GDT - Blackhawks vs. Candiens - 7:30 cst

Granada

Liked Posts:
OMG.....two shit teams. The worst looking OT goal ever. In typical NHL style, they have two replays for said goal and do them in the wrong order. How was that not offside? He was offside by 2 feet. If they get the offside call right, they don't even have to watch the goal replay.

An official gift to the Hawks from the NHL.
Yeah I feel like I've seen both of those calls called the opposite way in recent years. But hey, I'll take it I guess.

Very disappointed we couldn't put this game away early against a shit team who got rolled the night before by Boston, but then again, we were without Seth Jones, Dach, and Strome (and Johnson who's been out for forever, so that's 3 of our starting centers).

3 in a row. De Haan with 2 solid games in a row.

Orestes

Liked Posts:
Legacy of Andrew Shaw? one night to honour a guy who scored 1 20 goal season as a highlight.
Hawks joining the trend of tribute nights like other teams for a guy that has a cup of coffee with a team and they get special night. Stop the madness!
What put the Hawks over the top in the 2010s was their supporting cast. Shaw was as dynamic as any of them and those intangibles he brought were appreciated by Hawks fans. A well-deserved salute to "Shawzy"!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Galvas has had two good games in a row.

He’s steady, doesn’t do too much, and has his head in the game every time he’s on the ice.

Averaging 21 minutes so far. Don’t think he’s played bad enough to be taken out, either.

Mitchell is a bust, but this kid has potential

Orestes

Liked Posts:
Yeah I feel like I've seen both of those calls called the opposite way in recent years. But hey, I'll take it I guess.

Very disappointed we couldn't put this game away early against a shit team who got rolled the night before by Boston, but then again, we were without Seth Jones, Dach, and Strome (and Johnson who's been out for forever, so that's 3 of our starting centers).

3 in a row. De Haan with 2 solid games in a row.
Stuff happens. Like Columbus with 6-0 shut out at Carolina last night. So at least there's some momentum heading into Saturday vs. Anaheim, the Ducks 2nd straight road game in as many nights.

Granada

Liked Posts:
What put the Hawks over the top in the 2010s was their supporting cast. Shaw was as dynamic as any of them and those intangibles he brought were appreciated by Hawks fans. A well-deserved salute to "Shawzy"!
Agreed. Shaw was solid. He was 3rd liner, but he wasn't a scrub. He won 2 Stanley Cups while with the team. I have no problem giving him a legacy night.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Galvas has had two good games in a row.

He’s steady, doesn’t do too much, and has his head in the game every time he’s on the ice.

Averaging 21 minutes so far. Don’t think he’s played bad enough to be taken out, either.

Mitchell is a bust, but this kid has potential
Let's be careful here. Mitchell looked like a stud in his first few games too, I want to say his first 20-30 games too, and what happened? I like what I've seen from Galvas, but I won't make the same mistake I did with Mitchell and crown him yet. Plus Galvas looked pretty bad on that extended shift where he had at least 2 turnovers.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Now if only we knew who the coach was going to be to actually develop these young kids.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Impressed with Galvas

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Let's be careful here. Mitchell looked like a stud in his first few games too, I want to say his first 20-30 games too, and what happened? I like what I've seen from Galvas, but I won't make the same mistake I did with Mitchell and crown him yet. Plus Galvas looked pretty bad on that extended shift where he had at least 2 turnovers.
Well, Keith carried Mitchell early, just like he carried Bustvist, just like he carried a broken down Seabrook, a young Joker, etc.

Galvas doesn’t have that luxury. And if your going to pick out a blow out shift, that’s really not that bad considering most NHL defenseman don’t look good on a long shift outside of the high cardio guys like….Keith or Seth.