1PM Conference call with George

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I guess knowing more than CCS is the bar now? They can’t find somebody who hasn’t been out of football for 10 years?
He is going to suggest a head coach of whom he already has previous knowledge to be the HC/GM.

Marv Levy ... come on down!

(He is still alive (born August 3, 1925)

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I honestly can’t believe these meatballs get to run a NFL franchise

Also a big FU to all the reporters asking questions about the new stadium
These meatballs get to run the team because Papa Bear founded the team and was the driving force in founding the league.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
These meatballs get to run the team because Papa Bear founded the team and was the driving force in founding the league.

Thanks for chiming in George. You sounded like a complete FN idiot today. Sell the team. Thanks

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Making them money, money, money!!
The Bears are undervalued for what they should be worth.

It is easy to make money, money, money for a founding team with a rabid worldwide fan base in the largest single-team market in the NFL.

If Teddy were great, the Bears would be making MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, not money, money, money.

The McCaskeys are blind to that because they just see the money, money, money.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The clear winners of this offseason this year is by far the Chicago reporters asking questions. They aren’t letting this clown off the hook. It’s a big risk losing your access to the team seen it here in Detroit. My hats off to them
I agree that was good. I thought George's performance was better than most here seem to think. If he wasn't listening I doubt Pace would have been fired. I think he had no choice but have the new GM report to him and not Ted so he's listening. Just hope they can get 2 good people in for those job's.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Agreed, GM reporting to Ted is best we can hope for until they sell, I think some of George's answers about the person responsible making the decisions ( like Nagy asking him about starting Fields) is a positive for a good candidate, ownership not getting in the way. Think the Cowboys would be better off if that was the case in Dallas?
Dallas is a double-edged sword.

Yes, Jerry makes some dumb decisions that cost the team. However; since he is the GM and the owner, he can sign people who were involved in a murder case and went undrafted for pennies on the dollar or any other problem child.

If Ruggs were somehow not going to go to jail and were available(he is going), he would be wearing a Cowboys uniform. Imagine the receiving corp with Ruggs added, as a c heap signing, to the already potent receiving corp.

Watson with his allegations? If Prescott were not on the team, Jerry would be very interested in him.

Robocop 80

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Houston Astros
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Ok and I want Halle Berry to answer my door in a bathrobe but then I accept I live in the real word. The McCaskeys own the Bears. Quite silly to expect him not to be involved.
Monster’s Ball Halle or current Halle?

Robocop 80

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Houston Astros
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Well then……I’m glad I cut out after Georgie got pressed with the accountability question and he basically answered that he gets to continue in his position because he’s a McCaskey. Shocker, but at least he was honest.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
that was the easiest pick for anyone to make tbch.

About as easy as taking Watson or Mahomes over Trubisky and we saw how that turned out. The fact is Leaf was a top QB prospect and there was certainly debate between the two. No one will admit to it now given how Leaf crashed and burned.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
This personal friendship of George and Ted is ruining the Bears from a business standpoint. If Ted is still going to be a part of the decision making and interviewing, then why the hell did they get Dungy and Polian to assist them? I dont get this org. Any candidate on the outside looking at this situation can clearly see that he will be coming into a messed up situation with leadership that doesnt know crap about the game or business side of this transaction. Good luck finding a good GM that wont have George and Ted breathing down his neck every second of the way.
I disagree, their hands off approach and long leash ( 7 yrs for Pace & 4 for Nagy ) should help the new people have a fair run at fixings things unlike meddling owners and 1-2 year firings.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please note that I also have no direct evidence that what I am about to say is in fact the case but ...

If the Bear wanted to "win it all now", wouldn't they have done everything they could have to get Brady in the door when he was available?

If the Bulls were looking to "win it all" this year, knowing that they need a big man to have a realistic chance, the Glennon/Foles acquisitions would be like the Bulls signing Cristiano Felicio to fix their big man problem.
Yes, that's a good point. But I'm also not sure why that transaction never happened. Was it Brady who walked away or was it the Bears who shut the door? In any case, it's all speculation. In retrospect, I think Tom Brady would have gotten killed in this offense behind that line.