1PM Conference call with George

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Dallas is a double-edged sword.

Yes, Jerry makes some dumb decisions that cost the team. However; since he is the GM and the owner, he can sign people who were involved in a murder case and went undrafted for pennies on the dollar or any other problem child.

If Ruggs were somehow not going to go to jail and were available(he is going), he would be wearing a Cowboys uniform. Imagine the receiving corp with Ruggs added, as a c heap signing, to the already potent receiving corp.

Watson with his allegations? If Prescott were not on the team, Jerry would be very interested in him.
Personally I would rather lose than have those types on the team.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
About as easy as taking Watson or Mahomes over Trubisky and we saw how that turned out. The fact is Leaf was a top QB prospect and there was certainly debate between the two. No one will admit to it now given how Leaf crashed and burned.
True that.

twetz

Liked Posts:
I may have this wrong because I get a little drowsy listening to George McCaskey and I may have nodded off, but didn't he throw Jaylon Johnson under the bus by mentioning a defensive player not touching an opponent who was already on the ground?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Lol Olin and Forte who have zero fucking executive experience?

You should maybe have stopped at Armstrong. At least he has some experience.
You could always have more than one person assisting with the search

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You could always have more than one person assisting with the search

Sure but the question is why involve people that know fuck all about being a HC or GM?

What makes Forte or Kreutz people to listen too? It is like asking the factory worker that retired 5 years ago who should be CEO.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Sure but the question is why involve people that know fuck all about being a HC or GM?

What makes Forte or Kreutz people to listen too? It is like asking the factory worker that retired 5 years ago who should be CEO.
Well the factory worker who retired 5 years ago might actually know about the factory as opposed to a CEO who retired from another plant 10 years ago. Just stupid to rely solely on some guy because he won a super bowl once upon a time and wrote a book? What’s the difference between Polian and Ditka right now? Polian can write a book?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I may have this wrong because I get a little drowsy listening to George McCaskey and I may have nodded off, but didn't he throw Jaylon Johnson under the bus by mentioning a defensive player not touching an opponent who was already on the ground?
Both JJ and EJax

Robocop 80

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Houston Astros
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I can understand why George defended his family (and Teddy) against Olin this afternoon. Word/rumor gets out to the public and some people believe what they’re hearing. I live in the Northeast and a co-worker passing by me today asked if the Bears were cheap. I’m like “Nah.” If the Bears were cheap, their HQ would be off Annie Glidden in DeKalb, not in Lake Forest.

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not by name, but he did call out the play, which I thought was appropriate. Would love to see the bears bring in someone to reinstitute the loaf rule:

No loafing allowed on Bears defense

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well the factory worker who retired 5 years ago might actually know about the factory as opposed to a CEO who retired from another plant 10 years ago. Just stupid to rely solely on some guy because he won a super bowl once upon a time and wrote a book? What’s the difference between Polian and Ditka right now? Polian can write a book?

Ditka never ran an entire organization. He was just a HC. That is the difference.

McCaskey would get roasted even more than he currently is if he said Matt Fprte would help with the search. LMFAO.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

Olin knows more than George and Ted do.

Polian will basically pick the GM and HC from a pre-determined list of candidates that George will like. Real peaceable, nice guys that won't rock the boat so George can lead them after Polian is gone.

Is that really better than Olin? A guy who actually knows football, has coached players and knows what a winning functional locker room looks and feels like?

We're doing the same thing over and over again, fuck.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Ditka never ran an entire organization. He was just a HC. That is the difference.

McCaskey would get roasted even more than he currently is if he said Matt Fprte would help with the search. LMFAO.
The point is the game has passed both Ditka and Polian by. Look at how different the NFL is today compared to 2018 when Nagy got here. How much can Polian actually know about the modern NFL when he’s been out of it for 10 years. You need somebody who has been a part of the modern nfl to help conduct a search for a GM and more specifically a coach to take us into the modern NFL. Polian would work better if he had a younger counter part.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Personally I would rather lose than have those types on the team.
Well, most of them.

The poor offensive lineman had nothing to do with the murder, but his name was mentioned the day of the draft and he fell from a late 1st rounder to undrafted.

The only one who took a chance on him, because he could without any repercussions, was Jones.

Don't forget the adage, "Just win, baby".

By the way, what is so bad about Watson. He just wanted a happy ending or 20, but didn't get them.

There wasn't some huge loss of Patriots fans when Kraft wanted his happy endings ... and he got them.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Not by name, but he did call out the play, which I thought was appropriate. Would love to see the bears bring in someone to reinstitute the loaf rule:

No loafing allowed on Bears defense
If I owned a team and saw that play by jaylon I’d call it out too. I really like JJ but he got frustrated, pouted, and let the WR go for more yards until EJ actually stopped him of all people.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
About as easy as taking Watson or Mahomes over Trubisky and we saw how that turned out. The fact is Leaf was a top QB prospect and there was certainly debate between the two. No one will admit to it now given how Leaf crashed and burned.
thats not remotely true....Manning was 99% consensus number 1 that year.....the comparison to Trubisky Mahomes Watson is wrong

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He made hundreds of millions when a competent president would have made billions.
I was just talking about his personal salary. Like I’ve said Ted should have been gone abut 18 years ago.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Olin knows more than George and Ted do.

Polian will basically pick the GM and HC from a pre-determined list of candidates that George will like. Real peaceable, nice guys that won't rock the boat so George can lead them after Polian is gone.

Is that really better than Olin? A guy who actually knows football, has coached players and knows what a winning functional locker room looks and feels like?

We're doing the same thing over and over again, fuck.
Olin thinks that Mustifer is a great Center. Do you seriously want him having input on who gets to pick players???