree. Long time ago fired, in fact. Pace has NOT drafted well. In 7 years...

Round 1:

White, Floyd, Mitch, Roquan, JF (hopeful but not if Pace is still in charge of roster), and traded away 1st twice.

Roquan is the only 1st round level player out of the whole lot, and we all hope Justin pans out, but THAT RIGHT THERE is a prime example of poor drafting. You've GOT to hit on a higher percentage of Round 1 picks if you want to succeed as a franchise, and as a GM.

I know many argue trading two #1's for Mack was worth it, but he's been beat up and less effective each passing year, in essence not worth the two first rounders Pace gave up. Yeah, we got back a 2nd (Kmet), but still. There is no way you can argue he's added talent to this roster via the draft or trades. And in the case of Mack, the price was too great considering he blew the Trubisky pick prior. And paying Quinn what he's being paid?! Jimmy Graham?! Good grief.

No. Pace is not good at his job managing the roster. No. No. NO!
I'd take it a step further and say Fangio heavily influenced the Roquan pick. No trade ups, no bullshit...and it worked out.

The year prior the top picks were Mitch, Shaheen, Jackson and Cohen.

Vick prolly demanded a high defensive pick in 2018 because he only got Eddie Jackson the previous year.

IIRC both Mitch & Shaheen were failed trade-ups.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
One thing fans are overlooking is that the McCaskeys give Pace a lot of credit for overhauling their scouting departments.

There’s probably even some truth to this when you compare how bad Phil Emery’s drafts and Pace’s early drafts were to how good Pace’s last 2 drafts were.

That perception might be enough to keep him working for the Bears in some capacity.
It is not perception that will allow Pace to keep working for the McCaskey family, but rather his endearment to the NFL's royal dysfunctional family. I just don't see him leaving, if anything he will move up in some capacity. For Bear fans at least that would allow us some hope for a decent professional GM. My pick would be John Dorsey. Compare his seven- year career to that of Ryan Pace.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Monty is his 3rd round find. A RB. Cool!

Pace has done nothing to earn such extreme devotion by these cult members. From the beginning my take has been that people were so fed up with Emery and his weirdness that Ryan Pace was this youthful, energetic "breath of fresh air" and they went all in on him and have dug themselves too deep to climb out of the hole.

Another theory is that i think we have some closeted homosexual Bears fans who find him and his haircut attractive(and that's ok if you are gay @dabears70 , more power to you!). Its the only thing that makes sense because it sure isn't his accomplishments.

But most likely the answer here is that there simply are a lot of really really really really really dumb fans who aren't familiar with the rest of the NFL. If you look at guys like Trevis Gipson, Bilal Nichols, James Daniels, Cole Kmet as these GM draft defining type of players, then you just aren't paying attention to whats happening outside of Chicago. Every team has talent. Every team has guys.

As i've been saying for a few years now, this team has skated by on established veterans from the outside of the organization. Who is your NFC defensive player of the month? Robert Quinn. Who was the face of the franchise prior to Justin Fields, who is always the highest ranking Bears player on top 100 lists? Khalil Mack. Who has been the most consistent offensive player under Matt Nagy? Allen Robinson. Akiem Hicks FA. Danny T before he fell off, FA. Kyle Fuller was an Emery pick. Getting guys who pan out for other teams isnt the job of a GM. Get the talent on your team for a "collaborative" vision with your coaching staff.

Putting everything on the coach is just lazy. There is a good reason why there is so much national talk about Pace being on the hot seat for a couple years now. The talent isn't there. Just because the Bears ownership is incompetent and likes him doesn't mean he's actually good at what he does.

Remember, these are the folks who thought Matt Nagy deserved to coach the Bears in 2021 and even coach a rookie QB with a lot invested in him.

Ryan Pace would be fired in probably 28 other organizations.

/rant
There's my girl. I knew you couldn't get me out your mind.
giphy.gif

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agree. Long time ago fired, in fact. Pace has NOT drafted well. In 7 years...

Round 1:

White, Floyd, Mitch, Roquan, JF (hopeful but not if Pace is still in charge of roster), and traded away 1st twice.

Roquan is the only 1st round level player out of the whole lot, and we all hope Justin pans out, but THAT RIGHT THERE is a prime example of poor drafting. You've GOT to hit on a higher percentage of Round 1 picks if you want to succeed as a franchise, and as a GM.

I know many argue trading two #1's for Mack was worth it, but he's been beat up and less effective each passing year, in essence not worth the two first rounders Pace gave up. Yeah, we got back a 2nd (Kmet), but still. There is no way you can argue he's added talent to this roster via the draft or trades. And in the case of Mack, the price was too great considering he blew the Trubisky pick prior. And paying Quinn what he's being paid?! Jimmy Graham?! Good grief.

No. Pace is not good at his job managing the roster. No. No. NO!
But the new facilities!

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Well if this becomes true, who should be our next GM? A name being thrown out there is Trace Armstrong. How about Rick Smith?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So...is he out? Or has Covid?

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I don't really know that the Fields pick isn't the same move a lot of people would do if in the GM role. Once Fields started slid a little bit, it's not like Pace made some extraordinary deal that screwed some other team out of picks. He traded up for pretty much the expected value and picked Fields, I would say about 70% of other potential GMs would have made a similar move if in Pace's position.

Then why didn't they

mecha

Liked Posts:
of the 1st round picks it's looking like Mac Jones and everyone else (all with 2 wins each?). and Jones was drafted after Fields, but has obviously the most cherry arrangement with the Patriots/McDaniels system compared to this clown show. had the Bears stayed at 20 though, they wouldn't have gotten any of those guys. just something to consider.

the Fields trade up cost a lot less than the Trubisky one I guess.

my opinion, with all the early round misses, it's too little too late for Pace. when you consider the parameters and what other teams have gotten in a 7 year span compared to him, I think it's easy to make the case he isn't the guy. scouting department improvements aside.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Well if this becomes true, who should be our next GM? A name being thrown out there is Trace Armstrong. How about Rick Smith?
I will put up John Dorsey's five years in KC against anyone. 2013 Fisher OT, Kelce TE, 2014 Ford DE, Duvernay-Tardif,2015 Peters CB, Morse C, 2016 Jones DT, Hill WR, 2017 Mahomes QB, Kpassagnon DE, Hunt RB, all core pieces.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tee

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
I will put up John Dorsey's five years in KC against anyone. 2013 Fisher OT, Kelce TE, 2014 Ford DE, Duvernay-Tardif,2015 Peters CB, Morse C, 2016 Jones DT, Hill WR, 2017 Mahomes QB, Kpassagnon DE, Hunt RB, all core pieces.
Even though I like his resume.. I really don't want anything to do with KC because of Nagy. Lol

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
It is not perception that will allow Pace to keep working for the McCaskey family, but rather his endearment to the NFL's royal dysfunctional family. I just don't see him leaving, if anything he will move up in some capacity. For Bear fans at least that would allow us some hope for a decent professional GM. My pick would be John Dorsey. Compare his seven- year career to that of Ryan Pace.
I don't understand why people continue to perpetuate this narrative. Pace sucks, intelligent people can see that. Have the McCaskey's said he's going to be the next VP? I know they said he is their football guy, but if they want to continue to believe that lie then they, and the fan base, are fucked for as long as they believe it.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why people continue to perpetuate this narrative. Pace sucks, intelligent people can see that. Have the McCaskey's said he's going to be the next VP? I know they said he is their football guy, but if they want to continue to believe that lie then they, and the fan base, are fucked for as long as they believe it.
As said, I believe like others that the McCaskey family will not fire Pace. Fans don't like Pace............tough shit, because the McCaskey's do, and in the end that is all that matters.

I hope I am wrong, but I don't see Pace going anywhere. Nagy gone................ Pace not buying it

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
There's my girl. I knew you couldn't get me out your mind.
giphy.gif

You're like the guy that farts and then exclaims, "Who farted?", to divert blame, only you are doing it with your obsession with @Anytime23 .

Why don't you just stick to telling us about how you are doing in your 43 FFL's. When you tell us you got screwed by an injury or are killing it in a $5 dollar buy in league, it's always so riveting.