legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Nagy holds players accountable. He also doesn’t listen to his players like he said he did. It was obvious Mitch was uncomfortable as hell with what was being asked of him. Same with Justin… 1 goddamn passing yard v Browns.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I read it earlier today and I have to say..."holy crap". If this shit is true, Nagy should've been canned a long ass time ago. I don't mind a coach who yells or whatever, but your own offense and playcalling has been shit. Gotta point the finger at yourself too
Yup George had that embarrassing performance last year keeping pace and naggy. He was even more embarrassing this year

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good luck to Mitch, he's never seemed like a bad guy. I just don't know that coaching makes you unable to hit a deep crosser. Reading coverage was one thing, the accuracy was something else altogether.

We all knew Nagy had a large ego, so being a jerk shouldn't surprise us as there is a large correlation between those two things.

As for the organization-
1) The whole "forcing coaches onto GMs" thing - Seriously WTF? And make no mistake, I blame Pace for Fox, but that should never have been a pressured hire.
2) Whether Ted has any say or not, it's clear that the perception means something. It never should have taken that long to get him out of the chain.

Those are the bad ones to me. Beyond that, I don't have much issue with this search so far beyond George being a terrible spokesman.

Reading the rest of the article, players just want to complain when they don't win. Lovie hasn't done crap since he got fired. Arians/Mohomes/Ballard were mistakes, but those happen with every team and the replacements have been fired, so the current slate at least is clean.

And this weird narrative over the last few months that the Bears need to get former players involved - Briggs, Tillman, Brown, Kreutz, whoever else, I loved them as players but they would all almost certainly make terrible GMs. I have no problem treating former players as living statues instead of potential resources because I think most of them are hard headed idiots and if I have to hear one more time about how Lovie was fired after 10 wins, I'm going to start muting them on Twitter.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Nagy holds players accountable. He also doesn’t listen to his players like he said he did. It was obvious Mitch was uncomfortable as hell with what was being asked of him. Same with Justin… 1 goddamn passing yard v Browns.
Seemed like he didn't know how/when to hold players accountable. He was that passive aggressive coach that will end up being a QB coach if/when he gets back into the NFL

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
TO SOME, THOUGH, IT WAS EVIDENT THAT THINGS WEREN’T WORKING OUT WITH THE QUARTERBACK AND HEAD COACH. “MITCH NEVER CHECKED THE BOXES FOR NAGY FROM DAY 1,” SAID ONE SOURCE.

THEN CAME THE WEEK 1 MATCHUP AGAINST GREEN BAY. IN THE MOST ANTICIPATED REGULAR-SEASON BEARS GAME IN DECADES, TRUBISKY WAS 26-FOR-45 PASSING WITH ONE INTERCEPTION AND NO TOUCHDOWNS. HE WAS SACKED FIVE TIMES. THE BEARS LOST 10-3. “THE PACKERS GAME WAS WHERE YOU WERE LIKE, ‘OH SHIT, THIS IS NOT WORKING OUT,’” SAID ONE SOURCE.

TO THOSE WHO HAD FOLLOWED TRUBISKY’S SHORT CAREER, IT WAS APPARENT THE MATCH WASN’T WORKING. THE GENERAL SENTIMENT? NAGY TRIED TO MAKE HIS QUARTERBACK SOMETHING THAT HE WASN’T. “MATT UNDERSTANDS THAT PUBLIC PERCEPTION,” A FORMER BEARS PLAYER SAID. “IF HIS QUARTERBACK ISN’T DOING WHAT HE WANTS, WHAT HE SEES IN HIS DREAMS, IT’S GOING TO BE A TOUGH DYNAMIC, AND IT’S GOING TO REFLECT POORLY ON HIM AND HIS STAFF.”

This is problem number 1,2,3,4 and 5.

He says he adjusts to player…. Fuck you Nagy

Would have been nice of him to say this in the interview.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
The bills/bears preseason game was the ultimate fuck you from mitch to nagy,I can see him mad dogging Nagy from the sidelines..

Fuck nagy!

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That’s not holding anyone accountable. That’s just starting by believing one player is uncoachable from jump street and making it a self fulfilling prophecy.

Then a bunch of other QBs couldn’t operate in his shitty system. Just a bad coach.

greg23

Liked Posts:
yesterday: nO aCcOunTaBilIty!!!!!! toO nIcE!!!!!

today: OMG WHAT AN ASSHOLE

Yesterday:

BHVWGHC

Today:

former bald coach, egg toss coordinator and real estate agent who's unemployed

And the #mush says there isn't a God?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was just reading this article this morning on The Atlantic and was just like, it figures. I wish a lot of this had come out while he was still posturing around and warming up the smoke machine for Club Dubbbbb.

This also begs the question of why they didn't fire his ass last year. No showing a meeting is the ultimate example of unprofessionalism. Nagy didn't develop a damn thing. Worst coach I've ever heard of. Ever. He is the baseline that I now use for what a bad coach is.
@BaBaBlacksheep