***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The problem with Daboll is did he just get lucky with Allen? For a guy who has been a coach for a while the only real sucess on his resume is Allen.

As a fan you can never know for sure how much of a QB's development is coaching and how much is the QB which is why I would prefer to have seen some success with someone else.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The problem with Daboll is did he just get lucky with Allen? For a guy who has been been a coach for a while the only real sucess on his resume is Allen.

As a fan you can never know for show how much of a QB's development is coaching and how much is the QB which is why I would prefer to have seen some success with someone else.
Who else is out there that has successfully developed a QB? That should be one major qualifier for any potential HC.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who else is out there that has successfully developed a QB? That should be one major qualifier for any potential HC.

You arent following. I repeat.

As a fan you can never know for sure how much of a QB's development is coaching and how much is the QB which is why I would prefer to have seen some success with someone else.

You cant be sure that Daboll really developed Allen or whether Allen would have developed with any decent OC. Which again is why it would have been good to see him have success outside Allen.

I would prefer someone that has had success with multiple QBs. That is my preference. You are free to prefer Daboll. To each his own.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Harbaugh wants to be GM/HC. Probably not an option unless there is no GM candidate Bears are in love with or if there is one willing to take a back seat.

If he does not get control of the 53 then Harbaugh will take more money to run the whole show at Michigan.
Where does it say he wants to be the GM too? He doesn't want to work for an ass like in SF. If it was someone he gets along with it might work.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You arent following. I repeat.

You cant be sure that Daboll really developed Allen or whether Allen would have developed with any decent OC. Which again is why it would have been good to see him have success outside Allen.

I would prefer someone that has had success with multiple QBs. That is my preference. You are free to prefer Daboll. To each his own.
And I’m asking who’s available that’s had success with multiple QBs? You can only work with what’s available to you. I didn’t misunderstand anything.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
The problem with Daboll is did he just get lucky with Allen? For a guy who has been a coach for a while the only real sucess on his resume is Allen.

What encourages me is that he's been with Allen since he was drafted and he's gotten significantly better each year. The other guys he had were all journeymen guys, just good enough to be in the league but not someone whose had significant success anywhere else.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
What encourages me is that he's been with Allen since he was drafted and he's gotten significantly better each year. The other guys he had were all journeymen guys, just good enough to be in the league but not someone whose had significant success anywhere else.
Not sure whose idea it was but Allen was taking dancing lessons for a couple years to help with his feet.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Embarrassing Bill Belichick gets high points with me.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And I’m asking who’s available that’s had success with multiple QBs? You can only work with what’s available to you. I didn’t misunderstand anything.

Leftwich, Hackett for example. Also coaches like Frazier and Bowles have had success with multiple teams albeit on D.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Sure but did he elevate those journeymen? I want a coach that has succeeded with mutltiple teams. Whether on O or D.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Da bears da boll da bears da boll da bears da boll

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Harbaugh wants to be GM/HC. Probably not an option unless there is no GM candidate Bears are in love with or if there is one willing to take a back seat.

If he does not get control of the 53 then Harbaugh will take more money to run the whole show at Michigan.
I would agree. I also think Harbaugh is the type who would take a GM's input on a player and value his opinion as well.

I don't think you interview Harbaugh...I really don't. If you call him/his people and know he wants the job you just offer him after finding a price range of what it would take. Just my .02.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Another question is how important is Dorsey to Allen's development?

Dorsey likely moves to BUF OC if Daboll leaves.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Sure but did he elevate those journeymen? I want a coach that has succeeded with mutltiple teams. Whether on O or D.
This is fair and I had similar concerns until I looked into it.

2009, 2010 seasons the Browns improved their total points per game each season (though admittedly, only by a point or so each season). His QBs were Brady Quinn and Colt McCoy.

2011 - Miami went from 31st in the league in points per game to 20th in his lone season. His QB was Matt Moore who had the best season of his career by a long shot.

2012 - Put up basically the same point totals as the prior year though their defense was way worse than in 2011. QBs were Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn. Jamaal Charles had arguably the best season of his career. Of his OC tenure, this is the worst one.

Then with the Bills, they weren't very good years 1 and 2 but they had basically nothing at WR, and the ageless Frank Gore was their featured back. Once they upgraded at wide receiver and grabbed Singleton in the 3rd round, that was when they took off. Their #1 receiver in 2018 (John Brown) was their #4 WR in 2020. #2 in scoring points last year and #3 this year.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Another question is how important is Dorsey to Allen's development?

Dorsey likely moves to BUF OC if Daboll leaves.
Or he goes with Daboll or Frazier when they become HCs…

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Or he goes with Daboll or Frazier when they become HCs…
Could be but why would he leave to coach under Daboll who is an offensive coach?

And why would he leave Allen? He's got a great org there, almost no chance he'd go imo.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Nate Hackett has a shot if Harbaugh is not in the picture