2021-2022 IGT Masterthread

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I think it has more to do with size limitations than anything else. It will always hamper him defensively.
Yeah I actually like coby and think he's a hard worker and a good person but like you said, he has his limitations.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It actually becomes easier to trade him the better he plays. Again, we’ve seen flashes of this from coby before…maybe he does sustain it this time, but I’d rather that be another teams gamble, personally

It's easier to trade him from the pov that other teams will want him, but it becomes harder to trade him from the pov of he's playing well for us, he's winning us games and you risk wrecking the locker room chemistry a bit.

I mean I even see Coby and Ayo dapping it up after a good play. This is supposedly the guy that is meant to replace Coby and they seem like they've hit it off

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
give it another week, means give it a week from today. That would be 3 games…but you already knew this…
I'd argue through next week. They play Wizards, @Mavericks, Pistons, @Nets, Warriors, and @Celtics.

Really good testing grounds for him. Even the week beyond that will continue to show what he has with @Grizzlies (your game), Cavs, and @Bucks.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think it has more to do with size limitations than anything else. It will always hamper him defensively.
Many of players with Cobys size have been good defenders. While I agree he’ll never be a lebron stopper I think it’s very premature to say he’ll never be a good defender because of his size. He’s a 6’4 combo guard. That’s par for the course. It’s not like he’s spud Webb lol

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Many of players with Cobys size have been good defenders. While I agree he’ll never be a lebron stopper I think it’s very premature to say he’ll never be a good defender because of his size. He’s a 6’4 combo guard. That’s par for the course. It’s not like he’s spud Webb lol
I said it’s a limitation, didn’t say it can’t be overcome

and it’s not just his height(which there’s no way he’s actually 6’4) lol

it’s also his arm length

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I said it’s a limitation, didn’t say it can’t be overcome

and it’s not just his height(which there’s no way he’s actually 6’4) lol

it’s also his arm length
Well, obviously time will tell. He’s listed as 6’4 though and it seems about right. Either way…

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well, obviously time will tell. He’s listed as 6’4 though and it seems about right. Either way…
If he’s actually 3 inches taller than DRose, I’d be shocked

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
His arms are short but he does a pretty decent job getting past lengthier defenders to finish lay ups. He's got a quick first step

Enasic

Liked Posts:
If he’s actually 3 inches taller than DRose, I’d be shocked
I’ve seen rose listed between 6’2.5 and 6’3 with shoes so you’re right, he’s not 3 inches taller than rose

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think this depends on what their expectations are. I would think you could use a shooter/scorer like Coby if you want to get by the likes of GS or Phoenix with all their fire power. But on the other hand, if you don't get some size/bulk upfront to offset all the penetration that teams are going with against the Bulls.....you won't get to GS or Phoenix anyway.

At least we're not looking to Gar/Pax for the solution.....I'm fairly certain AK and company will figure it out.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’ve seen rose listed between 6’2.5 and 6’3 with shoes so you’re right, he’s not 3 inches taller than rose

Try again…without shoes he is 6’1

And the NBA now measures everyone without shoes, before you go getting your panties in a twist about measuring rose without shoes and Coby with or some nonsense

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Try again…without shoes he is 6’1

And the NBA now measures everyone without shoes, before you go getting your panties in a twist about measuring rose without shoes and Coby with or some nonsense
I said with shoes because basketball is played in shoes lol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I said with shoes because basketball is played in shoes lol
Then I guess coby is 6’5 with shoes on, since the NBA does measurements without shoes on…even though the game is played in shoes

my bad for providing NBA measurements

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And thus, they are claiming coby is 3 inches taller than DRose, as I claimed…according to the official measurements

and I find that hard to believe
Correction, they are claiming that Coby is 3 inches taller with shoes than Rose is without shoes. That I can find believable

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Correction, they are claiming that Coby is 3 inches taller with shoes than Rose is without shoes. That I can find believable
No, all NBA listed heights are done without shoes now, as of 2019. They list Coby as 6’4, that would be without shoes. Shoes add almost another inch
Go read the article I posted, it gives you this info

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
With shoes
Coby 6’5
Rose 6’2

Without shoes(their nba listed heights)
Coby 6’4
Rose 6’1

you are correct, though…Coby is actually like 2 7/8 inches taller. I was just making things easier and calling it 3

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Rose is 6’2 1/2 in shoes
White is 6’4 3/4 in shoes

I still contend that Coby doesn’t have physical limitations that will prevent him from developing into a good defender. He may never be that guy….but it won’t be because of physical limitations

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose is 6’2 1/2 in shoes
White is 6’4 3/4 in shoes

I still contend that Coby doesn’t have physical limitations that will prevent him from developing into a good defender. He may never be that guy….but it won’t be because of physical limitations
That's basically all that needs be said. White is like the same size as Marcus Smart and Caruso, I don't care about an inch or two difference with or without shoes, that's not going to make or break you as a defender for your position. Getting to that level of defense requires a lot of brains and a lot of effort. If Coby lacks either of those, he's doomed already.