Zoom Meetings vs. Face to Face

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I see Denver & Miami are flying in this weekend for interviews with candidates vs. our zoom approach.
Does it or should it make a difference with the prospects at this stage? Does it make pursuer look more invested
or a more spare no expense type to get their guy? I was just surprised and curious to see this.
If I was interviewing for a job and they sent a private jet to get me I would be impressed, just saying.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Zoom or in person, these candidates are going to try to impress no matter what way. I’m sure they all want a head coach position and are going to try their best to wow them.

LetsGo34

Liked Posts:
Zoom is inferior especially if you want to observe body language. If I was seriously considering candidates for a job opening, it would be in-person.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Zoom or in person, these candidates are going to try to impress no matter what way. I’m sure they all want a head coach position and are going to try their best to wow them.
I understand they all want the job but the question is does it make the hiring group look that much better
to take the time & spend the money in round 1?

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
I see Denver & Miami are flying in this weekend for interviews with candidates vs. our zoom approach.
Does it or should it make a difference with the prospects at this stage? Does it make pursuer look more invested
or a more spare no expense type to get their guy? I was just surprised and curious to see this.
If I was interviewing for a job and they sent a private jet to get me I would be impressed, just saying.
I prefer to look at results and body of work rather than “wowing” an interview. Sort of like combine freaks that that get overvalued. Then as long as someone can articulate themselves and is a good communicator, that’s all that matters. I feel you can get that over Zoom.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe if Mitch tried to setup a zoom meeting, Nagy would have shown up. Fucking idiot branedead mole-eye bust of a QB.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We are doing GM 1st unless an established vet HC that wouldn't need much of an interview anyway. I don't think it's a big deal.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
George prefers zoom meetings because they are more like the all important mock press conference.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Those other teams have GM's. Quite honestly, I'm not even sure what the point is for the Bears to be interviewing HC at all right now without a GM. George and Ted's opinion on coaches doesn't matter at all.

BigBill

Liked Posts:
As dumb as he comes across, I would hope Georgie isn't stupid enough to be interviewing the top tier candidates via zoom.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those other teams have GM's. Quite honestly, I'm not even sure what the point is for the Bears to be interviewing HC at all right now without a GM. George and Ted's opinion on coaches doesn't matter at all.
dats why they are just preliminary, first round

save some time for the GM