I will never understand why after probably only viewing ONE GAME from the Bills in the playoffs that now Daboll is supposed to be the bears new HC?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was a top HC candidate at the beginning of the season, fell out of favor when the Bills went into a slump (especially on offense), and now back towards the head of the class.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Look at some of the other threads before assuming everyone here is bandwagoning.

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
You could even say Daboll/McDermott underachieved (with how good the defense was) this season by losing 6 games and not competing with the Chiefs for the #1 seed. All about the playoffs though, so we'll see how it turns out.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It's like someone whomst only watched bears games decides to acturally pay attention to another team and decides that is a sufficient level of experience with the team and the offense and the coordinator considered to be a HC candidate to make this sort of assessment that Daboll is capable of being the panacea for curing all of the Bears ills I mean are you kidding me?

Literally shut up with this horrible take and stop showing your football ignorance and stick to just posting tweets from some ignoramus want to be bears insider instead.
There very well could be a few more after todays game. Offense is the soup du jour

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I also wonder how much the Daboll offense was helped by the #1 defense.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Why is the assumption that the people wanting Daboll have only ever watched one game of his? The Bills have been one of the most entertaining teams the last two seasons to watch on offense and defense. Even with the sucky stretch they had, they still finished 3rd in points per game and 5th in yards.

I watched Allen a few times his rookie year and he looked like ass. I saw him play in person in college and couldn't believe this guy was supposed to be a top draft pick because he sucked. Now 3 seasons later, he's one of the best QBs in the game. That's development and that's the type of QB development I want to see happen for Justin Fields.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
The Bills have had 14 primetime + playoff games in the last two seasons. Anyone living out of market has probably seen more Bills games than Bears games in that time.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Daboll is still down on my list of HC candidates, he's done a really good job of developing Allen. That offense is pretty stacked at al positions sans RB(sorta). But, I'd want an offensive minded coach to have a good vision of what he expects out of the other side of the ball too.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
It's like someone whomst only watched bears games decides to acturally pay attention to another team and decides that is a sufficient level of experience with the team and the offense and the coordinator considered to be a HC candidate to make this sort of assessment that Daboll is capable of being the panacea for curing all of the Bears ills I mean are you kidding me?

Literally shut up with this horrible take and stop showing your football ignorance and stick to just posting tweets from some ignoramus want to be bears insider instead.
Nawww....I also watched the Bears vs
Bills preseason game this year

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I agree. I find it odd that now, all of a sudden, because of this one game, everybody is a fan of Daboll.

Don't be a prisoner of the moment. Making decisions based on the emotions of a singular moment in time is a recipe for disaster. Daboll may end up being a great HC, but one game doesn't change the fact that his resume outside of Buffalo is not good.

It should worry people that the only time he had any success just so happened to coincide with the rise of Josh Allen. If Daboll was truly a QB whisperer, you would think he would have been able to get more out of the other quarterbacks he coached, but that was never the case.
You are suggesting he should have been able to get more out of B Quinn, D Anderson, Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallaece, Matt Moore, JP Losman, Chad, Henne, Matt Cassel, and Quinn again?

He should have been able to somehow make this who's who of QB failures succeed in the average of 6.4 games they started for him?

He has had the misfortune of affixing himself to some of the worst HC's in recent NFL history and teams with a revolving door at shit QB, the first opportunity to develop an offense around a particular QB he has succeeded on a grand scale.

Would he duplicate it in CHI? Who knows, but any of the criticisms of his previous coaching stints is completely without context.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I agree. I find it odd that now, all of a sudden, because of this one game, everybody is a fan of Daboll.

Don't be a prisoner of the moment. Making decisions based on the emotions of a singular moment in time is a recipe for disaster. Daboll may end up being a great HC, but one game doesn't change the fact that his resume outside of Buffalo is not good.

It should worry people that the only time he had any success just so happened to coincide with the rise of Josh Allen. If Daboll was truly a QB whisperer, you would think he would have been able to get more out of the other quarterbacks he coached, but that was never the case.
Bad quarterbacks will never make a offensive coordinator look good. amirite

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
There were mighty struggles on the offense for the Bills this season during the regular season and also their quarterback is currently much better than Feilds and what about the defence? Head coach needs to do more then just be a QB coach horse whispering guru he needs to be a leader of men!
Their offense struggled in two games. Out of 17.

Jechang

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also wonder how much the Daboll offense was helped by the #1 defense.
I’m sure it helps. But the Bills’ defense was ranked 16th last year, and they were still 2nd in offense

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I still can’t get over this dudes bathroom selfie picture!
Why I look way better then your boyfriend in your picture and would literally never be caught even as a corpse wearing some other man's name on the outside of a shirt like that in real life and thirdly that bathroom is from when I lived with a room mate and we shared a bathroom but now I have more bathrooms than bedrooms in my condo so nobody has to share ever again not even when I host a twitch party so maybe get over yourselve and stop being boogdie and find a real man whomst has a future in the metaverse.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
You have to wonder... I mean seems like Daboll has been having a lot of problems getting the O going this year and gotta wonder if they cut him out of game planning and thats why there was such an improvement.

I mean this is pure speculation, but just sayin
They started out strong and then hit a lull prior but adjusted and adapted. Took off again from
there.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Also, there is a chance I am adding whomst to all kinds of shit in the future. This thread has changed me for the future.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’m sure it helps. But the Bills’ defense was ranked 16th last year, and they were still 2nd in offense
And they didn’t lose to a single team that had a losing record last year. So did the offense get better or worse? Lol