Pros and cons of Matt Eberflus

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My guess is Dodds crushed his interviews and he’s hiring Eberflus wherever he goes so teams ready to hire Dodds need to take another look at Eberflus.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
My guess is Dodds crushed his interviews and he’s hiring Eberflus wherever he goes so teams ready to hire Dodds need to take another look at Eberflus.
Apparently he killed the interview. If he can teach , or if he can fake explain teaching. Polian is ready…. Colts baby

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
A correction on my earlier statement on Eberflus upon further reading: The passing game coordinator label Dallas gave him apparently was as the "defensive passing game coordinator", so he wasn't actually coaching the offensive side of the ball like I thought he was... Confusing, to say the least.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Pros:
Eberflus took over Pagano's defense built for a 3-4 that finished among the league's worst in pretty much every major statistical category the season prior and turned it into a top 10 unit that same year with a bunch of personnel that didnt fit his scheme. Has had lead a top 10 unit every season except one (2019, defense ranked 16th).

Is said to be a no nonsense type of coach who demands perfection and hustle from his players week in and week out.

Cons:
He probably wont have a clue who to hire as an OC, thus booting the Bears right back to where they've been for the 40 years of my life.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got no issues with Eberflus. His defense for the most part has been good. Makes me wonder if that means Desai leaves. I think they have different philosophies?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Kind of like Pete Carroll, Belichek, Cowher, Tomlin and Dungy? Idiotic.
Carroll needs to retire
Bellichek is a unicorn
Cowher is retired
As bad as Big Ben is Matt Canada is pretty awful too. They are still struggling to find a good offensive play caller so this honestly doesn't help Tomlin
Dungy is also retired