Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Champ Kelly. McCaskeys are loyal and try to keep it in house.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
if that happens, then say goodbye of the chance of having Rick Smith as your GM. Would never work as too many decisions would be ultimately made by Pace and George.
That’s who I want, but when did the McCaskeys do anything remotely makes sense. They took Pace over Ballard. Allowed Emery to take Trestman over Arians. When does the bears org. ever did something right after Halas died?

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
That’s who I want, but when did the McCaskeys do anything remotely makes sense. They took Pace over Ballard. Allowed Emery to take Trestman over Arians. When does the bears org. ever did something right after Halas died?
its because they know nothing about the game or talent. Get outside help to look for a GM... get outside help to look for a new coach, GM /President. Then ultimately they probably ignore all the recommendations at the end.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that's the safe bet. Bears gonna promote the Teflon con to make it look like real change is coming.

Kelly will become the next guy in line for Pace to throw under the bus. It's all "collaboration, collaboration, collaboration" until the failure happens, then its anyone but Pace.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not sure why so many hate the fact pace might get promoted.

He sucks, but is well respected in the league. Maybe that nets him a quality HC/GM?

Or maybe he mitch trubisky matt nagy's us again.

I'd honestly much rather he go upstairs to deal with more of the numbers and less of the player talent. A full clean would be best but Idk if thats happenin.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Not sure why so many hate the fact pace might get promoted.

He sucks, but is well respected in the league. Maybe that nets him a quality HC/GM?

Or maybe he mitch trubisky matt nagy's us again.

I'd honestly much rather he go upstairs to deal with more of the numbers and less of the player talent. A full clean would be best but Idk if thats happenin.
Says who??

If/when Pace stays or gets promoted it’ll just be further confirmation of how unserious the Bears are.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Says who??

If/when Pace stays or gets promoted it’ll just be further confirmation of how unserious the Bears are.

I kinda see it otherwise. None of us work in an NFL FO so we don't really know how they think but...

To me it seems like Pace is really respected around the league. Him getting promoted, imo, is a good image for the rest of the GM/coaching candidates as far as treatment of internal employees in the organization.

That being said, I don't think it matters if pace is promoted to president or fired. The next GM/HC is coming here or not coming here based on if he thinks they can make fields a legend in this city.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
If Smith is actually a good GM candidate, he would welcome input and not be afraid of it…
Thats not the point here. My point is, Smith has proven his track record while Pace and surely George have not. Input is a normal process, yes, but to what extent will the ultimate decision lie in Pace/George's word, rather than Smith's? I just dont see George working well with a guy that will circles around him. Plus you got Pace who if he moves up to the President position will have more say on decisions that he has yet to succeed in these past years as a GM.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Thats not the point here. My point is, Smith has proven his track record while Pace and surely George have not. Input is a normal process, yes, but to what extent will the ultimate decision lie in Pace/George's word, rather than Smith's? I just dont see George working well with a guy that will circles around him. Plus you got Pace who if he moves up to the President position will have more say on decisions that he has yet to succeed in these past years as a GM.

Do we even know if George isn't going to sell the team once ginny finally passes? She's like what? Omelets age?

I'm kinda expecting it to happen, tbh.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
if that happens, then say goodbye of the chance of having Rick Smith as your GM. Would never work as too many decisions would be ultimately made by Pace and George.
We`d be in the same place we are now. I have to be honest, i have little faith at this point that this organization gets this right any time soon.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
its because they know nothing about the game or talent. Get outside help to look for a GM... get outside help to look for a new coach, GM /President. Then ultimately they probably ignore all the recommendations at the end.

Exactly. Why get outside consultants to help you since you can't do it yourself if you just ignore their advice and do it yourself anyways?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pace is the new Phillips. Get ready for another 2 decades of collaboration

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pace is the new Phillips. Get ready for another 2 decades of collaboration

Not even close.

I'm not trying to defend pace, but i guess I'm doing so. His resume has more than enough to be fired, but also has enough to not completely scratch your head if he gets promoted.

Phillips is an accountant as team president. Pace, no matter if he's shitty or not, is still a "football guy". He's done every leg of the process.

If its pace or a clean house, I just want someone at the top who has ACTUALLY seen what building an NFL roster takes.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Making a trade with one shitty GM= well respected around the league. Got it.

Its literally the only player you give a fuck about on the bears. Or pretty much anyone does.

There is a very real possibility you could have fields on the vikings right now and mond on the bears if we didn't have pace

Im not saying I want pace here, because I'd prefer him gone. I also don't think promoting him to president is a net loss. He's better for that role than sweaty teddy. I'd prefer a clean sweep, but I'd also prefer pace as president over GM.