Supposedly the recent Fields trade rumors came from Flores

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yeah no shit, but his supposed obsession with Watson is still dumb. The guy hasn't played football in a year and comes with tons of baggage that's not even close to being resolved.. What guarantee do you have that he even plays next year? Last I heard his shit is going to the Grand Jury. The juice simply doesn't seem worth the squeeze to me.

Additionally, why the fuck would you want to have to deal with all that drama and bullshit when you just traded up for someone that's younger, bigger, faster, with just as much raw talent, absolutely no baggage, and has great morals/character that you don't have to worry about unlike Watson where you'd constantly be living in fear of another accuser coming out of the woodwork? It literally makes no sense whatsoever which is why I could totally see the Bears ownership being dumb enough to get talked into it by some GM/HC they're interviewing... ?‍♂️

As far as I'm concerned, if I was running the interviews any HC candidate that tells me they can only win "with his guy at QB" is clearly a fraud like Nagy that sucks at the coaching part of his job and I want nothing to do with.
Lol at alluding to Fields being better than Watson, I sure wouldn’t bet on that. Too QBs don’t come around every draft.

The answer to your questions is really fucking simple: winning matters.

And it’s obvious that Flores doesn’t care about “good guy” character and all that. He’s probably a results driven guy, much like the pats are (Hernandez, Antonio Brown, Randy Moss, etc.).

as for why Watson, despite probably having a relationship with him, what other top performing QB can you get at one the open HC jobs? I’ll wait.

Look, it’s not what I would do as a HC, but I get it in terms of job security. This guys comes from an organization where BB has had a successful QB marriage for his long..?’.?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Yeah no shit, but his supposed obsession with Watson is still dumb. The guy hasn't played football in a year and comes with tons of baggage that's not even close to being resolved.. What guarantee do you have that he even plays next year? Last I heard his shit is going to the Grand Jury. The juice simply doesn't seem worth the squeeze to me.

Additionally, why the fuck would you want to have to deal with all that drama and bullshit when you just traded up for someone that's younger, bigger, faster, with just as much raw talent, absolutely no baggage, and has great morals/character that you don't have to worry about unlike Watson where you'd constantly be living in fear of another accuser coming out of the woodwork? It literally makes no sense whatsoever which is why I could totally see the Bears ownership being dumb enough to get talked into it by some GM/HC they're interviewing... ?‍♂️

As far as I'm concerned, if I was running the interviews any HC candidate that tells me they can only win "with his guy at QB" is clearly a fraud like Nagy that sucks at the coaching part of his job and I want nothing to do with.
I think part of this too is that he knows he's not getting a 3rd chance to be a HC if he screws this next opportunity up. It is a big risk to hinge your coaching future on a young, unproven quarterback, so I can understand why his interest in Watson is so high.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think part of this too is that he knows he's not getting a 3rd chance to be a HC if he screws this next opportunity up. It is a big risk to hinge your coaching future on a young, unproven quarterback, so I can understand why his interest in Watson is so high.
Somebody gets it

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Is this an example of this guys "source"? I mean, 2/5 is pretty good in baseball but sounds like he just makes educated guesses. " Pace likely gone but could stay". Ah. "Matt Nagy will be fired after the season". He also claimed Harbaugh was considering leaving Michigan, which would mean he has a " source" in both the Bears organization and Michigan/Harbaugh's camp?

Feels like bs. How are the Bears warming to Frazier when they haven't even interviewed him yet?

IF it's true that Flores wants Watson that's an obvious deal breaker. The fact that he would be that adamant about getting a guy with the amount of uncertainty around him is crazy. Which also makes me think it's bullshit.
Who would have guessed that Nagy would have be fired after the final game? Not me and certainly not anyone who is the slightest bit informed on the state of the Chicago Bears.

incredible how easily fooled people are into believing some of these randoms.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wasn't the original rumor about the beef between Flores and the Dolphins, is that the owner of the Dolphins wanted Watson at all costs? And Flores was vocal about how stupid it was.

Now there's this. K.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And here's Vash

Always putting in the effort to make CCS as Special person as possible

Visionman

Liked Posts:

There are some other tweets out there that I didn't copy here but supposedly when Flores interviewed with the Bears, he pitched trading Justin Fields for deshaun Watson.

And Flores is determined to have DeShaun Watson wherever he goes. So wherever he lands, he wants to trade for watson. That's his guy and his mind....

Take that for whatever it's worth, and definitely with a grain of salt.
If that’s really what Flores said, I’d hire him on the spot.

Just so I could fire him a second later. Sounds like a ccs poster…

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Who needs a gm AND coach when there are guys like Brian Flores floating around.

Joker85

Liked Posts:
No matter how bad the Bears embarrass themselves year after year, decade after decade, I'm here, hoping for next year, but if the Bears traded JF to sign some turd coach that just flamed out in Miami I would be done with this team for good.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Flores is in no position to evalute NFL QBs. He has virtually zero history of coaching offense in the NFL.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not saying I want this or believe it, but…

One thing that supports the Bears being unhappy with Fields’ development: In George’s press conference, he was asked about “young players.” George mentioned one of the other rookies, can’t remember who it was, and had every opportunity to talk about Justin Fields, but seemingly pointedly didn’t mention the QB. They talked about it on WSCR as one of the many many weird moments of that presser.

Maybe Polian had alerted George to the possibility that some GM’s/HC’s might not be on board with JF, and to be “open” to ideas other than going with Fields, and potentially trading him and bringing in a different QB.

Again, it’s just a thought.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not saying I want this or believe it, but…

One thing that supports the Bears being unhappy with Fields’ development: In George’s press conference, he was asked about “young players.” George mentioned one of the other rookies, can’t remember who it was, and had every opportunity to talk about Justin Fields, but seemingly pointedly didn’t mention the QB. They talked about it on WSCR as one of the many many weird moments of that presser.

Maybe Polian had alerted George to the possibility that some GM’s/HC’s might not be on board with JF, and to be “open” to potentially trading Fields and bringing in a different QB.

Again, it’s just a thought.
The Bears are a hot mess

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Took me a while to find it. So much stuff out there. That's why I only truly take Shefter and Rapoport to heart. But, here ya go:

Here is the "source" part of the article:

A source indicated that some candidates the Bears have met with thus far stated they weren’t overly high on Fields. They had different ideas about what direction to go at quarterback. It isn’t clear how McCaskey or his interview team reacted one way or the other. Still, the exact scenario many wondered about has happened.