Kellen Moore Question

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Well obviously he did, yes?
And Kellen Moore hasn't, can you prove that (granted, can I prove he has a system)? Could it be Kellen Moore did it faster than McVay since, you know, he actually played QB at a high level in College and was actually a real NFL QB on a roster for 6 years? You don't think he always wanted to end up as a coach and was designing a system as he went along?

I mean seriously man, WTF is up with you. Why are you so angry?

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Um...not to be a dick but did you actually ready the bio. Open it up and it clear as day said he was the OC in 2019, which is when Jason Garrett was still the Head Coach.

OC in 2019, 2020 and 2021 (so as I said earlier, this is his 3rd Year as OC) and it spanned over 2 coaches.
I admit I didn't look past the headline on the DALLAS COWBOYS OFFICIAL WEB SITE

But it clearly states " Kellen Moore enters into his second season as the team's offensive coordinator, third overall as a coach in Dallas."

which this would be his 3rd season if he was the OC under Garrett because McCarthy came on board last season-

And I stand by what I say as Clearly Not enough experience

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Kellen Moore hasn't, can you prove that (granted, can I prove he has a system)? Could it be Kellen Moore did it faster than McVay since, you know, he actually played QB at a high level in College and was actually a real NFL QB on a roster for 6 years? You don't think he always wanted to end up as a coach and was designing a system as he went along?

I mean seriously man, WTF is up with you. Why are you so angry?
Nobody is angry ... Good Lord

And Your probably so right - Kellen Moore is clearly at the same level as McVay????- Proven Right Bruh?

DB012031

Liked Posts:
I admit I didn't look past the headline on the DALLAS COWBOYS OFFICIAL WEB SITE

But it clearly states " Kellen Moore enters into his second season as the team's offensive coordinator, third overall as a coach in Dallas."

which this would be his 3rd season if he was the OC under Garrett because McCarthy came on board last season-

And I stand by what I say as Clearly Not enough experience

Thats fine but my argument is that McVay's "experience" was more focused on his 3 years as an OC with Washington (Which Kellen Moore has now been an OC for 3 seasons) and not really his work as a TE/WR coach for a couple of teams. Give me 6 years of NFL playing experience over that any day of the week if we are talking a HC job.

Also, I might have to add that McVay as on OC had offenses ranked 13, 17 and 3. Moore's offenses have ranked 1, 14 and 1. So, one could make an arguement that Kellen Moore is a more desirable HC at the same stage (after 3 years as an OC) than Sean McVay was.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats fine but my argument is that McVay's "experience" was more focused on his 3 years as an OC with Washington (Which Kellen Moore has now been an OC for 3 seasons) and not really his work as a TE/WR coach for a couple of teams. Give me 6 years of NFL playing experience over that any day of the week if we are talking a HC job.

Also, I might have to add that McVay as on OC had offenses ranked 13, 17 and 3. Moore's offenses have ranked 1, 14 and 1. So, one could make an arguement that Kellen Moore is a more desirable HC at the same stage (after 3 years as an OC) than Sean McVay was.
Obviously they took a chance and it worked

Obviously we took a chance with Nagy's inexperience and it failed spectacularly -

Disclaimer here from me was I was not on board with the Nagy Hire nor the other hot name at the time DeFlippo

I just look at Moore as the Hot OC that the media is fawning over out there and don't see enough experience or connections to the right people to get in here and turn it around-

Fair?

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:

And the year they ranked 14 was last year, with Andy Dalton, Ben DiNucci and Garret Gilbert after only 5 games of Dak. Dalton had the 4th highest QBR rating of his career! Also, a fat broken down Zeke and a decimated offensive line.

No point in arguing with idiots Brother. All they can come up with is he's too young. No stats, no fact based argument, nothing.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Obviously they took a chance and it worked

Obviously we took a chance with Nagy's inexperience and it failed spectacularly -

Disclaimer here from me was I was not on board with the Nagy Hire nor the other hot name at the time DeFlippo

I just look at Moore as the Hot OC that the media is fawning over out there and don't see enough experience or connections to the right people to get in here and turn it around-

Fair?
Fair enough my man!

As a whole, unless someone takes a shot on a potential unknown, like Kellen Moore, just feels like a blah kind of year to be looking for a new Head Coach...

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Cause it's the Bears. When have we done anything right? He played in the league, that’s a great start in commanding respect. Anyway, I posted this last week in another thread (Moore is my #1 choice btw):
Was Cooper Rush a movie about some kid who was a musical genius?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Because he has been in the league about 15 minutes

Less experience than Nagy
We need to stop with the "he has too little experience" talk.

Has a candidate shown that he actually knows his shit? That is the question.

Nagy was the OC in name only for most of the season. Like his stay in Chicago, he was interesting for a few games, but his offense was soon discovered in the playoffs.

If Moore was able to create an offense that the previous OC was not able to create, he showed something. Enough to be the HC? Maybe not, but don't automatically rule him out because of experience.

Question: Who is the all-time winningest coach by winning percentage?

Answer: John Madden.

He had MUCH less coaching experience than even Moore.

The Raiders were lucky to have a football savvy owner (not just a fan) who immediately discovered that Madden was a football genius while talking to him on the sidelines when Madden didn't even have a job. Eventually, he hired Madden and Madden created one of the greatest identities for a team in NFL history.

Hopefully, Polian can weed out the football geniuses from the "Nagy"s of the world and get George to sign off on him because George and Teddy certainly won't be able to figure out the difference between a football genius and a hole in the wall.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:

Nagy was the OC in name only for most of the season. Like his stay in Chicago, he was interesting for a few games, but his offense was soon discovered in the playoffs.

If Moore was able to create an offense that the previous OC was not able to create, he showed something. Enough to be the HC? Maybe not, but don't automatically rule him out because of experience.

The Raiders were lucky to have a football savvy owner (not just a fan) who immediately discovered that Madden was a football genius while talking to him on the sidelines when Madden didn't even have a job. Eventually, he hired Madden and Madden created one of the greatest identities for a team in NFL history.

Hopefully, Polian can weed out the football geniuses from the "Nagy"s of the world and get George to sign off on him because George and Teddy certainly won't be able to figure out the difference between a football genius and a hole in the wall.
Good post. Here’s another interesting tidbit. Guess who else Al Davis really took a liking to after being hired as a young intern for the Raiders? Ed Dodds. Cool backstory on that. Ed Dodds and Kellen Moore has been the combo I’ve been hoping for

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Good post. Here’s another interesting tidbit. Guess who else Al Davis really took a liking to after being hired as a young intern for the Raiders? Ed Dodds. Cool backstory on that. Ed Dodds and Kellen Moore has been the combo I’ve been hoping for
Dodds being highly organized should wow Teddy. I don't really know what wows McCaskey.

Nice tidbit!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

The Raiders were lucky to have a football savvy owner (not just a fan) who immediately discovered that Madden was a football genius while talking to him on the sidelines when Madden didn't even have a job

The key is a football savvy owner . Unfortunately we don't have that here. I gotta double check, but I think Polian once
called Lamar Jackson a "HB".

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The key is a football savvy owner . Unfortunately we don't have that here. I gotta double check, but I think Polian once
called Lamar Jackson a "HB".
He would have been a great HB with the ability to throw the ball on halfback passes.

What makes Jackson special is his running ability. Take away his running ability and he is not a special QB.

Do you remember how RGIII was really good his rookie year until he was injured at the end of the season. He was nothing much after that.

Yes, Polian was wrong, but he was at least right about Jackson's main selling point was his running ability.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
He would have been a great HB with the ability to throw the ball on halfback passes.

What makes Jackson special is his running ability. Take away his running ability and he is not a special QB.

Do you remember how RGIII was really good his rookie year until he was injured at the end of the season. He was nothing much after that.

Yes, Polian was wrong, but he was at least right about Jackson's main selling point was his running ability.
And on this one Polian could be proven right..........this year as injuries piled up for Jackson, he had to be more of a pocket passer and his numbers were very average.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I wonder what Poluan thinks of Fields. I've seen Jackson's college and pro. passing #'s . I think with pass pro and decent wr's he'd still be ok. As for RG3, I fault Shanahan for his misuse and injuring the guy.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
And on this one Polian could be proven right..........this year as injuries piled up for Jackson, he had to be more of a pocket passer and his numbers were very average.

IMO the "injuries piled up" cuz he was being over used as a "runner". Also...The defense can take shots on him with impunity. His wr's are avg, and his OL is not good at pass pro.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Because he has been in the league about 15 minutes

Less experience than Nagy

LMAO, not even close. Moore has actually called an offense, and a high powered one at that. Nagy wasn't calling shit before he got the gig.