1PM Conference call with George

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Olin thinks that Mustifer is a great Center. Do you seriously want him having input on who gets to pick players???

I remember hearing Olin saying he coached Mustifier and thinks he has it in him. I don't recall him saying Mustifier is a great center. And if Olin would not hire others around him to help point out his blind spots then I wouldn't want him either. But that's what's already happening anyway with George. And been happening for years.

Robocop 80

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Houston Astros
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Not even the Mission Impossible 2 song?
Definitely a catchy track, that one. I like that my way or the highway song where he says "I will straight up wreck your shit."

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think where people have an issue with Polian is in the fact that the Bears won’t have a new structural hierarchy. Was it him that suggested basically keeping this shit structure the way it has been “minus” Ted for last 20 years?

So now we have to hope and pray an 80 year former executive who has been out of the league for the last ten years can get the GM right. George admitted that he’s just a fan aka he doesn’t know shit, football is entertainment to him not a career. So who holds the next Ryan Pave accountable and tells him he shouldn’t trade for the next Nick Foles? The entire press conference was a shitshow.

This team needs a connected football guy as a buffer between the GM and the ownership.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just this past week I was talking about how "ok you want Pace fired, and I get that, but don't count on this ownership group to find someone better."

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, to make my case, I present this press conference.
it's to the point where, I think I would have rather had them elevate Pace. I really don't trust them to make football decisions.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Olin knows more than George and Ted do.

Polian will basically pick the GM and HC from a pre-determined list of candidates that George will like. Real peaceable, nice guys that won't rock the boat so George can lead them after Polian is gone.

Is that really better than Olin? A guy who actually knows football, has coached players and knows what a winning functional locker room looks and feels like?

We're doing the same thing over and over again, fuck.

Yes it is. Kreutz was a player. A player who broke the jaw of his own teammate. His coaching resume is coaching the turd that is Mustipher. He knows fuck all about being a GM or HC.

Polian is miles better. Doesnt mean he will get it right but it is delusional to pretend Olin knows shit about being a GM or HC. His lazy ass didnt even want to work himself up thru the ranks to be a coach. Crying about the same pay that many HCs before him accepted when thry were coming up.

The fact he doesnt know what he was offered is standard for a coaching intern is proof he knows very little about how the NFL works beyind being a player.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The point is the game has passed both Ditka and Polian by. Look at how different the NFL is today compared to 2018 when Nagy got here. How much can Polian actually know about the modern NFL when he’s been out of it for 10 years. You need somebody who has been a part of the modern nfl to help conduct a search for a GM and more specifically a coach to take us into the modern NFL. Polian would work better if he had a younger counter part.

Who says he has been out of it? Do you think he just disappeared from Football the past 10 years? Do you think he stopped talking to all the contacts he built over the years?

You know jack shit about how out of touch he is or not. You are just making up shit to suit your narrative.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Who says he has been out of it? Do you think he just disappeared from Football the past 10 years? Do you think he stopped talking to all the contacts he built over the years?

You know jack shit about how out of touch he is or not. You are just making up shit to suit your narrative.
You’re in so much denial. You can be in contact all you want. Talking only does so much unless you’re actively game planning and or scouting. It’s the same as any industry you need to actually be on the job to have experience (not saying he’s inexperienced but you need to be there to stay up to date)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
thats not remotely true....Manning was 99% consensus number 1 that year.....the comparison to Trubisky Mahomes Watson is wrong

Bullshit. 14 out of 20 GMs polled had Leaf over Manning.

The overwhelming consensus: Manning may have the more recognizable name, but Leaf clearly is the preferred quarterback among league executives. Fourteen of the 20 polled said they would draft Leaf over Manning, citing the Washington State quarterback’s stronger arm, better mobility and more promising long-term prospect as a franchise-caliber player.

Hell Bill Wash had Griese over Manning and Leaf.

jive

Liked Posts:
George McCaskey is like a kid that grew up in the finest Italian restaurant in town that has to hire Chef Boyardee to help him find a manager and chef. Seriously, how can someone grow up in a football family and be so clueless?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You’re in so much denial. You can be in contact all you want. Talking only does so much unless you’re actively game planning and or scouting. It’s the same as any industry you need to actually be on the job to have experience (not saying he’s inexperienced but you need to be there to stay up to date)

Umm Pollian is not gameplanning or scouting . He is helping to hire a GM.

Last edited:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I legit thought he was out of it and not up to date, but these GM interview requests have shown me that maybe he's still with it. Even has an analytical guy interviewing for the GM job.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I legit thought he was out of it and not up to date, but these GM interview requests have shown me that maybe he's still with it. Even has an analytical guy interviewing for the GM job.
Who? Just Brown from Indy is the only one I’m aware of.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I remember hearing Olin saying he coached Mustifier and thinks he has it in him. I don't recall him saying Mustifier is a great center. And if Olin would not hire others around him to help point out his blind spots then I wouldn't want him either. But that's what's already happening anyway with George. And been happening for years.

Nope he said Mustipher was a great young center when he recommended Bears go get a LT. Dude cant even tell a shitty C when he coaches one but yall want him in on hiring a GM when he knows fuck all about being a GM.

"With the money I spent on a left tackle, if I can’t re-sign James Daniels in free agency, I got a pretty damn good young center in Sam Mustipher. Now my line just got a lot bigger, and I got a guy who I know can play left tackle.”

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That’s why I said “or actively scouting”.

He does not need to have been actively scouting to pick a GM. SMH! Like Holy shit nothing you are rambling about has fuck all to do with anything.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The "Is Olin Kreutz or Bill Polian more qualified to hire a GM?" debate is right up there with Mitch vs Mahomes/Watson.

Right out of the homer twilight zone.