***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

TL1961

Liked Posts:
We will credit the Giants for their speed rather than criticize them for interviewing so few candidates. Would the Bears have that luxury?

I want the Bears to hire the right guy. I am not terribly concerned if they are not first. Now, if they're so slow that they get the last guy standing....then we should be concerned.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Get on the phone with Harbaugh and ask him how much money he wants, agree to it, and then sign the damn contract. It should be that simple.

If the Bears came to him right now and told him they'll give him 12-15M/yr to coach the Bears, there's no way he's turning that down.
They better get a GM first, because signing Harbaugh may limit the field of interested candidates. He has to be tough to work with (and stomach on a daily basis)

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
We will credit the Giants for their speed rather than criticize them for interviewing so few candidates. Would the Bears have that luxury?

I want the Bears to hire the right guy. I am not terribly concerned if they are not first. Now, if they're so slow that they get the last guy standing....then we should be concerned.
Thanks Ted!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Get on the phone with Harbaugh and ask him how much money he wants, agree to it, and then sign the damn contract. It should be that simple.

If the Bears came to him right now and told him they'll give him 12-15M/yr to coach the Bears, there's no way he's turning that down.

Lol at 12-15m for a guy with zero college or NFL titles. Hell no.
They better get a GM first, because signing Harbaugh may limit the field of interested candidates. He has to be tough to work with (and stomach on a daily basis)
If you going after Harbaugh then you hire him first because he is de facto GM. So he would be interviewing GMs to see which ones want to work with him and take a backseat ceding roster control to him. I seriously doubt he goes to NFL without control of the roster.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Why does this writer consider it big based on the other interview the same day? Because they're from the same org? That's connecting dots that may or may not exist.

It’s a gift from Lord Ballard! How dare you questions it’s bigness, repent!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I will say one thing regarding the speed of the process, though (to agree with those who want to move it along faster)

The Arizona job could very well be opening up, and we're not 100% sure the Dallas job doesn't. I believe the Dallas job would go to one of their coordinators. but that still limits the candidate pool for teams considering either of them. And the Bears are reportedly interviewing Quinn, so they are one of those teams.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

If you going after Harbaugh then you hire him first because he is de facto GM. So he would be interviewing GMs to see which ones want to work with him and take a backseat ceding roster control to him. I seriously doubt he goes to NFL without control of the roster.
True. I actually expected this initially, but have figured it is a longer shot now. But I do contend anything is on the table with Harbaugh. He may very well sign a longer deal at Michigan, but I will believe it only when I see it. He will have a lot of people waiting on his decision, and I believe he will love that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will say one thing regarding the speed of the process, though (to agree with those who want to move it along faster)

The Arizona job could very well be opening up, and we're not 100% sure the Dallas job doesn't. I believe the Dallas job would go to one of their coordinators. but that still limits the candidate pool for teams considering either of them. And the Bears are reportedly interviewing Quinn, so they are one of those teams.

If the Zona job is going to open up soon then even more reason to wait as Kingsbury would shoot to the top of the HC list for me. That would be a no brainer. Handpicked Murray and turned him into a stud and then won games with Colt McCoy. He would be perfect for Fields development.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
If the Zona job is going to open up soon then even more reason to wait as Kingsbury would shoot to the top of the HC list for me. That would be a no brainer. Handpicks Murray and turned him into a stud and then won games with Colt McCoy. He would be perfect for Fields development.
Kingsbury is a terrible coach. His offenses are fun to watch from September through mid November though

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So former white QB with zero NFL coaching experience gets a HC interview.

#whiteprivilege!
If only he had stood next to Bruce Arians, he'd be qualified. Well, if he weren't white.

• Haha
Reactions: chi

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kingsbury is a terrible coach. His offenses are fun to watch from September through mid November though

Couldn't disagree more on his being a terrible coach. Still needs a bit more seasoning as an overall HC but I think in terms of developing Fields and putting him in an O suited for his abilities, he would be the best person for the job.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If only he had stood next to Bruce Arians, he'd be qualified. Well, if he weren't white.

Again this is why I troll you about race. To compare a black guy with 56 games of NFL play calling experience to a guy with 0 coaching experience at the NFL level is the dumb shit a racist would say. You are better than this TL. Dude hasn't even been a quality control assistant and is getting HC interviews.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Couldn't disagree more on his being a terrible coach. Still needs a bit more seasoning as an overall HC but I think in terms of developing Fields and putting him in an O suited for his abilities, he would be the best person for the job.
Until he doesn't fall apart down the stretch of a season I'll think he's a bad coach. I don't think he's getting fired until next year though

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:

His salary doesn't count against the cap. Not sure why you would have a strong opinion on this, unless you just flat out don't want Harbaugh as the coach. If he's your guy, the floor for his services probably starts at 10M/yr. If it costs a little more than that to ensure an agreement out of him, then so be it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Until he doesn't fall apart down the stretch of a season I'll think he's a bad coach. I don't think he's getting fired until next year though
Think that is a faulty argument. Basically you are knocking him because he finished a rebuild in record time. By all rights that should have been a 5 year rebuild and he had that team in the playoffs in year 3. I don't put much stock in how they finished in 2019 and 2020 as a rebuilding team. This year they faltered in large part due to injuries and Murray not being quite as good as he was before injury.