CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
With Flores, the key is what did he learn? Does he now have a MUCH better idea of what he wants in an OC and offense? Is he better able to lead and work with people? It’s a huge risk to assume those issues will clear up.

With Daboll, I think all the questions are already answered. He’s been through it, and he has learned from it. He’s ready.
Good call.

Here I was thinking you'd want to hire a HC who doesn't care about those things. Thanks for opening up my eyes.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t be extremely upset with Flores but I think it’s a bad strategy in 2022.

The modern NFL though is showing us again right now the closest path to continuous success is great QB + HC who specializes in offense. Four out of the 6 teams left have offense minded hc’s now.

Any other way forward at HC you risk being a flash in the pan, one year wonder (which I know a lot do us would take right now).

The rate of hitting on any of these young OC geniuses is low but once you do you are locked the fuck in because no team can steal them from you.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
With Flores, the key is what did he learn? Does he now have a MUCH better idea of what he wants in an OC and offense? Is he better able to lead and work with people? It’s a huge risk to assume those issues will clear up.

With Daboll, I think all the questions are already answered. He’s been through it, and he has learned from it. He’s ready.
Daboll, the guy who has never been a HC and has only found success with one QB, has all the questions answered.

holy fuck can you please go back to being a Lions fan?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t be extremely upset with Flores but I think it’s a bad strategy in 2022.

The modern NFL though is showing us again right now the closest path to continuous success is great QB + HC who specializes in offense. Four out of the 6 teams left have offense minded hc’s now.

Any other way forward at HC you risk being a flash in the pan, one year wonder (which I know a lot do us would take right now).

The rate of hitting on any of these young OC geniuses is low but once you do you are locked the fuck in because no team can steal them from you.

Is that because the bulk of NFL coaches have offensive backgrounds. Also Bellichek was a DC. Last I checked he leads all coaches in SB titles.

Rise

Liked Posts:

you know I think it’s ridiculous. So many candidates you need a spreadsheet. Acting like zoom is some major 2021 invention is hilarious as well.

It’s not the amount of candidates it’s the people who are judging them that has me concerned. I have no faith in their judgement so I’d just prefer they pay up for big names or at least general consensus top choices. Better chance for success.

I see the giants are onto the second phase and will get their top choice. That concerns me as well, don’t miss out on a top guy cause you want to interview candidate #62 in hopes he swindles you like car salesman Ryan Pace.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Is that because the bulk of NFL coaches have offensive backgrounds. Also Bellichek was a DC. Last I checked he leads all coaches in SB titles.
That could be part of it. It'd be interesting to know what that trend is over the last 5 years for teams who make it past wildcard weekend.

For Belicheck though, I think that's such an incredibly unique situation that we shouldn't even try to replicate because its failed so many times by other teams. Not only is Belicheck the best mind in football he also got extremely fortunate in a crazy situation where somehow one of the top offensive minds in football has been his OC 15 of the years he's been there (the last 10 years + first 3 before the Broncos hired him) because he turned out to be so toxic teams are all gun shy. And that's before we even mention Brady.

If the Bears went that route and lucked into one of those top OC's on the rise, he would definitely get poached and set the team back and make Fields have to learn another offense most likely. This is the situation guys like Herbert, Josh Allen, and potentially Lamar Jackson someday will be in too

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Leftwich seems like a version of Nagy.
Yes if Nagy had called plays for 56 games rather than just 6 games. Maybe they are similar in other respects but that is a massive difference in playcalling experience.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yes if Nagy had called plays for 56 games rather than just 6 games. Maybe they are similar in other respects but that is a massive difference in playcalling experience.
I worry he's too married to the way Arians does things, like Nagy and Reid.

Rise

Liked Posts:

Leftwich has shown the ability to change his scheme to match his players as well.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
you know I think it’s ridiculous. So many candidates you need a spreadsheet. Acting like zoom is some major 2021 invention is hilarious as well.

It’s not the amount of candidates it’s the people who are judging them that has me concerned. I have no faith in their judgement so I’d just prefer they pay up for big names or at least general consensus top choices. Better chance for success.

I see the giants are onto the second phase and will get their top choice. That concerns me as well, don’t miss out on a top guy cause you want to interview candidate #62 in hopes he swindles you like car salesman Ryan Pace.
I know I just wanted to hear it again. I think the McCaskeys are morons and will manage to mishandle this, but I think the process that is happening right now is actually being done the right way.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That could be part of it. It'd be interesting to know what that trend is over the last 5 years for teams who make it past wildcard weekend.

For Belicheck though, I think that's such an incredibly unique situation that we shouldn't even try to replicate because its failed so many times by other teams. Not only is Belicheck the best mind in football he also got extremely fortunate in a crazy situation where somehow one of the top offensive minds in football has been his OC 15 of the years he's been there (the last 10 years + first 3 before the Broncos hired him) because he turned out to be so toxic teams are all gun shy. And that's before we even mention Brady.

If the Bears went that route and lucked into one of those top OC's on the rise, he would definitely get poached and set the team back and make Fields have to learn another offense most likely. This is the situation guys like Herbert, Josh Allen, and potentially Lamar Jackson someday will be in too

Think one would need to actually see the data to back up the claim

Of the longest tenured coaches, 1, 3-5, and 7 were not offensive coaches. That is Bellichek, Tomlin, Harbaugh, Carroll and McDermott.