***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
holy christ you are dumb. we have exchanged like 5 replies so far and you still don't even understand idgaf if the new GM trades down, the idea that he is accepted as a keeper for simply trading down was a stupid thing to say. now im realizing this wasn't a one off failure
as I mentioned several times he’s a keeper because it aligns to my opinion of how the team should proceed. If you think my idea is stupid just because you disagree with it, that doesn’t necessarily make it stupid.

It seems like you are crying over the word “keeper” and disregarding the rest of my point, let it go brother

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I can’t remember the last time the Bears traded back and got an extra 1st or two. If the new GM does that, I’ll know right away the guy is a keeper and brings a fresh perspective to this organization.
I can’t think of the last time I saw any team trade back and get two extra firsts.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
It would be funny if the Bears hire one of the Colts guys, and they hire McDaniels just to change their mind a few days later

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I can’t think of the last time I saw any team trade back and get two extra firsts.

I was thinking of the

Niners last year

49ers traded their 12th-overall pick, a 2022 third-round compensatory pick and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023 for the Miami Dolphins No. 3 overall selection.

Although I do concede and agree that the Bears likely won’t have an upcoming top 3 pick.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I hope we keep our draft expert(s) if we hire Ed dobbs or Rick smith because I looked up the drafts of those teams(most of our potential gms) and honestly Rick smith has the best track record but none of them drafted as well as we did late rounds so I think a combination will do well for us.
You can have your late round warm bodies.

give me the guy who found an elite WR, DE and top 10 QB.

Maybe he could draft a Kindle Vildor if we’re lucky.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The guy knows offense. Other than Mac name two other players on that Patriots offense this year. Most people can't without looking it up. The guy is getting 27 points a game out of an offense with a rookie QB and no thousand yard rusher or receiver. He's exactly what we need. (just as long as he doesn't get to draft players.... fuck that)
Jakobi Meyers and Stevenson

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
How in the hell can George "trust" Teddy as Teddy has failed at every GM pick to date? How? Someone explain that one to me?
That one is an easy one.

George trusts Teddy because Teddy keeps sending the McCaskeys huge checks every year.

Sadly, George is not smart enough to know that almost any accountant could get the same amount of money that Teddy does because getting that type of money is a league thing.

A great bean-counter could have made the Bears much more valuable in the amount of years Teddy has been around.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I am liking a Harbaugh coach/GM thing

Or a Mcdaniels coach/ Flores Defensive Coordinator thing.

Go Bears!
If Harbaugh wants to be HC/GM, I would rather the Bears go elsewhere.

I could picture Harbaugh going all Bill O'Brien and trading all of his talent for peanuts because he is pissed at the Bears for some reason a few years in the future.

No thanks.

If he wants to come in with a good GM, that would be fine.