1PM Conference call with George

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So you are upset with Polian but hace no fucking clue as to who you would offer as an alternative.

Good talk.
Source? Off the top of my head 2 I would feel much more confident with are Armstrong or Olin helping with the search. Those two are certainly more in touch with the game than Polian. They’re also certainly more in touch with the state of this franchise than Polian. What’s wrong with guys like Forte for a more recent player?

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Olin on the Score.

oso4lyf

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Reading all your comments and it seems like George was getting clowned by the press and he didn't even realize it

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was teaching, how bad was George interview. I have the radio on sounds like he called Olin a liar.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Source? Off the top of my head 2 I would feel much more confident with are Armstrong or Olin helping with the search. Those two are certainly more in touch with the game than Polian. They’re also certainly more in touch with the state of this franchise than Polian. What’s wrong with guys like Forte for a more recent player?

Lol Olin and Forte who have zero fucking executive experience?

You should maybe have stopped at Armstrong. At least he has some experience.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I feel like all of this is tied into the Bears eventually selling the team.

Organizational restructure, stadium deal, etc. They are getting everything in a row and willing to do things they were previously uncomfortable with in order to maximize the value of their assets.
I agree and it's about time.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm sure she is. But I also believe that some of the short-term-oriented decisions that were made were made to try to win one while Virginia is still alive. That's one of the things I always kept in mind with Pace's decisions, that there were some "win it all now" circumstances that drove the Mack, Robert Quinn, and Glennon/Foles moves. Please note I have no direct evidence that this in fact the case; this is just a belief of mine.
Please note that I also have no direct evidence that what I am about to say is in fact the case but ...

If the Bear wanted to "win it all now", wouldn't they have done everything they could have to get Brady in the door when he was available?

If the Bulls were looking to "win it all" this year, knowing that they need a big man to have a realistic chance, the Glennon/Foles acquisitions would be like the Bulls signing Cristiano Felicio to fix their big man problem.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Lol Olin and Forte who have zero fucking executive experience?

You should maybe have stopped at Armstrong. At least he has some experience.
Could you let Armstrong, an agent of multiple coaches, advise you on who to hire?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I feel like all of this is tied into the Bears eventually selling the team.

Organizational restructure, stadium deal, etc. They are getting everything in a row and willing to do things they were previously uncomfortable with in order to maximize the value of their assets.
Please shut up

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
A lot of cunting. Not sure what people expect. I would rather Pollian be involved than just George and Ted so not sure what the alternative would be.
"Pollian be involved" INSTEAD OF "George and Ted" would be a better alternative.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
This personal friendship of George and Ted is ruining the Bears from a business standpoint. If Ted is still going to be a part of the decision making and interviewing, then why the hell did they get Dungy and Polian to assist them? I dont get this org. Any candidate on the outside looking at this situation can clearly see that he will be coming into a messed up situation with leadership that doesnt know crap about the game or business side of this transaction. Good luck finding a good GM that wont have George and Ted breathing down his neck every second of the way.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
McCaskey started out the presser offering condolences to Jeff Dickerson’s family and son, and then noted that Jeff Dickerson’s son is similar in age to Matt Nagy’s son, and oh, speaking of Matt Nagy’s son, how dare you fans go after his son (which fans absolutely didn’t).

Hey, you can have your opinion one way or the other on whether it’s O.K. to chant “fire Nagy” at his son’s football game with Nagy in the stands, but that is ****not**** the same as “booing Nagy’s son” or “going after Nagy’s son,” despite what many have said.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Ok and I want Halle Berry to answer my door in a bathrobe but then I accept I live in the real word. The McCaskeys own the Bears. Quite silly to expect him not to be involved.
I am curious, with all of the other teams that don't have the owner as the GM, how many of them have some people with football minds already in place to help with the signing of the GM/HC if needed?

Having George and Teddy as the only in-organization voices for these decisions is a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
It looks like they are indeed changing the structure, but poor George can't handle letting go of the Ted binky.

It does look like though that Ted is done once the stadium is done.

At least the structure is more normal now.

Ted will have input (George may be managing Teds ego here out of respect), but it sounds like Polian is the one driving this.
Agreed, GM reporting to Ted is best we can hope for until they sell, I think some of George's answers about the person responsible making the decisions ( like Nagy asking him about starting Fields) is a positive for a good candidate, ownership not getting in the way. Think the Cowboys would be better off if that was the case in Dallas?