The Olin Kreutz Situation

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Quite the answer from George McCaskey about the Olin Kreutz comments about being offered $15 an hour to coach up the Bears offense.

I don’t doubt Kreutz is telling the truth. That long pause and awkward response from George is pretty telling, I think.

At the same time, I think George probably would’ve given more of a non-answer if there wasn’t some credence to him saying that’s not “the whole story.”

It has me wondering if maybe this whole dumb Olin Kreutz situation hinges on a technicality—Like, maybe the Bears did ask him for advice, and he offered his services for free and they said, “Hey, that’s awesome. But for the books, it can’t be free—It has to be at least $15 an hour,” or some weird dumb bullshit like that.

There’s no way in hell a professional organization just straight up offered a former player a minimum wage job without context.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
HonoredCleanIberianemeraldlizard-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Quite the answer from George McCaskey about the Olin Kreutz comments about being offered $15 an hour to coach up the Bears offense.

I don’t doubt Kreutz is telling the truth. That long pause and awkward response from George is pretty telling, I think.

At the same time, I think George probably would’ve given more of a non-answer if there wasn’t some credence to him saying that’s not “the whole story.”

It has me wondering if maybe this whole dumb Olin Kreutz situation hinges on a technicality—Like, maybe the Bears did ask him for advice, and he offered his services for free and they said, “Hey, that’s awesome. But for the books, it can’t be free—It has to be at least $15 an hour,” or some weird dumb bullshit like that.

There’s no way in hell a professional organization just straight up offered a former player a minimum wage job without context.
You know how you become a billionaire?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Yeah and the sad part is this franchise could really use someone like Olin, Peanut, Urlacher, etc. to hang around the franchise and instill some wisdom on the players. But they're so toxic that even the HoF players of yesteryear would prefer to stay away.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
This is just a funny story, and one that would only come from one of the more inept organizations in all of sports.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
This is just a funny story, and one that would only come from one of the more inept organizations in all of sports.
Yep.........I would expect some old Giant players to have a few stories about the Mara family, and the Ford family, don't get Ex-Lions players or fans started on them.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The whole story is simple. The Bears offered what coaching interns and 1st time coaches get offered for a part time coaching gig.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The fundamental question is what do guys in similar roles make for a 1st time part time coaching gig.

That is the part of the story Olin left out.

Liked Posts:
I think everyone looks bad when it comes to this story, which is just petty at the end of the day. Bears deserver it, but Colin is clearly making something out of nothing as well IMO.