Uh-oh: Mitch vs Fields rookie year.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
We get it, you don’t like Fields and hold him to the same standard everybody was holding Mitch to in year 4.

You may have missed the memo (or just ignored it because fancy ‘book learnin’ isn’t for you) but the kid’s allowed to make mistakes and learn from them, and then grow.

That’s a bit hard to do when you get over dramatic of mistakes in year 1 and won’t let it go. Everybody agrees he needs to protect the ball and adjust to nfl game speeds and to an offense/scheme that doesn’t properly utilize him or put him in the best position to succeed.

Your schtick is tired. Find a hobby. Or go make a super trade down clown show mock draft like some idiots.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Well since Fields' season is over, and meatballs seem certain "the arrow is pointing up," let's do a side-by-side between Mitch and Fields.

CCS loves talking about average yards in the air...lol - Mitch was better.

View attachment 16559

The way the arrow is point up stats work is that you look at the break down on the stats over time. Simply looking at the overall numbers doesn't tell you if there was a trend. Fields had two really bad games vs CLE and TB in Sep and October that drag down his overall numbers. He bounced back the next week both times and generally was playing a lot better in Nov/Dec than he did in Sep/Oct. So yes, the arrow is pointing up and his numbers have been trending up.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
We get it, you don’t like Fields and hold him to the same standard everybody was holding Mitch to in year 4.

You may have missed the memo (or just ignored it because fancy ‘book learnin’ isn’t for you) but the kid’s allowed to make mistakes and learn from them, and then grow.

That’s a bit hard to do when you get over dramatic of mistakes in year 1 and won’t let it go. Everybody agrees he needs to protect the ball and adjust to nfl game speeds and to an offense/scheme that doesn’t properly utilize him or put him in the best position to succeed.

Your schtick is tired. Find a hobby. Or go make a super trade down clown show mock draft like some idiots.
I have nothing against Fields and want him to be good because he qbs my team.

The side-by-side comparison to Mitch is what it is - unbiased. It's not saying what Fields will be, but what he is so far production wise.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

The side-by-side comparison to Mitch is what it is - unbiased. It's not saying what Fields will be, but what he is so far production wise.
Right

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

"I have nothing against Fields" yet constantly shits on him in damn near every post. Sure..............

gocbears

Liked Posts:
Go Blue (is that why you seem to dislike Fields)? Anyways; Lies, damned lies, and statistics...

Lots of folks here like to hate on Mitchell because he didn't live up to the draft status, (and really , in the end, just not that good), nothing wrong with that. I think Mitchell will be a good back up for many, many years in the league. I think Fields floor is closer to the top of Mitchell's ceiling. How high that ceiling goes remains to be determined.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pretty racist to blame @PrideisBears
Bruce Arians GIFs | Tenor

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
AY/A has nothing to do with air yards. What you're looking for is under advanced passing stats (which didnt exist until 2018).

Canth

Liked Posts:
Oh man, I just realized the other number manipulation going on. You are trying to compare 12 games to 12 games. However, Mitch started and played 100% of the offensive snaps in his 12 games.

Fields's 12 games includes 3 games where he played significantly less than 100% of the snaps. Hell, one of those games was the season opener that he played 5 snaps. You had two injury shortened games in CIN (65% of snaps) where he came in off the bench and then BAL (51% of snaps) where he got hurt.