George Pickens, WR, Georgia

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It must suck being a WR for Georgia, Kirby Smart will constantly stick with a game manager QB regardless if it keeps failing instead of the 5 star recruit he has on the bench

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It must suck being a WR for Georgia, Kirby Smart will constantly stick with a game manager QB regardless if it keeps failing instead of the 5 star recruit he has on the bench
Looking forward watching Pickens vs Michigan. Sounds like he will get full reps after being limited since coming back.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
It didn’t seem like you were based on your initial response. Good to know.

Are you suggesting the Bears stop drafting WR. They haven’t spent many premium picks there. White was huge bust. Alshon was a great pick in the 2nd.

You don’t seem very solution oriented. Seem content splattering your vag juices all over the board.
The best thing to help Fields is a better offensive line, that by extension, helps Monty and Herbert.

Seems like every year posters complain about the offensive line....then want some flashy WR in the draft.

What would really help Fields? Stop putting the ball on the ground. Let's work on that.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don’t think anyone should be comfortable with Jenkins or Borom protecting Fields’ blindside and I doubt the Bears will be either. They need to solidify LT. I am not talking about replacement, you shuffle Jenkins and Borom into other positions. One will be needed for RT. Jenkins could be a dominant RG. Whitehair looks cooked. Daniels is inconsistent and a free agent. Center is a huge need as Mustipher is replacement level. Lot of things need to be worked out on the Bears oline. But I will be very surprised if Jenkins and Borom are the starting tackles next year.
That call on Jenkins and Borom is way too early. Jenkins showed some real promise and a bit of nasty against the Vikings. Borom has had some good games against excellent competition. The smart thing is to get both of these guys stronger and making sure they’re not eating like frat boys.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The best thing to help Fields is a better offensive line, that by extension, helps Monty and Herbert.

Seems like every year posters complain about the offensive line....then want some flashy WR in the draft.

What would really help Fields? Stop putting the ball on the ground. Let's work on that.
The bears need to address both oline and wr in a big way. Read.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The bears need to address both oline and wr in a big way. Read.
He doesn’t understand we don’t have WRs next year besides Mooney and not only do we have the draft but F.A as well

gopher72

Liked Posts:
4.73 is Pickens estimated time from high school. That's a recruiting page in that screenshot. I could see him running in the low 4.6s, but I could also see him running in the high 4.4s. Of course, if he runs 4.6, you'll never see him run a 40. If he declares, he can definitely blame the injury for not running for teams. His speed isn't his calling card, though I think he has enough of it. His agility will determine how good of a WR he is at the next level. If he's able to separate, he has true #1 upside. I'm honestly not sure if he cracks round 1, even if he was healthy. I don't think he's as good a prospect as the top 4-5 guys in this class, but still a really good prospect.
I suspect 4.6 gets u a slow slot receiver.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
He doesn’t understand we don’t have WRs next year besides Mooney and not only do we have the draft but F.A as well
Right, I don't understand. That's why I said FA WR.

Reading comprehension or strawman with you like always.

Dpaw

Liked Posts:
I’ll go with an offensive lineman with chronic knee or back issues in round 2.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

I want a vet center that’s knows wtf they are doing from day one

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Right, I don't understand. That's why I said FA WR.

Reading comprehension or strawman with you like always.
What about FA OL? You know it doesn’t always have to be black and white

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We can do that?

Wow. You're sooooo smart!
Thanks! I figured you didn’t know since you were complaining about us drafting a WR when we need those too. If you need anymore guidance well you can ask anyone

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I don’t think anyone should be comfortable with Jenkins or Borom protecting Fields’ blindside and I doubt the Bears will be either. They need to solidify LT. I am not talking about replacement, you shuffle Jenkins and Borom into other positions. One will be needed for RT. Jenkins could be a dominant RG. Whitehair looks cooked. Daniels is inconsistent and a free agent. Center is a huge need as Mustipher is replacement level. Lot of things need to be worked out on the Bears oline. But I will be very surprised if Jenkins and Borom are the starting tackles next year.
I mean, I do understand all of this, but you have to consider the resources available. If you want to solidify LT and get a new C, then the opportunity cost of doing all that is missing out on talent at WR, CB, etc. either early in the draft or in free agency. FA LT, Whitehair, FA C, Jenkins, Borom may be a really good OL but you're also walking away from a 24-year old OG, having his best season only to replace him with an older player (literally every FA is older than him) or a draft pick (he was a drafted C that didn't work out either).

But I could never complain about resources being spent on the OL. Be a welcome change from the Pace regime (if there is a new GM). If you spend the money on the OL in free agency, you can then go into the draft and pick WR and CB early. Those are positions you want young talent in anyway, so it could very well work out better than any other strategy. But a good FA LT will cost you 16-20Mil/year in free agency. Anything less than Orlando Brown Jr or Terron Armstead and you might as well keep Borom/Jenkins there than to spend on the 2nd tier OTs.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
What @PrideisBears doesn't understand is that Mustipher is not an NFL starter. He also doesn't understand that James Daniels is an FA. Pride is Bears also doesn't understand that Cody Whitehair's base salary goes up 8 times what it was this year.

Pride is Bears also doesn't understand that Jason Peters is a 40 yr old FA. And he certainly doesn't understand that Teven Jenkins cannot stay on the field.

Oh, and PiB doesn't understand that Wilkerson is an FA too....but hey! Let's draft a WR that's had a torn ACL!

Brilliant!

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What @PrideisBears doesn't understand is that Mustipher is not an NFL starter. He also doesn't understand that James Daniels is an FA. Pride is Bears also doesn't understand that Cody Whitehair's base salary goes up 8 times what it was this year.

Pride is Bears also doesn't understand that Jason Peters is a 40 yr old FA. And he certainly doesn't understand that Teven Jenkins cannot stay on the field.

Oh, and PiB doesn't understand that Wilkerson is an FA too....but hey! Let's draft a WR!

Brilliant!
Lol but I do understand all this but also understand the OL FA is better than the WR one. I know you have a reputation for being constantly wrong with your terrible Mitch predictions and everything else but it’s ok ??. I’m here for you