***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is what I alluded to last night...they need to hire a GM first. A 2nd interview with a candidate BEFORE having a GM in place is a waste of time.
Yep. Idiots doing the same old shit, except they're hiding behind the name of Bill Polian.

Your most important player is a 2nd year QB who your previous HC did zero to help or develop. Make a DC your favorite candidate before you get a GM.

Shit-show.

Is it possible that Eberflus was on the list of the GMs they are most interested in? Do you think for example if he is on Brown's list that Brown needs to interview the guy he has been working with for the past several years?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Aren't these positions most teams allow the gm to hire people for? But bears just want the gm to do all of it?
How is a GM going to hire people to effectively fill those positions if they don’t first know something of them? Most GM candidates have had jobs related to both, but again, it’s how well they truly understand both sides. Cant be just good at drafting or signing FAs as a GM.

And I imagine it’s mostly Polish asking those questions for those complaining…lol

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
It's Day 9. If you're impatient or "put off" by the fact they haven't hired someone you're not being realistic.

Quite the opposite. If they had hired someone quickly, the thought process would be that they were not thorough.

There is literally no way a rational person pulls out of consideration of a GM job because the team is interviewing a lot of coaching candidates. That makes no sense whatsoever.
That shows he an ass or just has no self confidence. I'm disappointed in his actions had him high on my list.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is it possible that Eberflus was on the list of the GMs they are most interested in? Do you think for example if he is on Brown's list that Brown needs to interview the guy he has been working with for the past several years?
Could be. They also haven't interviewed all of the GM candidates yet. You'd think they'd get their GM finalists set first and work for there. But we're talking about the same ownership group that basically had Mickey Loomis pull their strings with Ryan Pace and John Fox.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I knew this was going to be a complete shit show when they were compiling a HC list prior to a GM list and then actually conducted interviews.

I think I even made a thread about it and ppl were like 'BuT tHeY mIgHT MiSS oUt oN aLL thE GoOD CoACHes' durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

George, himself, said I'm just a fan, not a football evaluator. He should be nowhere near the coaching hiring. Should have been 100% focused on selecting the right GM first.
I really don’t get why people are upset over this. If you get the right people don’t really give a fuck how they get there. Hasn’t been a sign HC or GM signed yet.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Frazier
Caldwell
Marvin Lewis

All 3 of them are a couple years away from assisted living. I'm sorry but I'm just not buying the idea that the McCaskey's are in the market for 60 and 70 year old coaches. Not with a new stadium on the way. Not with Justin Fields long term development at stake.
yes I agree, need a younger guy.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Hopefully hortiz or khan are the guy and can teach the bears brass how a well run organization is managed.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Wow they really think Watson is that much better than Fields?
Or Wilson?

I mean…a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. It would almost always behoove you to take the pro-bowl QB over the “potential” but damn I like Fields and that would be hard to do.
I don’t share the delusion that my defense is anywhere near ready to make that pay off.
Houston has a high draft pick already, I’d offer Smith and a first and Montgomery or anything they want for Watson but not Fields.
Why would you want Fields & Watson both. Did you say that wrong or am I not reading it correctly?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Is this definitely Morocco's first interview? Supposedly he was interviewing Tuesday then it got moved to today, now Monday?
Yes - his first interview. It got pushed back again. I am not opposed to that GM/Head coach combination. Morocco Brown was around with the Bears when they were building up the NFL Super Bowl roster back in 2006.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
They are getting ready to cram 2 yes-men into these positions and hope it works. Be ready for disappointment ?.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I don’t mind Brown, but Eberflus? Daboll is more attractive as a HC if people think Fields is a franchise QB.

I don’t think eber is a slam dunk it’s just a response to jaguars doing it so he knows he is a finalist. As far as I know zero other HC have any confirmed 2nd interviews for any teams.