Supposedly the recent Fields trade rumors came from Flores

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

There are some other tweets out there that I didn't copy here but supposedly when Flores interviewed with the Bears, he pitched trading Justin Fields for deshaun Watson.

And Flores is determined to have DeShaun Watson wherever he goes. So wherever he lands, he wants to trade for watson. That's his guy and his mind....

Take that for whatever it's worth, and definitely with a grain of salt.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

There are some other tweets out there that I didn't copy here but supposedly when Flores interviewed with the Bears, he pitched trading Justin Fields for deshaun Watson.

And Flores is determined to have DeShaun Watson wherever he goes. So wherever he lands, he wants to trade for watson. That's his guy and his mind....

Take that for whatever it's worth, and definitely with a grain of salt.
if true you can cross flores off the bears list.
there is no end in sight for watson and his legal issues and then its about what it would cost the bears and if houston even wants fields.

Liked Posts:
Highly doubt that. Why would the coach be brining up trade scenarios in an interview? Especially since the bears are clearly committed to Fields and want to give him at least another year before talking about trading him....especially when its for a guy who's facing a bunch of sexual harassments lawsuits and has been benched for a whole year?

Tis the season of shitty rumors I guess.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
If Flores is that invested in Watson, he'd just go to Houston. No team, especially with their own promising young quarterback, would want to trade significant resources for that amount of baggage.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read an article yesterday that said more than one GM interviewed by the Bears is not comfortable with Fields and would look for an alternate quarterback plan. I am not going to agree or disagree with that opinion. However, I find it very hard to believe that if this did happen it would have leaked out, at least so quickly.

If Adam Shefter says it, it's probably true. Most of the other sources except Rapoport just seem to improvise.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Highly doubt that. Why would the coach be brining up trade scenarios in an interview? Especially since the bears are clearly committed to Fields and want to give him at least another year before talking about trading him....especially when its for a guy who's facing a bunch of sexual harassments lawsuits and has been benched for a whole year?

Tis the season of shitty rumors I guess.

Things are starting to get really wild now - I've slow played a lot that is out there now, just because you don't know where they are coming from.

For instance, the Frazier and Eberfleuss stuff - there's word that these reports are actually coming from Chris Ballard's camp to try to get these guys hired and generate buzz.

It's getting really bananas out there with the rumors, so just going to mostly chill until we hear back something more concrete.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Flores obsession with Watson is beyond weird. I want no part of this psycho as the Bears HC.

2. If ownership is dumb enough to sign off on trading a talent like Fields away after trading up for him last year based off a handful of games under Nagy's pathetic excuse for a 'system' I'm done as a Bears fan.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I read an article yesterday that said more than one GM interviewed by the Bears is not comfortable with Fields and would look for an alternate quarterback plan. I am not going to agree or disagree with that opinion. However, I find it very hard to believe that if this did happen it would have leaked out, at least so quickly.

If Adam Shefter says it, it's probably true. Most of the other sources except Rapoport just seem to improvise.

What's likely is this is the Flores camp leaking. Seriously, there's so much shit, its impossible to keep it straight what's real and what isn't, and what's coming from these interviewees or their agents, and whats actually coming from the Bears.

Remember, we are dealing with an industry that thinks putting a hangnail on an injury report is a competitive disadvantage, so there is no telling what these nutjobs will run to the rumor mill with if they think it can land them the job.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Things are starting to get really wild now - I've slow played a lot that is out there now, just because you don't know where they are coming from.

For instance, the Frazier and Eberfleuss stuff - there's word that these reports are actually coming from Chris Ballard's camp to try to get these guys hired and generate buzz.

It's getting really bananas out there with the rumors, so just going to mostly chill until we hear back something more concrete.

Good idea man! Keep your ear to these streets bruh. Let us know when you peep some more bullshit in a separate,attention seeking thread...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I can't imaging the Bears taking a massive risk like that
george-mccaskey-ted-phillips.jpg

Can you imagine it now? LOL

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
1. Flores obsession with Watson is beyond weird. I want no part of this psycho as the Bears HC.

2. If ownership is dumb enough to sign off on trading a talent like Fields away after trading up for him last year based off a handful of games under Nagy's pathetic excuse for a 'system' I'm done as a Bears fan.
It is strange, but also to some degree is kind of smart. He knows that his success as a HC is most largely tied to having a top tier QB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Flores is that invested in Watson, he'd just go to Houston. No team, especially with their own promising young quarterback, would want to trade significant resources for that amount of baggage.
Supposedly Watson has already said he's not staying there no matter who they get as HC because the problem wasn't ever the HC and was always the owner.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Of course, this is all pure speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Brian Flores was one of the guys the Bears talked to that didn't like Justin Fields. He doesn't want to be in charge of developing a young quarterback, which is why he has no business being in charge of the Bears.