Tevin Jenkins

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ.. the kid had ZERO preseason snaps, and his first real NFL action came on Sunday night where he was primarily lined up against the Packers' best pass rusher. Add to that, he had absolutely no reps with the first team this week.

I swear man, this fucking fanbase is ridiculous. Maybe give him a few games before demanding he gets pushed into a wood chipper.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought he looked very good but then the second half happened. First game with no prep time, hasn't played football in over a year. The last 4 games will be huge for him.

Once again, the coaching did him no favors.

First play after the Peters injury? 5 wide lmao. Clowns, fire them all.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Jenkins looked good to me (has a lot of potential). He had the penalties and gave up the sack but what did you expect with no pre season reps and coming off the bench against a very good Packers defense.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
He sucked but then, I can't imagine a worse scenario to get his first snaps in. I blame that on the coaches who put him in this position to fail more than him. He better get real fucking good, real fucking quick though. And if he can't be good, then he better be nasty.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jesus Christ.. the kid had ZERO preseason snaps, and his first real NFL action came on Sunday night where he was primarily lined up against the Packers' best pass rusher. Add to that, he had absolutely no reps with the first team this week.

I swear man, this fucking fanbase is ridiculous. Maybe give him a few games before demanding he gets pushed into a wood chipper.

Remember - same people who thought Quinn was a bust last year and were chanting "Bustin Fields" earlier this year...

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I thought he looked very good but then the second half happened. First game with no prep time, hasn't played football in over a year. The last 4 games will be huge for him.

Once again, the coaching did him no favors.

First play after the Peters injury? 5 wide lmao. Clowns, fire them all.

This is where I am at. God forbid I take the situation into consideration when judging the young man. I thought for where he was and what the situation was, he did ok for his first outing. Still not good enough overall, but he had no training camp and was tossed to the wolves, so I don't know what people expect?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Jenkins looked good to me (has a lot of potential). He had the penalties and gave up the sack but what did you expect with no pre season reps and coming off the bench against a very good Packers defense.
Really? I can understand not bashing him because he's had no reps but he didn't look good. His feet are slow. He had 4 penalties and got abused for a strip sack. So can he get better? Obviously. Did he look even passable? Not at all

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Peters has been good, but he is on borrowed time. Almost like his injury history coincided perfectly with Tevens health.

I was excited for him to get some reps. As you would expect, they threw some wrinkles at him and the result was a mixed bag.

Plenty for him to work on and review from that film. He is the absolute key for the Bears offense outside of Fields. Get him and Fields on a rookie contract balling out is going to open a window for a SB run, because you can throw money elsewhere like a fool.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Yeah he had some rookie moments, but hopefully he will start the last four games. Honestly I thought he looked pretty good in the first half.

And should he be getting reps at RT, or is that something that should be settled in TC next year?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Lol, don’t take it personal kid. This is a fan message board.
Don't worry. I'm more insulted by people saying he looked good. The most reasonable response on his performance is realizing he's had zero reps so you can't take a lot from it other than there is a lot of work for him to do getting up to speed

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't worry. I'm more insulted by people saying he looked good. The most reasonable response on his performance is realizing he's had zero reps so you can't take a lot from it other than there is a lot of work for him to do getting up to speed

I agree, I’m just having a little fun on the board. I definitely hope Jenkins turns out to be a PB left tackle.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Good mobility for a guy his size down field. His knee bend and lateral agility in pass sets were not good. Hopefully that is from lack of flexibility due to back issues and not playing for a while.

One of his holding penalties came on a play where he was fucking split out like a WR and one on one with a CB in space. Seriously who the fuck does that even with a guy who is healthy and experienced? I couldn't believe that.

I thought he did well when bullrushed, which is a extremely important for a LT. He got beat bad on a dip and rip, which is going to be trouble for a guy with flexibility issues. He also set way too shallow on that play, which is probably due to inexperience and not engaging the DE right off the snap.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully he'll play more for ARob next week....the other team will be so freaked out with Nagy’s amazing trickery

Last edited: