Brian Flores

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I think Flores would be a great hire. The guy can flat out coach — gets more out of less than just about any coaching candidate out there — and Flores is a great leader. That said, I doubt the Bears hire him. The Bears tend to like “yes men” and Flores is likely not enough of an arse kisser type for them — too “Alpha” for the Bears.

Mike Ditka was the one exception to this rule — he was an Alpha/strongly independent — and from what I understand he clashed with ownership all the time and after he was fired they never went that route again.
And yet he along with Buddy Ryan coached the team’s only Super Bowl win.

I don’t want them to hire a minority coach just for the sake of doing it. I hope they hire the best one.

All I’ve read about Flores says he is a great coach and leader, and holds people accountable. He should definitely get an interview, and the job, if he’s a good fit.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
And yet he along with Buddy Ryan coached the team’s only Super Bowl win.

I don’t want them to hire a minority coach just for the sake of doing it. I hope they hire the best one.

All I’ve read about Flores says he is a great coach and leader, and holds people accountable. He should definitely get an interview, and the job, if he’s a good fit.
I never said it did not work out having an independent thinker/Alpha type for a coach. It obviously worked — the Bears won the Super Bowl. I just pointed out that this is the type of coach that the Bears do not typically want — and I think that is a huge mistake on their part.

They run this team exactly like what they are — a family business — and as such, they are more interested in hiring people to work for them that play nice and get along… and shy away from hiring truth tellers and ass kickers.

Regarding race, I am in agreement that it should not matter. Just give EVERYONE a fair shot and then hire the best guy.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Just because it didn't work the last 2 times doesn't mean the Bears shouldn't still focus on a good offensive mind as head coach.

This offense has to get better. I don't think you just throw up your hands and give up, or just hope that your defensive-minded head coach hires the right offensive mind.

I think you're proactive and go get a guy who can help your offense and your young quarterback.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
The way people were always reacting to the big trades they were always making you’d think Flores was the GM. He was always the one getting credit from the talking heads like he was solely responsible for all those moves. TBH I assumed it was him. Not sure why now. Of course he wasn’t the GM. I guess it’s just from it being put in my head 500 times. I’m sure he had some say in those decisions. Just not sure how much.
IDK who you were listening to but thats not at all how it was covered. Not even close.

You couldn’t even name the Dolphins GM.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You couldn’t even name the Dolphins GM.
Ahh yeah, what do i know. Im only local to Miami. Let me take the word of the guy who can barely understand what's happening to his favorite team...

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would hope he reaches out and brings Caldwell with him as OC.

Apparently that was his original plan in Miami, but Caldwell stepped down to care for his brother. He's available again and looking to get back into coaching.

I would like this combo very much.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
hear me out here.... but maybe the Dolphins front office is dumb?

i never listen to sports radio and had Boston sports radio on last night and they said the owner of the Dolphins wants MATT NEGGY....i was like...did they just say what I thought they said? they said it again....Matt Nagy is wanted by the dolphins owner, i think it's BS but who knows

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Thought we needed an offensive visonaary to help our nitwit QB.

Defensive guy doesnt fix the problem

1. Increased turnovers=more possessions for offense.
2. Shorter fields for offense to work with.
3. Defense that can score again, which helps offense.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
I never said it did not work out having an independent thinker/Alpha type for a coach. It obviously worked — the Bears won the Super Bowl. I just pointed out that this is the type of coach that the Bears do not typically want — and I think that is a huge mistake on their part.

They run this team exactly like what they are — a family business — and as such, they are more interested in hiring people to work for them that play nice and get along… and shy away from hiring truth tellers and ass kickers.

Regarding race, I am in agreement that it should not matter. Just give EVERYONE a fair shot and then hire the best guy.

True. It shouldn't matter. But when white dudes are given repeated or extended spans of incompetence, that isn't fair.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Some interesting tidbits about Flores here:

▪ Flores already was essentially running the Dolphins building, according to a source in direct contact with Dolphins management.

But he wanted even more control, the source said. He wanted the authority formalized, to eliminate the contract annoyance of general manager Chris Grier having final say on the draft and free agency.

He wanted more power in everything, final say on virtually everything. He wanted more people to report to him.

▪ There were plenty of players who liked and admired Flores, and let’s be clear about that. But his arrogance and bristling personality rubbed some the wrong way.

A close associate of multiple young Dolphins said the players complained to him that “he doesn’t understand dealing with men. He’s not approachable.”

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

▪ Flores already was essentially running the Dolphins building, according to a source in direct contact with Dolphins management.

But he wanted even more control, the source said. He wanted the authority formalized, to eliminate the contract annoyance of general manager Chris Grier having final say on the draft and free agency.

He wanted more power in everything, final say on virtually everything. He wanted more people to report to him.

▪ There were plenty of players who liked and admired Flores, and let’s be clear about that. But his arrogance and bristling personality rubbed some the wrong way.

A close associate of multiple young Dolphins said the players complained to him that “he doesn’t understand dealing with men. He’s not approachable.”

Okay, sounds like we should be interviewing him then as a GM candidate instead of HC.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I don't understand the Flores love. 3 years of no playoffs, terrible handling of their rookie quarterback, constant offensive turnover, and a 7 game losing streak to boot at the end of his tenure. He's also a bit of an arrogant asshole according to a lot of reports. Sounds like our guy!!! /s

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

I have no doubt the player that didn't like him was tua because tua is soft and isn't the qb Flores wanted

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I don't understand the Flores love. 3 years of no playoffs, terrible handling of their rookie quarterback, constant offensive turnover, and a 7 game losing streak to boot at the end of his tenure.
He got the most out of a weak roster, and had a very interesting defensive strategy.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thought we needed an offensive visonaary to help our nitwit QB.

Defensive guy doesnt fix the problem
Still waiting on you to tell us who that is, I’m assuming your list will not include minorities