A-Rob now acting different now that Nagy and Pace are gone.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Thats fine but then who is the replacement for next season? Remember you wrote this if Mooney is wr1 and you’re wondering why the Bears can’t score points like other teams. We have no playmakers!
The Bears don't have a #1, but that's not a reason to bring back Robinson. The whole dang offense needs to be tore down and rebuilt if Justin Fields is going to have a real shot at meeting his full potential.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
For me, I wonder how much of this year was on Nagy failing to incorporate Arob in the game plan and how much of it was on Fields refusing to look his way or throw him the ball. Afterall, Arob has never been the type to create alot of separation.

While Ultimately I blame the coaches for not forcing the ball to Arob one way or the other as he deserves more than 2-3 targets a game.. If Its a matter of Justin having poor rapport with him, it's not worth the money. And I love ARob! But he is onky going to get older and slower
ARob came out earlier in the season and said a main reason they weren’t on the same page is he got almost zero reps with Justin before he took over as the starter.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
ARob came out earlier in the season and said a main reason they weren’t on the same page is he got almost zero reps with Justin before he took over as the starter.
And yet Mooney was reportedly working out with Fields in the off season if memory serves. Hmmm.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Basically blaming Nagy for the reason why he sucked this year - blames all the hitch routes.

If the Bears do seriously re-sign him, I hope he understands that after he quit this year, he has to go fucking earn it again...
its all an act. The more offers a player gets the more his value. He will go where the money is. I seriously doubt he will be back here after this past year. No way I would commit money to him in hopes he turns it around.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And yet Mooney was reportedly working out with Fields in the off season if memory serves. Hmmm.

Exactly. He had low effort all year, and you know it because we've seen him at high effort. He was mad at the franchise tag and determined to stick it to Nagy and Pace. Which is stupid because all he did was destroy his own value.

And it showed up on tape.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
its all an act. The more offers a player gets the more his value. He will go where the money is. I seriously doubt he will be back here after this past year. No way I would commit money to him in hopes he turns it around.

The act isn't going to matter with that low effort tape he put out last year.

Not going to lie - I'd take a chance on him for one more year after having a real talk with him about his effort and attitude, but NOT as our #1 WR and NOT even at half the salary he made last year. If he wants to come back on a one year "prove it" deal, he's more than welcome. But not under any other circumstances.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
He had no chemistry with Fields. You can weave whatever predetermined narrative you want with that.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Exactly. He had low effort all year, and you know it because we've seen him at high effort. He was mad at the franchise tag and determined to stick it to Nagy and Pace. Which is stupid because all he did was destroy his own value.

And it showed up on tape.

He wasn’t trying to stick it to anybody by sabotaging his value. Fields and him didn’t mesh for or whatever reason and he hardly got the ball. After a while the season was doomed and he knew It. That’s when the “injury” happened. By the time he got back to try and sort of cap it off right and maybe get some value back it was too late. The team sucked. It was obvious Mooney had replaced him and he just quit.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Bears could use the old ARob. If he wants to stay and the deal makes sense why not?
That’s the key: does he want to stay? Because some team is going to offer him more than we are willing to..

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Are they though?

He seems like a pretty clear cut 1 year prove it deal sort of player. If somebody offered him multiple years it would be at a big discount. The max he can get next year is signing a one year deal and trying to parlay it into some sort of 3-4 year deal by playing well. I could see him getting like 6-9 million next year and that’s it.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was pissed he was disrespected for 18 million. No chemistry with Fields, none with Dalton either. Zero effort on some intercepted balls, alligator arms on others. Whatever.

Don’t let the door hit you on your way out, ARob.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
He was pissed he was disrespected for 18 million. No chemistry with Fields, none with Dalton either. Zero effort on some intercepted balls, alligator arms on others. Whatever.

Don’t let the door hit you on your way out, ARob.
Pissed, so like an angry teenager he moped around, gave minimal effort most weeks and just didnt seem to give a shit. Yet he started every week he was healthy lol. This organization, man.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh. Teams can cut players when they want to and players, once free agents, can go to whatever team has interest or the best contract offered. That’s the deal. I don’t begrudge ARob going and making as much money as he can. This is probably going to be is last, big contract due to his age and where he is in his career. I don’t think he’s a top tier WR, but he’s damn good and certainly drew the short end of the stick being in Jacksonville and then Nagy’s Bears offense. I think he will get paid, but this year did probably cost him some money.

He had a good few years for the Bears and was one of the few good WRs we have had here (there aren’t many) so I wish him luck in the rest of his career and life.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Would rather not spend on a player who is not elite and wants to get paid as such. Doesn’t get a lot of separation and hasn’t shown the ability to make the spectacular/contested catch. Not the fastest guy and weak blocker.

Think the bears should go younger and find someone with more speed and explosiveness to pair with Mooney. Get more speed on the outside and will open things up a bit over the middle for Coal Cement. Especially with someone orchestrating an offense that doesn’t still eat alphabet soup. I think Monty was underutilized as a receiver as well. If Trestman was OC, Monty would prob have had 70 catches

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ARob is a very good WR. Bad coach, lack of respect, no time with fields, bad routes for him—so many reasons to check out. I don't LIKE that he kind of gave up, but i can understand losing faith. We're all worked at jobs where we checked out due to the bullshit. I'd give him one more year with Fields. ARob, the OLD ARob, with Mooney and another WR could be something special. If Kmet can take a step forward, that too. Monty is already pretty great.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pissed, so like an angry teenager he moped around, gave minimal effort most weeks and just didnt seem to give a shit. Yet he started every week he was healthy lol. This organization, man.

Tape was running the whole time. Eighteen million for 600 yards. Who’s gonna pony up for that?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Build the O-Line first, then receivers. Need time to throw ball.

Building Oline isn't rebuild hell.

This is rebuild hell, tear it all down and start over.
3 years (the way Bears do it) to get a team while we have Fields rotting away. First year we take cap hits and trade away more of the future to get teams to take players we don't want. Then we don't have the cap or the picks to get good players
The Bears don't have a #1, but that's not a reason to bring back Robinson. The whole dang offense needs to be tore down and rebuilt if Justin Fields is going to have a real shot at meeting his full potential.

And if he survives 3 years without a team he might be a QB???