Whos your final HC candidate?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
You've likely saw Daboll call a shit game last night against the pats but is that on him or mcdermott for the overall gameplan
Joe Brady was fired from his OC job with the panthers
Roman is solid but I still question his ability to catch up in games if the running game fails
Moore - is he ready to be a HC?
Turner - making WFT look good but not sure he's ready to be a HC
College Coaches - Day, Harbaugh, Fitzgerald, etc...

who ya got?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just made a post on this. Seriously, this is great, because for once, all the frauds are falling off with games to spare.

I hope, whomever we get, is ready to be a HEAD football coach. I want to see someone who can manage a game and has the offense and defense playing COMPLIMENTARY football.

I just don't know who is out there that I trust to do that. Not sold on Harbaugh, Fitzgerald is out (likely because he found out in back channels we wouldn't be getting the job anyway, thank God), the gurus are dying left and right....

Dare I say it.... is McDaniels the guy?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Nobody has mentioned Kevin McConnell. I think he's an interesting name who has worked for a few different guys, including McVey now.

Rise

Liked Posts:
No clear cut choices this year sadly. That doesn’t mean the right guy isn’t out there. From what I know I’d be happy with Harbaugh or Roman. Not overly thrilled but

I do not want Daboll he just has to many dud games with tons of talent.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After last night, I want McDaniels. Had to be hard to call only 3 passess, but they did what they needed to do to get the wind without taking a risk with a rookie QB in 40 mph winds.

The fact they have won throwing 30+times and less than 5 times shows that they actually do true game planning and call plays according to the abilities of the personnel.

Plus, I'm sure he learned from his last experience in Denver.

I doubt he becomes available because he can just wait until Bill retires.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think people are too wrapped up in the HC having to be an offense guy instead of him just being a good HC. As long as we get a staff that maximizes the faces of our franchises I’m good with whomever

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
After last night, I want McDaniels. Had to be hard to call only 3 passess, but they did what they needed to do to get the wind without taking a risk with a rookie QB in 40 mph winds.

The fact they have won throwing 30+times and less than 5 times shows that they actually do true game planning and call plays according to the abilities of the personnel.

Plus, I'm sure he learned from his last experience in Denver.

I doubt he becomes available because he can just wait until Bill retires.
Except this. McDaniels has had two chances and blew both, don’t let him ruin Field’s and Smith’s futures

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Personally? I'm quite happy it's not my job to make that call. I have many reservations about each candidate.

Chips down, Harbaugh and McDaniels have had the most success in the pros, and at least Roman would use our running backs well. My gut doesn't want to trust McD, so that makes my pick Harbaugh

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone with experience in success is my wish list. This includes harbaugh, Tomlin, Payton, etc. Even if they're under contract or with another team already. Point is, experience with success!

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I've said this before, but we have virtually no reference in this hiring.

Think about it. The only thing we have is the ability to google search that shows some previous roles. That's it. Each team, based on their ownership structure, nuance of city, preference for offense/defense is looking for some specific things. Let's just focus on what we don't know:
  • What does the job posting even look like? - Like I mentioned above, each positing is different, so without knowing what the team is looking for how can we start matching up candidates?
  • What does the applicant's resume look like? - This is actually important. What is the candidate putting on paper about what they want to do in relation to this job. It's not as simple as submitting a picture of Belichick in that stupid armless hoodie and photoshop someone's face in there.
  • How did the interview go? - This is where jobs are won and lost. As fans we are completely removed form this process.
  • Who's the decision maker for this hire within the organization? - Is it Pace, Phillips, a GM we know nothing about? This is pretty important.
Anyway, I get it's fun to discuss, but the shitty truth is as fans we have no perspective to even make an semi-informed recommendation. We are just parroting names we've heard before with nothing behind it.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also of note: Nagy hasn't been fired.
Thank u for reminding me...fuck

destroying-door.gif

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Someone who has a proven track record of developing a QB. Every guy will have a bad game from time to time, it's all about helping Fields realize his immense potential.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
McDaniels and it isn't even close. By far the most qualified candidate and the only guy with talent level of Belichick and Peyton.