Nagy: Could Move Borom to LT and Teven to RT

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And what to do with Mustipher? Tackles are the least of Bears problems. Mustipher sucks.

He does but he gave up 2 pressures last night. Whitehair gave up 7 and Daniels 6. It was Daniels on the last pick who got pushed back into Fields resulting in him being unable to follow thru on the pass.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A bunch of posters here bought it.

IF Jenkins is simply an RT...that trade up was another bungle by Pace. No other GM would package a 2nd & 3rd for a RT. No other fan base would try to defend it.
That's simply untrue. GMs take RTs and Gs in the 1st round so the value could easily be there. Most of this board was pissed Quinton Nelson didn't fall to us at the 8th pick in round 1. I preferred who we got but Nelson was a concensus early 1st round pick. As for Teven, I was fine with it since he had a 1st round grade at the time and we got him with a 2nd round value of picks. If he turns into a solid RT and gets a 2nd deal here he's absolutely worth the vig. LT and he's a steal. Meh player and gone in 3/4 years makes it a fail.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I definitely argued with you on the trade ups. If borom and Jenkins are our rt and lt I'm still good with it regardless of who plays where
Thanks.

I do trade barbs with guys here, but at least you're honest.

I don't usually get emotional about football, but last night I was nauseous. I really feel like if Fields is just good we're in for a rough 3 years minimum.

Pace completely neglected the defense last draft and it shows. Defense is on the down swing and will need to be rebuilt.

I'm so tired of incompetence with this organization. Every 3 or 4 years...then flush and repeat.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He does but he gave up 2 pressures last night. Whitehair gave up 7 and Daniels 6. It was Daniels on the last pick who got pushed back into Fields resulting in him being unable to follow thru on the pass.
Whitehair lacks the anchor but Daniels is more disappointing simply because he has the appropriate physical traits just seems soft. Doesn't lack aggression but seem easily moved/spun.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's simply untrue. GMs take RTs and Gs in the 1st round so the value could easily be there. Most of this board was pissed Quinton Nelson didn't fall to us at the 8th pick in round 1. I preferred who we got but Nelson was a concensus early 1st round pick. As for Teven, I was fine with it since he had a 1st round grade at the time and we got him with a 2nd round value of picks. If he turns into a solid RT and gets a 2nd deal here he's absolutely worth the vig. LT and he's a steal. Meh player and gone in 3/4 years makes it a fail.
I'll just avoid the 10 page back and forth and say this.

I don't care what the draft calculus is. Yes, I'm aware of the math. It's not a science.

OUR TEAM'S circumstances were that we needed REAL talent & depth all over the roster. We needed bodies to patch holes more than anything. We've got "meh" players all over the place. 5th rounders starting kinda shit.

So what does Pace do? Desperately trades up twice, loses picks in the process...and neither guy he traded up for has looked special. That's what you trade up for - special players, not projects.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll just avoid the 10 page back and forth and say this.

I don't care what the draft calculus is. Yes, I'm aware of the math. It's not a science.

OUR TEAM'S circumstances were that we needed REAL talent & depth all over the roster. We needed bodies to patch holes more than anything. We've got "meh" players all over the place. 5th rounders starting kinda shit.

So what does Pace do? Desperately trades up twice, loses picks in the process...and neither guy he traded up for has looked special. That's what you trade up for - special players, not projects.
Of course you do. When you miss, it's a fail but when you say that a RT can't be worth it, you're simply wrong and now changing context as usual. Stating some random truths doesn't make that statement that you can't trade up for a RT false, especially when he was a player you wanted in 1 before the draft happened.:rolleyes:

It's amazing how you can always be right, even when you take both sides of an argument. Now go ahead tag me for a while with out of context bullshit so I can have more shitstain entertainment.

Last edited:

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Borom gave up 8 pressures. Jenkins gave up 7. Not sure switching them at this point makes sense if Jenkins has practiced mostly at LT and Borom at RT. It is likely that the only reasons Jenkins gave up 2 sacks while Borom gave up 0 is because Fields can see pressure coming from Borom. Both played poorly.

Jenkins gave up the sack, strip that ended up putting the game out of reach... Also, he was called for 4 penalties (2 false starts and 2 holding) to Borom's zero.

If you watched him, Jenkins could've been called for holding on almost every pass play... Lucky he only got 2.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course you do. When you miss, it's a fail but when you say that a RT can't be worth it, you're simply wrong and now changing context as usual.
Fair enough. If he can stay healthy and lock down RT for 10 years it was worth it.

But I wouldn't have done that.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Whitehair lacks the anchor but Daniels is more disappointing simply because he has the appropriate physical traits just seems soft. Doesn't lack aggression but seem easily moved/spun.
wasn't Daniels actually an undersized prospect? Didn't he lack strength coming into the NFL?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
wasn't Daniels actually an undersized prospect? Didn't he lack strength coming into the NFL?
He was young and considered to have average strength at the time, is currently good size for the spot.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yes, but he was barely 20 years old. There will be OL drafted this upcoming draft who are older than him.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
especially when he was a player you wanted in 1 before the draft happened.:rolleyes:

It's amazing how you can always be right, even when you take both sides of an argument. Now go ahead tag me for a while with out of context bullshit so I can have more shitstain entertainment.
Me wanting Jenkins in the 1st has been debunked. Other posters have admitted as much. Repeating lies doesn't make it true. It was debunked with screenshots of my post. I simply echoed that draft experts had us taking Jenkins in the 1st. Nothing more.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Fact is, neither Jenkins or Borum are proven starters at this point. Mustipher is a backup or project at worst. That leaves three spots on the line that need fixed. Let Borum and Jenkins Battle it out for RT, and bring in a vet LT and Center. This has to be the first priority in the off-season. Can't have that much inexperience on the line at same time your trying to protect a rook QB

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jenkins gave up the sack, strip that ended up putting the game out of reach... Also, he was called for 4 penalties (2 false starts and 2 holding) to Borom's zero.

If you watched him, Jenkins could've been called for holding on almost every pass play... Lucky he only got 2.

The point wasnt that Jenkins was good. It was that Borom sucked at RT too. Jenkins problems seemed attrituble to this being his first real game action.

By contrast Borom started out well but has struggled quite a bit the last few games.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Look at New England, it's no surprise Mac is balling out. They have a DOMINANT offensive line that keeps him clean. They can also pound the rock right at you so that keeps the D on their heels a bit. You can have all the toys, best WRs,and gimmick BS in yhe world but unless the line can give enough time it doesn't matter.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Me wanting Jenkins in the 1st has been debunked. Other posters have admitted as much. Repeating lies doesn't make it true. It was debunked with screenshots of my post. I simply echoed that draft experts had us taking Jenkins in the 1st. Nothing more.
Fine, I'll take your word for it but then at least it goes to value, doesn't it?

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I do think the Jenkins pick was still a good move. Long-term if this back thing isn't a reoccurring thing it was a smart gamble.