Thoughts for Bears ownership

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Stopped reading right there and i don think there has ever been a sentence i disagree with more on CCS. With the exception of @Noonthirtyjoe saying Mitch was going to be the Bears franchise QB for 13+ years.
Whole Bears staff and ownership thought so too. Whole scouting dept had him as their No.1 pick. But you be you and blame some guy on a web site. SAD. You have proven that there are really dumb fans.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Whole Bears staff and ownership thought so too. Whole scouting dept had him as their No.1 pick. But you be you and blame some guy on a web site. SAD. You have proven that there are really dumb fans.
The difference is that you thought this 3 years in when 99% of the world used their eyes and common sense and realized that he wasn't.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I agree he was'nt the problem. I knew that from year 1. Not my fault it took you 5 years to see that.
That why absolutely no one even offered him a job to sniff a starting spot

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
starting to think "I trust Ted" is code for Ted Phillips is blackmailing the entire McCaskey clan. wtf has Ted done to improve the football played by the Chicago Bears?
Phillips is hardly blackmailing the McCaskey's. Fact is he has made them billions of dollars. He is their golden goose. Hopefully the Arlington Hights project will keep him far, far away from football operations.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
  • Bears fans are not stupid.
  • Why would the board of directors fire the chairman of the board if most of them are his relatives?
  • Don't criticize fans for yelling at high school football games. It may not be right but you should apologize for making the unpopular decision to extend an unsuccessful head coach because he has great collaboration skills.
  • Take some responsibility for poor decision making during the last 25 years or so.
  • Watch and listen to former players on tv, radio, internet, etc. You may learn something. When they say things like Nagy being Nagy you better find out what this means.
  • When you have a coach that keeps saying we need to look at the tape and find out the whys-give a deadline. You have 3 weeks to figure this out or you are gone. Also if you ever say that again in a press conference, you are out of here.
  • This organization has lost all credibility. If you don't get the new hires right, it may take several years before the Bears organization has any credibility in the NFL.
  • Please explain the benefit of not firing a head coach during the season. Do you really want a head coach calling 3 passing plays on 4th and short during a game. The last game of this season was an embarrassment to this organization and to anyone who calls themselves a Bears fan.
Some good points, thanx...

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
  • Bears fans are not stupid.
  • Why would the board of directors fire the chairman of the board if most of them are his relatives?
  • Don't criticize fans for yelling at high school football games. It may not be right but you should apologize for making the unpopular decision to extend an unsuccessful head coach because he has great collaboration skills.
  • Take some responsibility for poor decision making during the last 25 years or so.
  • Watch and listen to former players on tv, radio, internet, etc. You may learn something. When they say things like Nagy being Nagy you better find out what this means.
  • When you have a coach that keeps saying we need to look at the tape and find out the whys-give a deadline. You have 3 weeks to figure this out or you are gone. Also if you ever say that again in a press conference, you are out of here.
  • This organization has lost all credibility. If you don't get the new hires right, it may take several years before the Bears organization has any credibility in the NFL.
  • Please explain the benefit of not firing a head coach during the season. Do you really want a head coach calling 3 passing plays on 4th and short during a game. The last game of this season was an embarrassment to this organization and to anyone who calls themselves a Bears fan.
after reading this post, i know at least one of them is, I'm no fan of the front office, but placing blame on them for adults acting like spoiled children at a kids high school football game puts you in the brain dead cemetary

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Basically as fans we are fucked. Unless we luck into a HC/ GM combo, or the McGoofballs sell the team. It will continue to be an endless cycle of BS with an occasional good season.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
Phillips is hardly blackmailing the McCaskey's. Fact is he has made them billions of dollars. He is their golden goose. Hopefully the Arlington Hights project will keep him far, far away from football operations.
anybody could make money being associated with the Bears. They have a very large and loyal fanbase who continue to tune in despite how poorly run they are and the shit product on the field. Degenerates like all of us here discussing what a dumbfuck George is and how he can keep a non-football guy like Ted in place of a making football decisions.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
That why absolutely no one even offered him a job to sniff a starting spot
He will get his starting job this upcoming season. Nagy has shown to be the problem. Trubisky did better then any QB under Nagy. That says a lot.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
What's sickening is there is no accountability at the top. In the Super Bowl era, the Bears have two appearances and one championship. At some point you'd think ownership would look at that record and consider what the problem is. Hint: it's ownership and the way the board and front office are structured. You can change the GM, the coach, the players all you want but until ownership divests itself from the day to day operations of the franchise and hires good football people to run things at the top, nothing will really change.

Actually, the biggest change that would help the Bears next year sadly has nothing to do with the Bears. Rodgers leaving the Packers and the division this off season would help the Bears more than ownership is capable of.

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
McCaskey's are clueless at least when it comes to owning and operating a successful football franchise.

In 29 seasons of McCaskey family control the Bears are 217-248 (.467) -21st in the NFL in that span. They have made seven playoff appearances -tied for 24th in the NFL in that span. They have four playoff victories - tied for 26th in the NFL in that span. Doubt anything will ever change with this team unless there are new people at the top or we luck into the next Patrick Mahommes.

Ernie54

Liked Posts:
after reading this post, i know at least one of them is, I'm no fan of the front office, but placing blame on them for adults acting like spoiled children at a kids high school football game puts you in the brain dead cemetary
It is not necessary to insult people except perhaps the Bears ownership and front office. In my humble opinion George could have started out the press conference something like the following: First of all on behalf of the entire Bears organization, I would like to apologize for all of the "Fire Nagy" chants that were heard at various sporting events this year. I understand the frustration of Bears fans and I regret not firing coach Nagy at the end of last season. If I had not made the unpopular decision to keep coach Nagy for another year, the "Fire Nagy" chants would not have happened.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You really started off easy didn't you, sucking the stupids in right quick?

Ernie54

Liked Posts:
Basically as fans we are fucked. Unless we luck into a HC/ GM combo, or the McGoofballs sell the team. It will continue to be an endless cycle of BS with an occasional good season.
Agree. I was watching a livestream of the last game. Someone made a hilarious comment. They said the Packers offered the Bears a 2nd round draft pick to keep Nagy for another year!!!