2021-2022 IGT Masterthread

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I like rooting for the little guy. Mugsy Bogues was my hero in the 90s and Nate Robinson is one of my all-time favorite Bulls.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
That's basically all that needs be said. White is like the same size as Marcus Smart and Caruso, I don't care about an inch or two difference with or without shoes, that's not going to make or break you as a defender for your position. Getting to that level of defense requires a lot of brains and a lot of effort. If Coby lacks either of those, he's doomed already.
Yep. Effort and awareness are the big factors. I’ve noticed he’s been moving his feet better as well, which is obviously pivotal to defense. He’s been overall in better position both on and off the ball defensively.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
On that link, it says "Kevin Durant: from 6'9" to 6"10." Somehow Durant's shoes made him lose an inch!

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
On that link, it says "Kevin Durant: from 6'9" to 6"10." Somehow Durant's shoes made him lose an inch!
yes, Durant had been lying about his height before they did these measurements to make himself seem shorter. A rare instance where a player wanted to be perceived shorter, because it makes his shots seem more impressive

Nelly

Liked Posts:
yes, Durant had been lying about his height before they did these measurements to make himself seem shorter. A rare instance where a player wanted to be perceived shorter, because it makes his shots seem more impressive
Yea I know I just thought it was funny.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Didn't Joakim Noah want to be the same at 6'11? I recall him not wanting to be a 7 footer for some reason.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Didn't Joakim Noah want to be the same at 6'11? I recall him not wanting to be a 7 footer for some reason.
Probably so

alot of guys right at that 7 foot mark, end up liking to say they are 6’11 for some reason. It’s like the only guys that wanna claim 7 foot club, are the ones that claim to be like 7’5 or whatever.

in the NBA there are no guys 7’ to 7’2…youre either 6’11 or 7’3 and above lol

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I feel he has only increased his trade value and it couldn't be perfect timing. Look at what has happened in Houston. Maybe we could make a package to snipe both Wood and KPJ from them. People are so trained to the old GarPax ways. They fall in love with drafted players to easily and don't want to trade them to get better. The NBA is filled with Cobys.

Actually the nba is not filled with Cobys

I would love to see the list of 20 years old with his numbers that are not highly regarded by their teams ?

Wood and KPJ is exactly a GarPax move LOL . Hey everyone we had some success lets toss in some malcontents we can fix after all weve been good for 90 days now .

The Bulls wont touch those guys on anything but a buyout signing .

No one is in love with Coby but unless you get a solid contributor who is also a good teammate they wont just get desperate and grab anything .

They are far more likely to grab someone off a buyout and allow Coby and TBJ to continue raise their values in hopes of being able to really chase a star at draft time .

DJJ 9.7 mil expiring

Coby 21 yrs old 5.8 mil
TBJ 21 yrs old 5.1 team option
P. Will 20 yrs old 7.4 mil

Now do you think they will dump Coby in 3 weeks or wait and see if someone is interested in cap relief(DJJ) and a pick at the deadline ?

The fact that they retained McKinnie also points to DJJ being the one more than likely moved

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
AK was on the radio this morning.. KC Johnson has retweeted much of what he has said:

In particular, regarding a trade:
Asked about trade deadline, AK said: "I like this group a lot. We're competing right now. It's a new group. We're still learning."

AK said he likes team's mental toughness but we're "open to any possibilities and we'll listen."

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

I would love to see the list of 20 years old with his numbers that are not highly regarded by their teams ?

Wood and KPJ is exactly a GarPax move LOL . Hey everyone we had some success lets toss in some malcontents we can fix after all weve been good for 90 days now .

No one is in love with Coby but unless you get a solid contributor who is also a good teammate they wont just get desperate and grab anything .

They are far more likely to grab someone off a buyout and allow Coby and TBJ to continue raise their values in hopes of being able to really chase a star at draft time .

DJJ 9.7 mil expiring

Coby 21 yrs old 5.8 mil

Now do you think they will dump Coby in 3 weeks or wait and see if someone is interested in cap relief(DJJ) and a pick at the deadline ?

The fact that they retained McKinnie also points to DJJ being the one more than likely moved
DJJ and a pick won’t get the bulls much, as most guys that are “star” quality have contracts much higher than DJJ’s 9.7 mil

that’s why guys like Troy brown and Coby are mentioned with DJJ, it’s for salary matching

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes

DJJ 9.7 mil expiring

Coby 21 yrs old 5.8 mil

Such a specific question to ask but surprisingly I found your answer and Coby is 21 but i can get 20yr olds as well: 21 Year Old NBA Players In 2022 | StatMuse

I actually meant players like Coby in the league regardless of age. There are a lot that can average 10/2/2 and get hot over a stretch of time.

As for the two players I have mentioned. Wood would be the real target. He would fill a need and as you can see in the link KPJ's numbers are a bit better than Coby's except for +/- which leads to my next point. Houston is in turmoil right now and a bad team. Do you think this would have happened with a better organization with solid veteran leadership? What's happening over there is what happened to us while Garpax was running the show. Even Lavine showed defiance by refusing to go in once that I know of. Does this put him in that same category or make him a malcontent?

Finally, I'll counter the statement, "Wood and KPJ is exactly a GarPax move LOL" with an emphatic NO. Staying pat and not doing anything to try and make this team better utilizing the assets they have is a GarPax move. I did not say Wood and KPJ are the answer, I meant it could be an option.

Last edited:

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Such a specific question to ask but surprisingly I found your answer and Coby is 21 but i can get 20yr olds as well: 21 Year Old NBA Players In 2022 | StatMuse

I actually meant players like Coby in the league regardless of age. There are a lot that can average 10/2/2 and get hot over a stretch of time.

As for the two players I have mentioned. Wood would be the real target. He would fill a need and as you can see in the link KPJ's numbers are a bit better than Coby's except for +/- which leads to my next point. Houston is in turmoil right now and a bad team. Do you think this would have happened with a better organization with solid veteran leadership? What's happening over there is what happened to us while Garpax was running the show. Even Lavine showed defiance by refusing to go in once that I know of. Does this put him in that same category or make him a malcontent?

Finally, I'll counter the statement, "Wood and KPJ is exactly a GarPax move LOL" with an emphatic NO. Staying pat and not doing anything to try and make this team better utilizing the assets they have is a GarPax move. I did not say Wood and KPJ are the answer, I meant it could be an option.

but age is a factor because Coby is only in his 3rd season and its the first 5 weeks hes been in a winning environment since hes been in the league .

KPJ caused trouble on the team he was on before Houston and in college and hes a large part of the problem in Houston as is Woods whose been known a a huge pouter since hes been in the league and attitude is one of the reasons why he went undrafted .

Woods and KPJ could never be an option for the assets that Houston would want . Its not simply numbers its about fit as well and one of the reasons for the the Bulls current success is fit because everyone has bought in and you just cant ignore that for the sake of simply making a move just to make one .

The Bulls could get what they need to improve the team without having to dump the their young players before they even get to see is they could make a leap in the new environment.

Considering they will be the top destination for any big man buyout in a few weeks it makes no sense to give away assets unless you are sure of the return you are getting.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
DJJ and a pick won’t get the bulls much, as most guys that are “star” quality have contracts much higher than DJJ’s 9.7 mil

that’s why guys like Troy brown and Coby are mentioned with DJJ, it’s for salary matching

DJ and a pick puts you at

Bagley
Nance Jr

after that you are looking

Barnes 20 million
Grant 20 million
Sabonis/ Turner 18 million

and after that you are heading into Vuc territory as even that 18 million puts you in the top 60 of nba salary.

The Bulls are not gonna be shopping like that with Zachs signing coming up this summer unless a team is giving the player away to shed salary

Montrez
Covington
Tristan Thomas

and quite a few more are expiring and and will likely be bought out after the deadline passes as well.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Bagley
Nance Jr

Barnes 20 million
Grant 20 million

and after that you are heading into Vuc territory as even that 18 million puts you in the top 60 of nba salary.

The Bulls are not gonna be shopping like that with Zachs signing coming up this summer unless a team is giving the player away to shed salary

Montrez
Covington
Tristan Thomas

and quite a few more are expiring and and will likely be bought out after the deadline passes as well.
So like I said…DJJ and a pick isn’t going to get the bulls much lol

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes

Bagley
Nance Jr

Barnes 20 million
Grant 20 million

Montrez
Covington
Tristan Thomas

Why in the world would Portland give up Nance for DJJ and a pick after they gave us DJJ and a pick just to get Nance?

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Why in the world would Portland give up Nance for DJJ and a pick after they gave us DJJ and a pick just to get Nance?

Im not saying they would but those are some of the bigs that will be available and the cap ranges

Thats why the Bulls will more than likely be players in the buyout market unless a bonafide starter becomes available at a must have steal of a price .

AKME was on the score yesterday and I think he made it quite clear how important the chemistry of this team was right now . I don't think is gonna be trading all his young guys for rentals after only 40 games so they will look hard but look to make a move at the draft. The team has been together 90 days I don't see him making a move that takes away any flexibility when Lavines deal is looming .

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Im not saying they would but those are some of the bigs that will be available and the cap ranges

Thats why the Bulls will more than likely be players in the buyout market unless a bonafide starter becomes available at a must have steal of a price .

AKME was on the score yesterday and I think he made it quite clear how important the chemistry of this team was right now . I don't think is gonna be trading all his young guys for rentals after only 40 games so they will look hard but look to make a move at the draft. The team has been together 90 days I don't see him making a move that takes away any flexibility when Lavines deal is looming .
I agree that akme isn’t going to be in a hurry to disrupt chemistry. The move has to make absolute sense. I think they can win the ship currently constructed. Not saying they wouldn’t make a move, but don’t think they’re going to rush a trade and send out players like Williams/Coby unless it’s for an all-star caliber player.