Whos your final HC candidate?

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
You've likely saw Daboll call a shit game last night against the pats but is that on him or mcdermott for the overall gameplan
Joe Brady was fired from his OC job with the panthers
Roman is solid but I still question his ability to catch up in games if the running game fails
Moore - is he ready to be a HC?
Turner - making WFT look good but not sure he's ready to be a HC
College Coaches - Day, Harbaugh, Fitzgerald, etc...

who ya got?
Harbaugh

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not likely to get him, but Bill Cowher.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it's funny how people are jumping off the Daboll and Joe Brady trains. Personally, I'm still on Roman, Leftwich, Todd Bowles, Kellen Moore(his offense has struggled lately)

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except this. McDaniels has had two chances and blew both, don’t let him ruin Field’s and Smith’s futures
He was in Denver. We he HC at another team? I think he had 1 chance. His own head coach didn't succeed in Cleveland.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
McDaniels and it isn't even close. By far the most qualified candidate and the only guy with talent level of Belichick and Peyton.
I've said this before, but there are huge red flags around McDaniels:
  1. Denver was a disaster. He couldn't lead ants to a picnic.
  2. No NE coordinator has become a successful Head Coach - Before anyone says anything, Vrabel never coached in NE. he was Ohio St, then with the Texans.
  3. After Indy how can he be trusted? He unofficially was hired, started calling potential coordinator candidates, who quit their jobs only to find out McDaniels wasn't going there anymore. That might be one of the lowest character moves I've ever heard of.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are several I would find acceptable but no one really stands out.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
After last night, I want McDaniels. Had to be hard to call only 3 passess, but they did what they needed to do to get the wind without taking a risk with a rookie QB in 40 mph winds.

The fact they have won throwing 30+times and less than 5 times shows that they actually do true game planning and call plays according to the abilities of the personnel.

Plus, I'm sure he learned from his last experience in Denver.

I doubt he becomes available because he can just wait until Bill retires.

Here's everything I know plus some things I've heard rumored about McDaniels.

• He wants to be in control of whatever football team he runs, same as Belichick.
  • He did indeed shit the bed in Denver with bad decisions and a Napoleon complex
    • That said, he was fucking right about Jay Cutler
  • When it came to the Colts, it looked bad initially because the Colts GM, Chris Ballard, is on really good terms with a ton of people in the press (by his own design) and initial coverage was what Ballard leaked to his buddies in the media.
    • Hub Arkush last month revealed the real reason McDaniels bailed on the Colts, was because in the interview he was promised a certain degree of power over the team, power Ballard promised him in the interview, but when it came time to sign the contract, none of what Ballard promised was in the contract, and when asked to add it, Ballard balked. So McDaniels bounced. Paraphrasing most of this but Hub made it sound like Ballard was pulling some super shady shit.
  • Ideally, McDaniels wants control, and also wants his pick of GM in Jeff Ireland to help him get the players he needs, at least as per rumors. How that jives with the Colts the last time, people have speculated that part of what Ballard renegged on was bringing Ireland in and allowing him to assume control of the future drafts.
  • During the year when Nagy was ultimately hired, McDaniels was the Bears 2nd favorite choice and he got on really well with George and Ted. The issue at the time was that McDaniels wanted to bring in his own GM, and the Bears were still happy with Pace at that time, hence why they went with Nagy. If McDaniels would have been ok with Pace, he likely would have been their top choice.

The way I see it - clearing out Pace and Nagy clears the way for McDaniels and Ireland. The way all these coordinators are failing, and with New England succeeding in not just one way, but a multitude of different ways, makes McDaniels look more ready than the "hot names".

The 2 issues that will be most pressing are learning if he learned from his Denver stint, and if his hand-picked GM can deliver the goods in terms of players.

But the Bears are going to be the #1 coaching destination regardless - Already have a potential franchise QB that has shown glimpses of being very good, combined with an empty roster, thus allowing a coach to remake the team in his image quickly.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He was in Denver. We he HC at another team? I think he had 1 chance. His own head coach didn't succeed in Cleveland.
Indy was his second shot, he blew them off

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Indy was his second shot, he blew them off
There's some extenuating circumstances. Depends on if you believe Hub, but he was saying Ballard was shady as shit and not following through with things he promised McDaniels on the interview.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
MJY, are you McDaniels baby mama or something? the guy is trash and has been trash anytime he was outside of NE. None of the BB coaches have done anything outside of NE.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There's some extenuating circumstances. Depends on if you believe Hub, but he was saying Ballard was shady as shit and not following through with things he promised McDaniels on the interview.
I doubt that. Reich isn’t struggling, McDaniels doesn’t deserve shit like gm duties

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
MJY, are you McDaniels baby mama or something? the guy is trash and has been trash anytime he was outside of NE. None of the BB coaches have done anything outside of NE.

I just believe in being fair and giving a total picture. Even with McDaniels out of the picture, Ballard is known as a sleazy douche who gets close to media members in order to use them.

Personally - the hire would scare the hell out of me. If what Hub said was right and he learned from Denver, it could be a home run.

Or it could all go horribly wrong.

Total boom or bust hire....

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
McDaniels or Harbaugh..

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vrabel sucks? Flores isn't great but seems to be righting the ship in Miami, isn't he?

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I'd be happy Harbaugh, McDaniels, Bowles, etc.