Nagy Era Leaks

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
yesterday: nO aCcOunTaBilIty!!!!!! toO nIcE!!!!!

today: OMG WHAT AN ASSHOLE
I was never one of those posters who cared how nice a coach was and blah blah but to me accountability goes two ways. Nagy had to hold himself accountable when he refused to run, left his QBs on an island, ran a small back on the middle, called a timeout first then challenged and other shit

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I was never one of those posters who cared how nice a coach was and blah blah but to me accountability goes two ways. Nagy had to hold himself accountable when he refused to run, left his QBs on an island, ran a small back on the middle, called a timeout first then challenged and other shit
Oh, I'm not defending him. He absolutely refused to hold himself accountable. The hubris was painfully obvious.

I just think it's funny.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I expected stuff like this to come out. Didn't expect it this quickly. Patiently waiting for Foles and Graham to be gone so we can get some really good stuff.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean we all saw Mitch miss wide open Taylor Gabriel and Miller way too many times. So I'm not saying Mitch didn't suck. However, when he says the offense isn't working and he wants to change it, and then the guy you handpicked, Foles, says the same thing. Maybe the coach is definitely to blame. How stubborn are you that you can't listen to your players when they tell you something isn't working?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I expected stuff like this to come out. Didn't expect it this quickly. Patiently waiting for Foles and Graham to be gone so we can get some really good stuff.
Big Dick Nick sure seemed like he had a LOT to say, lol

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
yesterday: nO aCcOunTaBilIty!!!!!! toO nIcE!!!!!

today: OMG WHAT AN ASSHOLE
Accountability doesn't have to include shaming your teammates publicly.

Imagine an office environment where every mistake is laundry listed in front of your coworkers....

that's not teaching...its punishment.

the beatings will continue until morale improves

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
TO SOME, THOUGH, IT WAS EVIDENT THAT THINGS WEREN’T WORKING OUT WITH THE QUARTERBACK AND HEAD COACH. “MITCH NEVER CHECKED THE BOXES FOR NAGY FROM DAY 1,” SAID ONE SOURCE.

THEN CAME THE WEEK 1 MATCHUP AGAINST GREEN BAY. IN THE MOST ANTICIPATED REGULAR-SEASON BEARS GAME IN DECADES, TRUBISKY WAS 26-FOR-45 PASSING WITH ONE INTERCEPTION AND NO TOUCHDOWNS. HE WAS SACKED FIVE TIMES. THE BEARS LOST 10-3. “THE PACKERS GAME WAS WHERE YOU WERE LIKE, ‘OH SHIT, THIS IS NOT WORKING OUT,’” SAID ONE SOURCE.

TO THOSE WHO HAD FOLLOWED TRUBISKY’S SHORT CAREER, IT WAS APPARENT THE MATCH WASN’T WORKING. THE GENERAL SENTIMENT? NAGY TRIED TO MAKE HIS QUARTERBACK SOMETHING THAT HE WASN’T. “MATT UNDERSTANDS THAT PUBLIC PERCEPTION,” A FORMER BEARS PLAYER SAID. “IF HIS QUARTERBACK ISN’T DOING WHAT HE WANTS, WHAT HE SEES IN HIS DREAMS, IT’S GOING TO BE A TOUGH DYNAMIC, AND IT’S GOING TO REFLECT POORLY ON HIM AND HIS STAFF.”

This is problem number 1,2,3,4 and 5.

He says he adjusts to player…. Fuck you Nagy

Why would he even take the job, if he didn’t want Mitch?

Darnell Mooney

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm gonna need an actual source to confirm this before I believe it, All signs point to Nagy not having enough accountability so this is odd.

Also when he was being interviewed he was the most sought after coach so why would he take the job if he didnt like mitch from day one. There are too many errors in this.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
So more coming out about how bad of a coach Nagy was.

What happens if Trubisky gets a shot with another team and finds some success? As bad a coach as Nagy was, he still had a winning record here. And if it turns out it was largely the coaching that ruined Mitch just like it's done no favors for Fields, Foles or Dalton, do people re-evaulate their perspective on Pace and his (in)ability to put talent on the field that can win games?
I think the Nagy hire really was the biggest factor to the Bears lack of success and ultimately pace getting fired. Even more than the Mitch pick.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Mitch has a HOF ceiling and will do great things in the NFL. I’ve said this since day one: once Rodgers leaves Green Bay, the Packers will sign Mitch. He will outcompete the bust that is Jordan Love. Mitch will become the next great Packers QB.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean we all saw Mitch miss wide open Taylor Gabriel and Miller way too many times. So I'm not saying Mitch didn't suck. However, when he says the offense isn't working and he wants to change it, and then the guy you handpicked, Foles, says the same thing. Maybe the coach is definitely to blame. How stubborn are you that you can't listen to your players when they tell you something isn't working?
Nagy handpicked 3 QBs, all of them hated the offense. That takes skill

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
there was a deep ball accuracy project on twitter a couple years ago, mitch's deep accuracy was good initially and declined in the later years...let me see if I can find it.

I believe during the draft Gruden identified his issue as deep ball accuracy though.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Mitch wrote notes to take to the meeting and Nagy didn't even show? That's some bullshit, poor Mitch.

We've come full circle now, sympathizing with Mitch after the fanbase trashed him relentlessly.

Just another in a long line of QBs the Bears ruined

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Great post. This kind of stuff comes out alot post-firing. Nagy was an idiot.