208 Mil Salary Cap Next Year

msadows

Liked Posts:
Cut foles, whitehair, Goldman, trade Mack if you can. Resign Nichols, Daniels. Extend roquan. Good luck fitting everything else in. I see lots of backloaded contracts coming this offseason. Especially if it's pace as the future means nothing to him

Foles won't be cut....post 6/1 he only saves you 3m and I'm not sure you can find a better backup QB than foles. He's stuck here.

Whitehair is prob as good as gone tho, post 6/1 he gets you 8m which can get you a new longterm deal with Daniels + another depth signing on the OL or WR.

Don't think anyone is taking on macks deal either. Quinn we have a better chance to move, which woud be a smart move for both sides.

mecha

Liked Posts:
To be fair, we all knew if the mitch experiment failed this team(particularly the defense) would become old and busted and require a rebuild.

Pace gambled on the wrong qb, really comes down to that. Honestly, if Pace is the GM again next year I hope he retains his aggressiveness. You don't win in the NFL without calculated risks as a GM.
experts and analysts alike said Trubisky was a sure thing. he may be a distant 3rd in the Mahomes/Watson sweepstakes, but Mahomes has been kind of exposed as normal and Watson has one foot out of the league permanently... I still think it would've been helpful if Nagy and his people could've developed Trubisky better and played him to his strengths instead of hanging him out to dry. or you know, the same thing they're doing to Fields now.

I understand the personnel have to be addressed, but they need people that don't have their heads permanently installed up their own arses to coach this team too.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The whole thing boils down to Fields living up to the price paid. Two 1sts, which is a guy that can carry a team on his shoulders. How many QBs can you say that about? 5??

If that doesn't happen you're looking at being a bad team until 2026-ish best case.

Liked Posts:
so the Bears need to add 27 players to fill a 53 man roster. With an average of 2 mil per player, that is 54 mil.
There's currently 28 players with a cap hit of under $1M for 2021 ; 42 under $2M....most rosters have a handful of guys taking up a lot of space, a dozen paid in the 3-8M range and the rest $2 and under....

msadows

Liked Posts:
I never said we'd win.

Say a lie enough until it's true.

I never said we'd win.

Say a lie enough until it's true.

To be fair, I kinda read less and less of your content as the months go by. It's better for my mental health.

I kinda realized you were a goober when you told us that Monty was bad

Liked Posts:
The whole thing boils down to Fields living up to the price paid. Two 1sts, which is a guy that can carry a team on his shoulders. How many QBs can you say that about? 5??

If that doesn't happen you're looking at being a bad team until 2026-ish best case.
Took you long enough to bring up Fields.

Yes no shit it's important he plays well....now go back to complaining about other people's opinions of your opinions.

msadows

Liked Posts:
There's currently 28 players with a cap hit of under $1M for 2021 ; 42 under $2M....most rosters have a handful of guys taking up a lot of space, a dozen paid in the 3-8M range and the rest $2 and under....

Yea, I'd say the high majority of the nfl is on deal around the vet minimum or at most 1-2m.

I'll take the cap situation. It's enough money for a good GM, issue is pace will prob use it to re-sign ogletree and jimmy graham

msadows

Liked Posts:
Took you long enough to bring up Fields.

Yes no shit it's important he plays well....now go back to complaining about other people's opinions of your opinions.

Just imagine how great his hot takes would be if we never even drafted fields and took Jenkins at #20.

But hey, at least we'd have a top 10 pick to ruin this upcoming year! Woooo!

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
If we are probably going to suck next year anyways then we should just throw most of our resources at offense this year and build something around Fields to help his long term success.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair, we all knew if the mitch experiment failed this team(particularly the defense) would become old and busted and require a rebuild.

Pace gambled on the wrong qb, really comes down to that. Honestly, if Pace is the GM again next year I hope he retains his aggressiveness. You don't win in the NFL without calculated risks as a GM.

You are not wrong, but imagine if Trubisky does shine well enough to keep. Now you have only one receiver and three Olinemen under contract AND have to pay Trubisky around $40 million per year.

Gross mismanagement anyway you slice it.

Liked Posts:
Just imagine how great his hot takes would be if we never even drafted fields and took Jenkins at #20.

But hey, at least we'd have a top 10 pick to ruin this upcoming year! Woooo!
Dude's just weird. At first I thought he was just trolling, but eventually realized he's a legit idiot. Actually kind of sad, bc he's clearly seeking attention.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You are not wrong, but imagine if Trubisky does shine well enough to keep. Now you have only one receiver and three Olinemen under contract AND have to pay Trubisky around $40 million per year.

Gross mismanagement anyway you slice it.

Well, if they took Watson instead of Mitch, it would have been the start of a dynasty(Obviously ignoring his legal issues).

Pace gambled and he lost bad. It should cost him his job, but it probably wont.

The concept wasn't bad. The implementation was just straight trash. You had watson in 2018 and that bears team wins the superblow.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean, I knew this already, and the depth is going to be shit next year.

I do think the smarter play is to lock up Daniels if you can for 3-4 years and release Whitehair to wash that contract out after June 1st, and then draft your center and guard in rounds 2 and 3.

Spend your money to re-sign James and Horstead, a CB and a safety, and then whatever WRs around Mooney that are at least competent.

Re-sign Scales and Megapunt.

Of all of those, I think Daniels will end up being the most expensive, with the 2 WRs possibly next. The rest of those guys will be cheap, and you aren't looking to break the bank on a safety - you just want someone competent enough to not be totally embarrassing.

From that point on, as a team, you gotta rely on your scouts and backfill with UDFAs and low end quality players. I'd probably be raiding the practice squads of every team looking for potential gems, but with the idea that every one of who you get is disposable unless they show something good for the following year.

You can build a decent starting team that has zero depth for 2022. I'd look at the 2023 offseason to really make hay.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Dude's just weird. At first I thought he was just trolling, but eventually realized he's a legit idiot. Actually kind of sad, bc he's clearly seeking attention.

I wouldn't say he's an idiot, but like you said, he's 100% thirsty for attention.

We all post dumb shit, over the last few months he's been making it a point to do it and have people notice.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I mean, I knew this already, and the depth is going to be shit next year.

I do think the smarter play is to lock up Daniels if you can for 3-4 years and release Whitehair to wash that contract out after June 1st, and then draft your center and guard in rounds 2 and 3.

Spend your money to re-sign James and Horstead, a CB and a safety, and then whatever WRs around Mooney that are at least competent.

Re-sign Scales and Megapunt.

Of all of those, I think Daniels will end up being the most expensive, with the 2 WRs possibly next. The rest of those guys will be cheap, and you aren't looking to break the bank on a safety - you just want someone competent enough to not be totally embarrassing.

From that point on, as a team, you gotta rely on your scouts and backfill with UDFAs and low end quality players. I'd probably be raiding the practice squads of every team looking for potential gems, but with the idea that every one of who you get is disposable unless they show something good for the following year.

You can build a decent starting team that has zero depth for 2022. I'd look at the 2023 offseason to really make hay.

I think(havent checked in a bit) there is a lot of decent vet talent at G/C in FA this year. Sure, some guys on the wrong side of 30 but they could be good contributors for a year or two.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You never had a problem with me until I started criticizing Fields - very telling.

So logically I have mental & emotional issues now because i dont agree with you - makes sense.