208 Mil Salary Cap Next Year

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cohen and Danny T are likely cuts for cap if they can get money out of the two of them. Unless you get money for cutting Foles, there really isn't much more you can do. At least not from what I can see.

Bust

Liked Posts:
44 mil will go real fast filling all those holes.

Heh . . .

D side needs the main makeover, especially in the secondary. On the offensive side if some of these guys pan out they are set at key positions, expensive positions at that if they needed to fill by free agency, Tackles Borom/Jenkins, QB Fields and HB Herbert.

Plenty of cash to upgrade the roster in the win now league. Hicks will be off contract too.

When the Bears win the superbowl in 5 years, think back to the 2020 draft and realize this is where it all started.

msadows

Liked Posts:
LMAO @ Mooney being the only receiver under contract at the end of this season.

#FIREPACE

Honestly not a bad thing cause everyone besides mooney is trash.

Also, next GM(Or Pace) better spent at least 60% of that cap on the offensive side.

I want to see some decent starters signed in FA at WR, Guard/Center, and TE.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
How mad will you all be if we trade up again for a WR or CB?

Never mind....90% of of CCS will buy it again.

...fool me once same on you, fool me twice shame on me. (Yet on CCS it's more like fool me 5 times and I'll still be distracted by shiny objects.)

msadows

Liked Posts:
How mad will you all be if we trade up again for a WR or CB?

Never mind....90% of of CCS will buy it again.

...fool me once same on you, fool me twice shame on me. (Yet on CCS it's more like fool me 5 times and I'll still be distracted by shiny objects.)

Trade up for arguably our two biggest needs?

Yea, I'm fine with that. Pretty sure thats how you build good football teams...filling your biggest needs.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably not a bad idea to start over at that position.

Honestly not a bad thing cause everyone besides mooney is trash.

That's my point.

Leaving that cupboard bare going into yet another year with limited cap space & draft capital. No money, no resources, no talent.

That all falls on Ryan Pace.

msadows

Liked Posts:
That's my point.

Leaving that cupboard bare going into yet another year with limited cap space & draft capital. No money, no resources, no talent.

That all falls on Ryan Pace.

To be fair, we all knew if the mitch experiment failed this team(particularly the defense) would become old and busted and require a rebuild.

Pace gambled on the wrong qb, really comes down to that. Honestly, if Pace is the GM again next year I hope he retains his aggressiveness. You don't win in the NFL without calculated risks as a GM.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Cut foles, whitehair, Goldman, trade Mack if you can. Resign Nichols, Daniels. Extend roquan. Good luck fitting everything else in. I see lots of backloaded contracts coming this offseason. Especially if it's pace as the future means nothing to him

msadows

Liked Posts:
so the Bears need to add 27 players to fill a 53 man roster. With an average of 2 mil per player, that is 54 mil.

Usually how the nfl works bud. Maybe not this much roster turnover, but honestly thats kind of a good thing if pace/nagy are both fired since the next GM has more money to play with.

The lions are in a similar situation w/ cap and signed players.