***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Leftwich has shown the ability to change his scheme to match his players as well.
I think that is taken a little out of context. It's been written that he's taken stuff from Arians and stuff from Brady and put them together. Great, but what happens when he doesn't have those resources, can he make stuff up by himself?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I worry he's too married to the way Arians does things, like Nagy and Reid.

That is a possibility but he did tweak things for Brady. I think it is also important to note he obviously played in offenses other than Arians as a QB. Clearly Arians is his biggest influence but he would have had to learn several different playbooks over the course of his playing career.

I think that is taken a little out of context. It's been written that he's taken stuff from Arians and stuff from Brady and put them together. Great, but what happens when he doesn't have those resources, can he make stuff up by himself?

Make what up? Most coaches don't create anything new. They just combine existing plays from different schemes or concepts to come up with their own playbook.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I know I just wanted to hear it again. I think the McCaskeys are morons and will manage to mishandle this, but I think the process that is happening right now is actually being done the right way.

Why though? If they had hired a new President on Black Monday then I would have confidence. Why is this time different? Is it the event planner, the old man, or the lunch room shrink that gives you this confidence? It can’t be George or Teddy.

Remember Emery interviewed a million people too, overthought it and ended up with that lesbian from Canada over Arians. Casting a wide net is only a good thing if the people making the decision are competent.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why though? If they had hired a new President on Black Monday then I would have confidence. Why is this time different? Is it the event planner, the old man, or the lunch room shrink that gives you this confidence? It can’t be George or Teddy.

Remember Emery interviewed a million people too, overthought it and ended up with that lesbian from Canada over Arians. Casting a wide net is only a good thing if the people making the decision are competent.

There is no point belaboring the point. All we can do now is see who they chose.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Seems to be a disconnect. I said McCaskeys are idiots and likely to botch this. But the process is right.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
just saw an article claiming the Bears are smitten with Flores

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Think one would need to actually see the data to back up the claim

Of the longest tenured coaches, 1, 3-5, and 7 were not offensive coaches. That is Bellichek, Tomlin, Harbaugh, Carroll and McDermott.

I was referencing teams specifically trying to mimic the Belicheck model by poaching guys from the Pats - not all none OC's

That is a good point on those guys though. It makes you wonder if that's a trend that is going to persist going forward or if those guys are going to be even more outnumbered by offensive minded guys at HC once guys like that retire (Besides Mcdermott obviously still being young) or swing back the other way

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
just saw an article claiming the Bears are smitten with Flores
My guess is they are trying to find a GM who will hire Flores instead of letting the GM pick his coach.

My opinion and slight prediction only, don't freak out message boards heros

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You of all people judging which posts are pointless, that’s rich.

Yes I vortex all the time so I can see when someone is going down that road. If you wish to emulate me then that is fine but you better have a thick skin for when people try to tell you enough is enough Padawan.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Leftwich (professionally, not personally), is much like Adam Gase in Denver when he was the OC with Peyton. Everybody thought Gase was the next “guru”. He turned out to be a big pile of shit. That was Peyton’s offense, not Gases’. The Bucs offense is Brady’s, not Arians, or even Leftwich’s.

Hard pass.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
That is a possibility but he did tweak things for Brady. I think it is also important to note he obviously played in offenses other than Arians as a QB. Clearly Arians is his biggest influence but he would have had to learn several different playbooks over the course of his playing career.

Make what up? Most coaches don't create anything new. They just combine existing plays from different schemes or concepts to come up with their own playbook.

Again with the Brady reference. By "tweak", you mean Brady told him what to put in the offense... lol

Brady brings 20 years of successful offense, he's like a coach on the field. But sure, Leftwich is an offense guru because he has someone else make his offense for him. /s

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Again with the Brady reference. By "tweak", you mean Brady told him what to put in the offense... lol

Brady brings 20 years of successful offense, he's like a coach on the field. But sure, Leftwich is an offense guru because he has someone else make his offense for him. /s
Pretty sure there was some collaboration goin on.