***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Again this is why I troll you about race. To compare a black guy with 56 games of NFL play calling experience to a guy with 0 coaching experience at the NFL level is the dumb shit a racist would say. You are better than this TL. Dude hasn't even been a quality control assistant and is getting HC interviews.
Not every hire is based on race. Let's evaluate circumstances based on facts, not make assumptions.

It's true Josh has no coaching experience. I wouldn't expect him to be a candidate, but not all players are equal when it comes to understanding the game.

Somebody sees something. So be it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
His salary doesn't count against the cap. Not sure why you would have a strong opinion on this, unless you just flat out don't want Harbaugh as the coach. If he's your guy, the floor for his services probably starts at 10M/yr. If it costs a little more than that to ensure an agreement out of him, then so be it.

I can afford a $100 hamburger. Doesn't mean I am going to buy one. The dude is not worth the money. He has won nothing at the college or NFL level to warrant 15m a year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not every hire is based on race. Let's evaluate circumstances based on facts, not make assumptions.

It's true Josh has no coaching experience. I wouldn't expect him to be a candidate, but not all players are equal when it comes to understanding the game.

Somebody sees something. So be it.

The hypocrisy here is astounding. You are willing to apply this logic to McCown but then ignore it when it comes to Leftwich.

Is it possible that Leftwich is a top HC candidate because he shows an advanced understanding of the game? Or does that only apply to CERTAIN people?

You don't see how making these allowances for CERTAIN people even if you did not make them based on race can be perceived as being tied to race. I am not talking about you specifically but the NFL as a whole. This is what the gold old boy network looks like. CERTAIN people given the benefit of the doubt while others resumes are torn apart even if they are more qualified.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Think that is a faulty argument. Basically you are knocking him because he finished a rebuild in record time. By all rights that should have been a 5 year rebuild and he had that team in the playoffs in year 3. I don't put much stock in how they finished in 2019 and 2020 as a rebuilding team. This year they faltered in large part due to injuries and Murray not being quite as good as he was before injury.
Oh, c'mon, now. That is a stretch. Why on earth should it have been a 5 year rebuild when the GM drafted a QB #1 and traded for one of the very best WRs in the game? Then added TJ Watt without trading away players or picks?

For the most part, when people predicted where AZ would be this year, they were pessimistic primarily due to Kingsbury. Nobody at Texas Tech was sorry to see him go.

Look at that list of finishes to his seasons. It wasn't just 2 years in AZ. It was 3 in AZ and 6 in college.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I can afford a $100 hamburger. Doesn't mean I am going to buy one. The dude is not worth the money. He has won nothing at the college or NFL level to warrant 15m a year.
Yeah, I feel the same. I have come around on hiring Harbaugh to the point I would be happy with it, but I do not understand this "MUST get him at all costs" mentality.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The hypocrisy here is astounding. You are willing to apply this logic to McCown but then ignore it when it comes to Leftwich.

Is it possible that Leftwich is a top HC candidate because he shows an advanced understanding of the game? Or does that only apply to CERTAIN people?

You don't see how making these allowances for CERTAIN people even if you did not make them based on race can be perceived as being tied to race. I am not talking about you specifically but the NFL as a whole. This is what the gold old boy network looks like. CERTAIN people given the benefit of the doubt while others resumes are torn apart even if they are more qualified.
I don't have anything against Leftwich. I just am smart enough to know the OC that has Tom Brady is not responsible for the offense's success. New England's OCs failing at virtually every place they've been since New England is evidence of that.

Don't mistake realism for anti-Leftwich. He may turn out great. But you have been using pretzel logic to give him credit for everything, and you have made it clear why.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh, c'mon, now. That is a stretch. Why on earth should it have been a 5 year rebuild when the GM drafted a QB #1 and traded for one of the very best WRs in the game? Then added TJ Watt without trading away players or picks?

For the most part, when people predicted where AZ would be this year, they were pessimistic primarily due to Kingsbury. Nobody at Texas Tech was sorry to see him go.

Look at that list of finishes to his seasons. It wasn't just 2 years in AZ. It was 3 in AZ and 6 in college.

Lol, the GM did not do shit. Kingsbury fought for Murray. Murray was a 3rd round pick coming into the year. That is precisely why the A's drafted him in baseball because it was expected he would not be a top QB pick. Then he had a Heisman year and people said he might sneak into the 1st round. It was Kingsbury that pushed him up the draft board because no one had him as the top pick until it leaked Kingsbury was considering it. The GM had jack shit to do with it as that dude thought Rosen was a top QB.

JJ Watt played 7 games dude. He is one of the reasons the team faltered because the dumb GM that picked Rosen decided to sign a well known injury prone player and surprise surprise he got injured. Hopkins also got injured. Kingsbury had that team in the playoffs despite the GM not because of him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't have anything against Leftwich. I just am smart enough to know the OC that has Tom Brady is not responsible for the offense's success. New England's OCs failing at virtually every place they've been since New England is evidence of that.

Don't mistake realism for anti-Leftwich. He may turn out great. But you have been using pretzel logic to give him credit for everything, and you have made it clear why.

And yet again you are willing to claim a guy who has O NFL coaching experience has an innate understanding of the game. Again your logic is hypocritical. It is entirely possible Leftwich has a great understanding and feel for the game even if he has Brady as a QB. You don't give him that benefit of the doubt for some reason.

You are literally trying to defend a completely unqualified white dude getting an interview while dismissing a black dude with 56 games of playcalling experience and 3 seasons being the OC for a top 5 offense under Winston and Brady. Truly strange hill to die on.

Especially when no one was talking about Leftwich. I literally was talking about an obviously unqualified white dude getting a HC interview and you had to bring Leftwich into it and actually tried to compare the two. Regardless of who you prefer there is no grounds to compare a guy with 56 games of playcalling to a guy with 0 NFL coaching experience. The fact you even thought to make that comparison is telling.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lol, the GM did not do shit. Kingsbury fought for Murray. Murray was a 3rd round pick coming into the year. That is precisely why the A's drafted him in baseball because it was expected he would not be a top QB pick. Then he had a Heisman year and people said he might sneak into the 1st round. It was Kingsbury that pushed him up the draft board because no one had him as the top pick until it leaked Kingsbury was considering it. The GM had jack shit to do with it as that dude thought Rosen was a top QB.

JJ Watt played 7 games dude. He is one of the reasons the team faltered because the dumb GM that picked Rosen decided to sign a well known injury prone player and surprise surprise he got injured. Hopkins also got injured. Kingsbury had that team in the playoffs despite the GM not because of him.
OK. I thought the GM drafted Murray. I could swear he went from college to the Cardinals.

7 games for JJ watt may be a career high. :ROFLMAO: I know he was not out there much. But I doubt seriously you will find many people in the NFL that think he did a great job turning them around so quickly.

And NO team in the NFL should be a 5 year turnaround, especially when you have the #1 overall pick and darft a QB, even if it is only Kyler.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
And yet again you are willing to claim a guy who has O NFL coaching experience has an innate understanding of the game. Again your logic is hypocritical. It is entirely possible Leftwich has a great understanding and feel for the game even if he has Brady as a QB. You don't give him that benefit of the doubt for some reason.
I didnt state anyone had an innate understanding. I said "someone sees something in him. So be it" I am not lobbying for him. I liked him as a QB but I'd be unhappy if the bears were considering him now. I would take Leftwich over him without a doubt. Stop the strawman arguments, Remy. C'mon!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
OK. I thought the GM drafted Murray. I could swear he went from college to the Cardinals.

7 games for JJ watt may be a career high. :ROFLMAO: I know he was not out there much. But I doubt seriously you will find many people in the NFL that think he did a great job turning them around so quickly.

And NO team in the NFL should be a 5 year turnaround, especially when you have the #1 overall pick and darft a QB, even if it is only Kyler.
It is well known Murray was Kingsbury's pick. He coached him in college and lobbied for the Cards to dump Rosen and draft him. The Bears were a 4-5 year rebuild despite 4 top 10 draft picks.

I didnt state anyone had an innate understanding. I said "someone sees something in him. So be it" I am not lobbying for him. I liked him as a QB but I'd be unhappy if the bears were considering him now. I would take Leftwich over him without a doubt. Stop the strawman arguments, Remy. C'mon!

You did more than that. You compared a guy with 0 NFL coaching experience to a guy with 56 games of playcalling when no one was talking about Leftwich. I have no idea why you would compare a completely unqualified white coach to an obviously qualified black coach. Even if you don't prefer Leftwich, the comparison is just BS.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
That's fine, then just say you don't want Jim Harbaugh. If you don't like a guy at 15M/yr you shouldn't like him at 10M/yr either, because the total amount is meaningless to the fan in a way that signing a player might not be.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's fine, then just say you don't want Jim Harbaugh. If you don't like a guy at 15M/yr you shouldn't like him at 10M/yr either, because the total amount is meaningless to the fan in a way that signing a player might not be.

Um no this logic is dumb. I can like my BMW at 50k and not like it at 75k. In life we put a price on things.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Um no this logic is dumb. I can like my BMW at 50k and not like it at 75k. In life we put a price on things.
Additionally, the more the team pays, the less likely they pull the plug if necessary. High salary ties you to a guy you may otherwise want to move on from.